Default CSS Sandy Survivor Just Back

New Pair of Strappy Sandals...$40

Cute white Beach Dress...$45

New Swimsuit...$49

Hotel/Air Package...$3000

Surviving Sandy In Ocho Rios...Priceless!!!

Very intense time for a while at CSS on Wednesday. We were advised to stay in our rooms and hunker down. Pierre Battaglia and his wonderful staff did an incredible job of keeping us safe. As we left our room early Thursday morning we could not believe the devastation. Grounds looked like a war zone. Water and debris almost all the way up to Pallazina. BUT...seeing so many staff working tirelessly to remove all the "stuff" washed on to the lawn was inspiring!!! Pools were closed, due to trash/palms floating in them. But by noon the transition was amazing. I cannot say enough how impressed we were by the recovery of the resort. The only downside of the whole event was the constant complaining we overheard from the SSB regulars who did not get THEIR beach cleaned up quickly enough. Seriously???? We endured a CAT 1 Hurricane!! Sorry for the inconvenience. But the GM had staff working overnight to get his property back up to snuff. Not to mention that even on Saturday, when we left, the resort was still operating on generators and limited staff.
    Kudos to CSS! Job well done during a very difficult event!

Thanks, ginjoe for your cute and informative post. Yes, Mr. Battaglia is an amazing GM. He reminds me of my teacher- wife's principle... hands-on, personable with the staff and guests, very proud and caring of his domain and able to do the balancing act a top administrator must perform. I always feel good seeing him walk the grounds of CSS.

I'm sorry to hear there was some whining about the delay in getting Sunset Beach cleaned-up. It was probably in part due to the passion people feel for that very unique place and experience.

We are greatly anticipating our time at Sans Souci later this fall. If I could have transported myself a-la Starship Enterprise to CSS to help with the clean-up, I would have done it!

Quote Originally Posted by ginjoe View Post

New Swimsuit...$49

Very intense time for a while at CSS on Wednesday. We were advised to stay in our rooms and hunker down. Pierre Battaglia and his wonderful staff did an incredible job of keeping us safe. As we left our room early Thursday morning we could not believe the devastation. Grounds looked like a war zone. Water and debris almost all the way up to Pallazina. BUT...seeing so many staff working tirelessly to remove all the "stuff" washed on to the lawn was inspiring!!! Pools were closed, due to trash/palms floating in them. But by noon the transition was amazing. I cannot say enough how impressed we were by the recovery of the resort. The only downside of the whole event was the constant complaining we overheard from the SSB regulars who did not get THEIR beach cleaned up quickly enough. Seriously???? We endured a CAT 1 Hurricane!! Sorry for the inconvenience. But the GM had staff working overnight to get his property back up to snuff. Not to mention that even on Saturday, when we left, the resort was still operating on generators and limited staff.
    Very we'll said, our group was very impressed with how well prepared CSS was for such an event and how quickly they cleaned up the devastation. We started to skip repeaters dinner, so glad we didn't. Mr. Battaglia was such a pleasure to talk to at our table. Glad to see y'all made it home safe and sound!!
    We love couples, booked our next trip as soon as we got home.
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013

We were there also, and was just blown away (not literally!!) by how amazing these people are! We were in the B Block and a tree fell behind it, and within 5 minutes the guys were out there in the wind and rain with chainsaws cutting it up!! SO AMAZING! We not only heard people complaining about how SSB was messed up and not cleaned, but how there weren't certain things on the breakfast buffett!!! I was apalled by the audacity of some people. We couldn't have been any happier despite everything and I think the whole entire staff deserves recognition for their tireless efforts, all while keeping a smile on their faces! A lot of them had to stay overnight and couldn't be home with their families!!! WE LOVE CSS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ginjoe View Post

New Swimsuit...$49

The grounds crew at CSS is an awesome group led by Tall Dennis…Asuper nice, very hard working guy. Hegets help from Vivian, Yogi, Jose and all the other brown uniform folks. Take amoment to get to know them. They work tirelessly in the background and rarelyget any recognition.
    Thanks Guys!....you make CSS a very special place!

Thank you everyone for posting and keeping us informed. We always love to hear feed back, and I am very impressed with CSS to begin with.