Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nick&Nora View Post
    We like to find loungers at the SSB pool on the side away from the bar. Its very relaxing to listen to the waterfall on that side and to float in the water. If it gets loud we head down to the beach or out into the water. Say Hi! if you see us...we are kinda quiet but enjoy meeting folks and visiting....we just won't be the couple leading karaoke!
    We'll definitely look for you. Last year (1st time) we tended to hang out at one of the umbrellas on SSB, heading up to the pool area for a swim and drinks as needed. Funny you said that about leading the karoake.....we're the same way. Joanna and I were just saying the other day that one thing we don't like about the entertainment is they want so much audience participation. We just like to sit back, relax, and listen to music....not feel like we're apt to be singled out to get involved on stage.

We will be at CSS June 14th until June 21th.
    NAME: Phillip and Gretchen
    TRIPS TO CSS: This will be our 2nd, 10th to Jamaica
    ROOM TYPE: Ocean Veranda
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Frankfort, KY
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: Beach, diving, sailing
    KIDS: Three grown up, girl and 2 boys.
    DRINK YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO: vodka-cranberry juice
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT: High

Quote Originally Posted by FLgypsies View Post
    Any other divers out there arriving in mid June?
    Yes, June 14 to 21. Will probably dive about every day.

NAME: Bonnie & Noah
    DATES OF TRAVEL: June 27 - July 4
    TRIPS TO CSS: 1 (2 trips to Grand Lido Braco)
    ROOM TYPE: 1 BR Beachfront
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: VA
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: Relaxing, snorkeling/scuba, tennis, alcohol ;-0
    WILL YOU GO A/N: Yes
    DRINK YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO: Dirty Bananas, Hummingbirds
    KIDS: 2 boys
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT (1-10) About an 8. First trip in a decade without the kids . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
    Yes, June 14 to 21. Will probably dive about every day.
    So Donovan, do you bring any of your own gear? I've had mixed results w/ rentals. 42 days and counting...can't wait!

So Donovan, do you bring any of your own gear? I've had mixed results w/ rentals. 42 days and counting...can't wait!
    I bring my own mask, fins, watch and camera (Fuji with a housing). The water is warm enough that a dive suit is not necessary, but of course a personal choice. I dive in a swimsuit and tank top, and there is only one dive that a jellyfish found me where I wished I had a suit on. I bring my own mask and fins so I can snorkle anytime I feel. The watch is for timing the decompression stop + intervals if necessary although some people have dive computers for this and the guides will assure you adhere to the safety guidelines anyway. I have probably been on 60 dives down there and never needed anything else, so I don't bother to pack it. I have been with people that bring a lot of tools, and that is fine if you have the luggage room.

DO make sure you have water shoes or some type of shoe for the boat and getting in and out of the boat. I have found the ladders to be slippery, and I haven't yet, but I am always on the lookout for Sea Urchins....we don't want to step on one.

I bring my own mask, fins, watch and camera (Fuji with a housing). The water is warm enough that a dive suit is not necessary, but of course a personal choice. I dive in a swimsuit and tank top, and there is only one dive that a jellyfish found me where I wished I had a suit on. I bring my own mask and fins so I can snorkle anytime I feel. The watch is for timing the decompression stop + intervals if necessary although some people have dive computers for this and the guides will assure you adhere to the safety guidelines anyway. I have probably been on 60 dives down there and never needed anything else, so I don't bother to pack it. I have been with people that bring a lot of tools, and that is fine if you have the luggage room.

DO make sure you have water shoes or some type of shoe for the boat and getting in and out of the boat. I have found the ladders to be slippery, and I haven't yet, but I am always on the lookout for Sea Urchins....we don't want to step on one.
    Thanks! Rental gear is so hit and miss it's good to know their equipment is ok (though I do have a new regulator so may bring it just because ). Looking forward to snorkeling off SSB (have heard it is possible so guess we will see if it is worth the effort).

Thanks! Rental gear is so hit and miss it's good to know their equipment is ok (though I do have a new regulator so may bring it just because ). Looking forward to snorkeling off SSB (have heard it is possible so guess we will see if it is worth the effort).
    We will look for you. Gretchen doesn't care for scuba, but is game for snorkeling. I will do what makes her happy :-) If I had something new, I would bring it also :-)

We will look for you. Gretchen doesn't care for scuba, but is game for snorkeling. I will do what makes her happy :-) If I had something new, I would bring it also :-)
    Look for us on SSB, first round is on me. Bev is going to do the beginner one day deal then probably stick with snorkeling. I like that the dives are fairly short so I can get out and back before it's too late in the day.

Look for us on SSB, first round is on me. Bev is going to do the beginner one day deal then probably stick with snorkeling. I like that the dives are fairly short so I can get out and back before it's too late in the day.
    Sounds like a good plan!

NAME: Chad and Kristin
    DATES OF TRAVEL: June 1-8
    TRIPS TO CSS: First time!
    ROOM TYPE: Beachfront Suite
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: NY
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: having no responsibilities
    DRINK YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO: anything cold and sweet!
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT (1-10): 10+ Currently at risk of peeing my pants!

Is two weeks out too early to pack? Also, has anyone ventured to SSB at night? heard it is allowed, just dark and, of course, the bar is closed. Might be kind of nice to enjoy the hot tub under the stars (and without the crowd).

