Couples is NOT a nudist colony. I don't know what has inspired all these "topless" threads, but I'm beginning to wonder if there's a conspiracy out there to turn the Couples brand from Romance to Raunchy? Now, before you get your naked bowels in an uproar, I have a natural dislike for clothes and have no problem with anyone getting topless or bottomless or sideless for that matter. But in the nearly 30 years I've been going to a Couples resort, I've always considered it to be all about romance and relaxation. Sure, I've spent time on the island at CTI and Sunset Beach at CSS, but that's not what Couples is all about, or at least, it's not what it used to be all about.

Jamaica is very lenient in terms of nudity and that's fine. If I could walk around CSA without my clothes, I'd probably do it, just to maintain my overall tan. Fortunately, for most of us, the majority of the guests to Couples keep their clothes on, especially where we eat. Since Couples is adults only, there's no real concern about being naked, but it doesn't have to be in the forefront of everyone's mind unless that's the direction management has decided to take. Compete with Hedonism? Is that a plan? I hope not.

So, to those of you who want to snorkel topless, golf bottomless, and tan all those places you're going to cover with a dress or three-piece suit when you get home, enjoy yourself, there are plenty of spaces at Couples designated for you to let it all hang out, just try to be romantic while you're at it.