Thread: Yoga at CSS

Hybrid View

Default Yoga at CSS

Does CSS offer any yoga classes in the morning? Last time we were there they offered it in the afternoon, which made no sence to me. By then, the other activities as well as cocktails are well underway.

Quote Originally Posted by jls8756 View Post
    Does CSS offer any yoga classes in the morning? Last time we were there they offered it in the afternoon, which made no sence to me. By then, the other activities as well as cocktails are well underway.
    Our friends went to CSS in May and brought back an activity schedule for each day I the week. When I get home tonight I will look over it and let you know the yoga schedule! 32 days left for me!!

They had it in the morning last week (8am) but that was because a visiting instructor was there. I think the regular times with local instructors are in the afternoon.

Amy

When we were there in June it was late afternoon, so I didn't go. I also think it's too late in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by jls8756 View Post

I just looked at the scheduled events sheet I have and it says that yoga is available only on Wed and Fri from 3-4. Bummer :-/ early morning yoga would be a wonderful start to the day!

Default Cocktails & yoga

Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl1022 View Post
    I just looked at the scheduled events sheet I have and it says that yoga is available only on Wed and Fri from 3-4. Bummer :-/ early morning yoga would be a wonderful start to the day!
    My wife and I went to the 4 o'clock class...there were 6 people in the class......when the class was over, I said to my wife did you see the two people who must of had a drink or two....she said NO....I said good....because it was us.....it was fun....but if it's not in the morning,it's not going to happen. ...Namaste

I love to do yoga at css. Yoga is my favorite activity and we should do it daily. Yoga is helpful for living healthy life. Its a natural exercise that is good for us. Anyway nice post and i like it.
    Brovy

Default Vote for morning

We would also prefer a morning class. Also last time we were ther, Oct 2011, did not appear that the teacher had done yoga training!

I just checked out the planned activities piece I have and it says that yoga exercises is available only on Wed and Fri from 3-4. Bummer :-/ day yoga exercises would be a amazing begin to the day!

Yes, there will be morning yoga on weekdays, when visiting instructors are there (most weeks). I think it is at 8 or 9 am. This just started recently (within the last year). There is also a great yoga class with a wonderful rasta yogi on Wednesday and Friday afternoons (worth checking out despite the time of day).

Morning yoga classes are available at CSS. I have searched their planning. I think it will be best to get morning class of yoga at CSS. You can get training easily from morning classes.
    Markherry

They sometimes have visiting pros who will offer classes each morning at 8, but if there is no pro the only opportunity for yoga is with Maja (a local Rasta man) Wednesdays and Fridays at 3pm. He also does a meditation class with some Om chanting and guided meditation.

This is based on what I observed last week (6/28/13 - 7/5/13). For the first couple of days there was a visiting instructor holding classes in the morning, but when she left there were no more classes other than the afternoon sessions on Wed/Fri.

The last time we were there, the yoga class was always in the afternoon around 3:00 - and no, we never went as by that time we've already had almost a full day of sun and fun...

However, don't let that stop you from enjoying yoga in the morning - the yoga area is usually open (they close it for weddings) and it's almost always empty! Thus, you can enjoy the facility and do yoga on your own pretty much anytime.

They did have a few mats the last time I was there, but they were a bit worn out.

My favorite thing to do was head down there in the morning around 6:00, turn on the sauna down below the pool and yoga for about 30 mins while the sauna heated up - then I hit the sauna for about 20 minutes, swim in the ocean or mineral pool for 20 mins then hit the sauna again for round 2... Swim some more and then do a final relaxation back at the yoga area.

It was a fantastic way to start the day and that whole area is one of our favorite things about CSS...