Is two weeks out too early to pack? Also, has anyone ventured to SSB at night? heard it is allowed, just dark and, of course, the bar is closed. Might be kind of nice to enjoy the hot tub under the stars (and without the crowd).
    Haha, my wife is an early packer....I am a last minute scramble. How many is a crowd?

Nope, not too early at all to pack, we have started! We agree it would be nice to be at SSB at night, hoping we can get a bartender to open the bar for us! See you all in 2 weeks.

Starting packing this coming weekend for the flight to Jamaica on 7th June. Luggage allowance is big enough for us to pretty much pack our entire wardrobe. And I bet my good lady wife will too! Strange as she spends most of her time at SSB with me! Go figure!!

After a little research it appears we can get lights turned on, if desired, but most people opt for bringing "supplies" from their rooms rather than paying the fee for a bartender. (though it IS possible). As for how many is a "crowd" well guess that depends on how many can fit in the hot tub It would be fun to get some folks together one night. Now if I can just survive this next week at work.

We are also flying June 7th and will start packing this weekend, so excited!!!!!

NAMES: Dan & Tami
    DATES OF TRAVEL: June 16-21
    TRIPS TO CSS: First time
    ROOM TYPE: Beachfront ste
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: CO
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: Getting away from the daily grind for a week, relaxing, and meeting some new friends!
    WILL YOU GO A/N: It will be our first time doing so, but that's the plan.
    DRINK YOU'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO: Anything tropical that we don't have to make ourselves!
    KIDS: None yet
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT (1-10): Is 11 an acceptable answer? We can't think of a better way to celebrate our 5th anniversary!

We will be at CSS June 16th - 22nd
    NAME: Amanda and TJ
    TRIPS TO CSS: This will be our 1st time to any type of all inclusive resort
    ROOM TYPE: Beachfront Suite
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Pennsylvania
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: spending time with each other relaxing and participating in new/exciting adventures
    WILL YOU GO A/N: not sure
    DRINK YOU ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO: anything fruity
    KIDS: none
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT: 12 - we are beyond excited and ready to experience this amazing place!

NAME: Chelsy & Casey
    DATES OF TRAVEL: June 28-July 5
    TRIPS TO CSS: First timers!
    ROOM TYPE: One Bedroom Beachfront Suite
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: Las Vegas, Nevada
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: Everything! Relaxing!
    WILL YOU GO A/N: Maybe....
    DRINK YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO: Anything fruity
    KIDS: 2 girls
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT (1-10) - 10! Counting down the days!

NOTE: I am a professional photographer in Las Vegas specializing in weddings and couple photos. If you would like a custom photo session around the CSS property, contact me to set up an appointment time. Professional photos to capture your love while you're on vacation will be a fun and enjoyable experience. Simply email me at chelsy(at)cardincreative.com for pricing information. To see my work, take a look at my website: Las Vegas Wedding Photographer - Cardin Creative Photography and blog: Cardin Creative Wedding Photography - Las Vegas Wedding Photographer Blog

See you all in a few weeks!

Guess what....it's JUNE and it's time to get our vacation on Looking forward to putting faces with the names and having a drink by the pool (or in the pool).

NAME: Lauren & Justin
    DATES OF TRAVEL: June 12-17
    TRIPS TO CSS: #1
    ROOM TYPE: 1 BR Ocean Suite
    WHERE ARE YOU FROM: South Carolina now (Lauren's from NJ, Justin's from TN)
    WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO: Relaxing, good food, and people, and alone time
    WILL YOU GO A/N: Not planning on it, but who knows.
    DRINK YOUR LOOKING FORWARD TO: Justin wants all you can drink Red Stripe. I want some good frozen. Rum, perhaps!?
    KIDS: None
    LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT (1-10) 10 10 10. That pretty much sums it up.

It's finally here! Another year has passed and it's time to go home for our 4th trip! We have completed the preparation check list:
    1. Begin drinking Red Stripe
    2. Begin drinking Appleton
    3. Play "Jammin' Jamaica" playlist on iPhone exclusively during work day.
    4. Try on all clothing you intend to wear
    5. Get luggage out of attic to make sure clothing you intend to wear is under weight limit for airline
    6. Remove half of the clothing you intend to wear
    7. Do a little pretanning so there are no pesky lines when you arrive at SSB
    8. Watch the documentary "Marley"
    9. Brew that last bit of Blue Mountain Coffee saved from last trip
    10. Try to maintain focus until the plane lifts off Friday morning the 14th!

I tell you what, for anyone on the fence about whether or not a vacation to CSS is worth it...it's absolutely worth it. This is our Paradise Falls. If you are unfamiliar with Paradise Falls, well, you might not have four young children that have grown up on Disney Pixar movies. Watch the first five minutes of "UP" and you will see why it's a must, and why we call CSS our Paradise Falls. DO NOT WAIT! We took our first trip in our 19th year of marriage...and then 20th, 21st, this our 22nd and already booked for next year.

See ya at the beach later this week! Woooohhoooo!

Only 6 days left for us to wait. Excitement is building for us.
    J&J

Had a minute before my dive and wanted to share a couple of thoughts. First, the grounds are amazing the food is even better and the staff has been great. We are ground floor in A, which upset me a little at first, but it's perfect. Close to what we want to be close to and our patio is tucked back so we have some privacy. Oh, and try a Bob Marley. Watching them make it is just as good as the drink itself gotta go. It's time to get wet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast