Default A couple questions from a CSA newbie

My future wife and I will be heading to CSA in June for our honeymoon and not having anything left to plan has left me too much time to search and worry about every possible scenario lol. One thing I have recently came across is sun bather's eruption caused by the larvae of jellyfish and it seems to be more of a problem in June. Most of what I read says to wash clothes after swimming immediately and then machine dry them but I'm not sure if that's an option at CSA. My question is how much of an issue is this, especially anyone that has went in early June and any suggestions. It seems to be a rash andmore of an annoyance than anything but it does occur in the areas where you're covered while swimmimg which could put a damper on a honeymoon . I have read about Sea Safe but not sure if it works with these larvae or just regular jellyfish.

On a lighter note, we have decided to stay in the Great House Jacuzzi Suite and would love some feedback on the room. I've searched and read some but there's not a great deal written about it considering there are only four rooms available obviously there have been less users to comment but any input would be nice. We have seen the pics on the site and it looks great and I know some feel it's too hotel like but I really don't feel like I will have that impression. Any input on either subject would very much be appreciated. It's finally less than 9 months away!

We never had any issues in June and have gone 8-16 of June twice and booked for June 7-17 for 2013. I've been stung by jellies once in June, didn't hurt much more than an ant bite. On a side note you might want to bring some bug spray ; for some sand flea can be an issue.

I think they say the rooms in the great house rooms feel more hotel like is because room entrants are inside the building and share a hallway.

We have never been in June but we have also never encountered this issue with the larvae!!! We leave Monday so I will go by the watersports hut and talk to the guys to see if it is a problem, see what they recommend and post it for you! We always stay in the Atrium suites for the privacy and enormous balcony so I can't help you with the room... Congrats on the wedding!!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We have stayed in the Greathouse Jacuzzi Suite. We usually stay in a Beachfront Verandah Suite at CSA. We really did love the GHJS room, although it is a much different "feel" than the BFVS room. Of course, I loved the jacuzzi! It was nice to relax in after a long day in the sun. There are also two sinks in the bathroom, which is nice for getting ready. The GHJS room has more closet space than a BFVS room, which is nice because we typically stay 10 nights. The wetbar in the bedroom area is surprisingly useful for rinsing out cups. Having a sink in the bedroom meant that Bob could also start the coffee right away in the morning if I happened to be in the bathroom. The balcony is a little bit smaller than the BFVS rooms, but still plenty big. We liked being in the Great House as far as being convenient to Patois, internet cafe, Aura Lounge, Feathers, Cabana Grill and the swim-up bar. In fact, we probably spent way more time in the swimup bar on that trip than on any other trip to CSA. The only time we had a noise issue (and it wasn't much) was during the day. If we were relaxing on our balcony, it can get rowdy at the swimup bar. But we never heard noise from the Aura Lounge or anything else at night. If you are a late sleeper, there could be an issue with the maid carts. The maids promptly start cleaning at 9:00 a.m. Because the hallways are tiled, they do make a fair amount of noise. Never bothered us, though, because we are early risers.

redinthehead, looks like we will be there at the same time so perhaps we will run into you. Surfhary20 wow, thanks for doing that! BobandJudy your feedback on the room was awesome. The convenience to the places you listed is exactly the reason why we picked it. A little noise during the day will not bother us at all but being a very light sleeper, night noise was an issue so I liked what you had to say about that. Being up by 9 will be no problem, we definitely don't plan on sleeping away our time at CSA.

If you're concerned about that larval jellyfish thing, just be sure to shower thoroughly after swimming (there are outdoor showers around the beach. Then, just wash out your suit in Woolite at lunch and when you go in in the afternoon. It can be a pain, but if you just take basic precautions you should be all set (or just go see the watersports guys and they'll tell you if there's the potential for a problem while you're there).

Have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by gonegril View Post
    If you're concerned about that larval jellyfish thing, just be sure to shower thoroughly after swimming (there are outdoor showers around the beach. Then, just wash out your suit in Woolite at lunch and when you go in in the afternoon. It can be a pain, but if you just take basic precautions you should be all set (or just go see the watersports guys and they'll tell you if there's the potential for a problem while you're there).

Have fun!!

Thanks for the great info!

I experienced the larvae once while in Akumal Mexico. It was NOT fun at all. You do not feel anything until you get out of the water. There really is nothing you can do about it other then rinse out and take off your swim wear ASAP!

Luckily I did have some Vichy skin repair with me that stopped some of the irritation. The "burn" lasted for a day or so before it finally went away completely.

We just returned from CSA a couple of weeks ago. W booked the BFVS but were solely disappointed in it. Luckily the Front Office Manager was kind enough to transfer us to a GHJS which was beautiful!! IDK what I would have done if I would have had to stay in that BFVS the entire week. How they could charge more for that then they did for the GHJS is beyond me.

We loved that the GHJS was large, bright, beautiful LARGE bathroom, nice view, walk in shower and room to walk around in. IF we would ever return to CSA it would ONLY be to a GHJS.

Fluffin, thanks for your comments on the GHJS. I can definitely understand why people would love the BFVS, the proximity of the room to the beach and more of a villa feel, but the GHJS seems like a great place to spend a honeymoon. Having a view of the ocean was a major priority for me and my future wife loved the idea of a jacuzzi and a larger room so it seemed like a no-brainer. Recieving feedback from you and others have us even more excited. Reading posts on this board the last couple months has only added to the anticipation. I can tell this is a resort full of laid back people who are more than happy to share their experiences and offer suggestions when at all possible.

Ok so we just got back from CSA, I was stung once, a couple that we met were also stung a few times. It depends on how bad the sting is but for me I was more shocked than in pain and didn't even notice it a few hours later and I had a wrap around my upper arm. All of the stings I saw or heard of were in the late afternoon or early evening also.

We went to CSA for our honeymoon August 2011 and we stayed in the Great House Jacuzzi Suite. We loved it. So people may say that you hear noise from Patois or the Beach Grill or swim up bar below or the internet cafe, etc.. we never heard anything (except if we stopped by the room in the middle of the day but the swim up bar was not too noisy when we were there). We also enjoyed watching them clean the bar and pool in the morning - the staff can all sing, so it's a great little bit of entertainment.

The room was very spacious - plenty of room to spread out. We enjoyed having the wet bar in the room, along with the mini bar. The balcony was to die for with the most incredible view! It was spacious and the bathroom had a window that opened onto the balcony that was great for when I was getting ready and my husband was reading or just soaking up the view from the balcony. The shower also had a window with an ocean view! We never really used the jacuzzi, but it was nice to have as an option!

You won't regret it - here are two of our pictures in the room!

Name:  csa room view.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  37.9 KBName:  csa room.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  29.1 KB