Default Which block at CSS?

We're headed to CSS in November, after 2 visits to CN. Thought we'd try something new! We've booked a "One Bedroom Ocean Suite." Wondering which blocks house these? I think I've read on here that G block does, but that seems sooo far away from things. Where else are these? Also, can we request a certain block?? Do I do that when I pre-check-in?
    Thanx for your help! We're excited to be going back to Jamaica in 65 days!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I missed seeing this post. The one bedroom ocean suite is our favourite category, and we love the ones that are in G block, because of the amazing views from up there, and the large private balconies. It's really not that far of a walk, and we spend our days all the way over at SSB. We are in our 50's and 60's, so I'm sure anyone can handle it LOL! You can ask when you check in at the front desk if they have the block (and room) you want available, and if it is, they will be more than happy to meet your request. You can't request it ahead of your arrival, however.

We have lots of information that we could pass along to you about CSS (far more than we could post on the message board), which we would be more than happy to pass along to you (along with some pictures, as well) if you'd like to send us an e-mail to pellis4@cogeco.ca.
    (Karen&Paul)

We believe they're also in blocks D, E & F but are sure someone will correct us if we're wrong. We've requested a certain block before by contacting the resort directly by e-mail. They don't have to honor that request but usually try to as much as they're able. G-block may seem like a long way from things but the views from there are awesome. It's our favorite and we've stayed in that block during 3 of our 4 visits to CSS. Enjoy your stay in whichever block you find yourself!

Here now n have mapped every room. Mgr ID'd roomcategories for me. Will post map later. (OBOS is not only in g block)

THanx Rudi! Looking forward to the post!!

OK, sort of combining this thread with another on room locations. Will try to figure a way to post the mapping I did sometime later.
    Using these Category abbreviations as given by Front Desk :
    HC
    PM suite
    PH (suites)
    OBBS (aka BFS)
    OBOS
    DOV
    DO
    -----------------------------------
    DO
    all of C (except C8) C1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10

DOV (in D, E, G)
    D2,3,7,8,12,15,16, 19,22,25,26
    E1,3,5,7
    G1,3,5,7, 12A, 12B, 15A, 15B
    (note that's what I wrote down as they were listed out to me, but I agree w/ a prior KarenOn post that only 12B & 15A would be DOV; the other 2 (12A & 15B) would be OBOS) (EDIT - other posts list 12A & 15B as also being DOV so it is a bit confusing, but they certainly are much different from 12B & 15A - and here is the prior post: http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...957#post168957)

OBOS
    D1,9,12,11,17,18,23,24
    E2,4,6,8
    All F (F2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) (no F1?? b/c of games room?)
    G2,4,6,8,9,10,11,13,14,16,17,18

OBBS (All A&B)
    A1 to 36
    B1 to 36

PH
    (JackieMRP, SuzyQ, KarenOn, and a few other CSS experts have provided this before complete w/ suite names - search their threads if you want more info) Briefly, the room #'s
    C8
    D14,20,21,27
    E9,10,11,12

A note on C7 - some have posted that it is (or could have been) a suite. The list I recieved noted that in C Block only C8 (not C7) was a suite. Also the stair entrances I noted showed C7 on the same level as 4,5 & 6. Only C8,9, & 10 had the stairs going up, so I don't think C7 is a suite but haven't been inside.

And as they have noted PM suite is D13 and HC is, well, the Hibiscus Cottage.
    --------------------------------
    Most info matches locations I jotted down wandering around very early one AM. Other insomniacs please verify/correct anything noted incorrectly.
    EDIT #2 (had fat-fingered "D12" under PH suites, now correctly listing "D20")
    Last edited by rudi; September 15th, 2012 at 11:32 AM.

Great info Rudi. Thanx!!

Are the One Bedroom Beach Front Suites first floor close to the beach at CSS ??

Quote Originally Posted by columbo View Post
    Are the One Bedroom Beach Front Suites first floor close to the beach at CSS ??
    I found this layout on flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffbri...7630194623828/

The Beach Front suites are in blocks A & B, but I believe the building has 3 floors. If you need a ground floor ask when you arrive. They usually try to accomodate you. They were going to give us a second floor room last year, which for me is fine, but my husband has COPD and the steps often times make him short of breath, so we asked for the first floor and "no problem mon". We also usually call for the van for a ride when he wants to go up to the top areas of the resort.
    Linda

Hi Rudi!
    Awesome job! The only penthouse missing is D20-Roger Moore Suite.

One Love,
    suzyQ

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    ... The only penthouse missing is D20-Roger Moore Suite. ...
    Thanks suzyQ. Actually I had for some reason put "D12" (which is not a PH) instead of "D20" - Have now edited the correction into the post above.

I still plan on putting the "map" of rooms with categories up here some day. Am looking for you and others to look it over to make sure I'm not misinforming.
    Some of the #'s I scribbled look wacko now (it was ~4:30 AM, in my defense). I know sometimes the order of room numbers is a bit unexpected (e.g. I believe the "3rd floor" of G goes G17 - 18 - 14 - 16 -13 -11). But I scratched D1, D2 as being on the same side of the "hallway" (I mean the center divide in D Block) as D12,11,10,9,8 which makes no sense. Do you know if D1, 2 are really on same side as D3,4,5,6,7 ?

OK, now I've read that some of the OBOS have larger balconies than others. Any thoughts on that? We'd REALLY like a larger balcony with a great view. Don't mind being "far away". We've been paying for this trip for a year and a half, so we really hope to get the most for our money, ya know??
    Thanx again for your help!

It's the luck of the draw on the balcony and view when you reserve a one bedroom ocean suite. D11 and D9 have teensy balconies with no view and just a tiny metal table and 2 metal chairs. No room to enjoy the balcony and you wouldn't want to cause no view except for foliage and it's not even a nice view of foliage. I've been lobbying to get these rooms re-classified since there is absolutely NO ocean view any way, shape or form in these two rooms. The word "ocean" should at least be removed from these two rooms description. However, the room itself is very nice... just disappointing when they say that every room has an ocean view, that is simply not true. The location (in block D) is nice, it's in the middle of everything. I just really wish CSS would change this room classification/category.

The OBOS in D block may have smaller balconies. We had the first one at the top of the stairs (1st floor not ground floor) and it had small balcony. I asked at the desk because I was expecting a large one, and they told me it was a OBOS. We decided to stay put rather than ask for a different room because the location was perfect.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Lindad View Post
    The Beach Front suites are in blocks A & B, but I believe the building has 3 floors. If you need a ground floor ask when you arrive. They usually try to accomodate you. They were going to give us a second floor room last year, which for me is fine, but my husband has COPD and the steps often times make him short of breath, so we asked for the first floor and "no problem mon". We also usually call for the van for a ride when he wants to go up to the top areas of the resort.
    Thanks, we always have done first floor at CN as I have had numerous knee, shoulder and back surgeries (another this November) and they always obliged so we will request the same when we arrive at CSS!

G Block - Hands Down! 2nd floor, near the beach!
    Lori Wildman
    SkinnyBodyWraps.com