Default Places to walk at CSS?

My wife and i are used to our morning walk of a couple of miles around Bloody Bay. We are trying CSS for the first time in October and were wondering if there was a comparable area to get a couple mile walk in?

thanks,

There is a walking/biking area around the pond behind the beachfront suites that would be perfect for your walks; however, if you should decide to book a room on the cliffs, you won't have to worry about getting exercise due to all the steps. It's a great way to start the day, walking down for breakfast in the mornings. We never gain weight when we stay at CSS for this reason, plus, the scenery is breathtaking. Plenty of area for walks all over the resort.

There are more than enough places to explore at CSS. And as far as the walk goes, the exercise will be enhanced by having to take steps. Just walk any path you find and explore the whole property. We have been 4 times with the 5th coming in December and I am not sure we have seen all nooks and crannies they have. Also, they have a paved path around the pond and Tennis courts that you can use. You will not lack for ideas of where to walk, just a hard decision as to rich route to take.
    Linda

Just go up and down the stairs a couple of times, you'll get a great workout. There isn't much in terms of beach walking at CSS, but you can walk into Ocho Rios. It'll take you about half an hour and a lot of it is downhill. Bring some money for a cab ride back if necessary. There are sidewalks the entire way, the people are friendly, and you'll get plenty of exercise.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Hi Parrot-

I am a walker, I awaken early, and start out from our room, we usually are in G or D block, and I head down to the pond and SSB, I will walk the beach (the beaches are not long like Negril), and then do laps around the pond/tennis court areas. I head over to the main beach, then back to our room. It is a good work out, you can also do many trails around the property, you can create how intense you want it. As many have mentioned, getting around requires walking, we try to get around doing different pathways, to check everything out. IMO, early mornings are the best part of the day

:-)

Linda

You can get plenty of exercise walking around the compound with all the stairs. There is a walking track by the pond on the way to Sunset Beach however it would probably take several laps to make a mile.

Hi Parrot,
    You can walk around the pond several times to get your 2 miles in. There are lots of beautiful areas at CSS to walk if you don't mind the stairs. If you want a flat walk--around the pond will be your best bet.

All the best!
    suzyQ

You can walk around the grounds but that will include a lot of stairs also. I know that the couples we go with walk around the pond and tennis courts in the morning. Not like walking Bloody Bay but a very pretty walk none the less. The pond and tennis courts are between the A Block of rooms and SSB.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
    My wife and i are used to our morning walk of a couple of miles around Bloody Bay. We are trying CSS for the first time in October and were wondering if there was a comparable area to get a couple mile walk in?

thanks,
    Our friends frequent CSS and went earlier in the year and brought us back lots of brochures, including a map of the area. It looks like there is a jogging track around the pond. When in October will y'all be there? We're going the 21-27th! Have a great trip!

There is actually a small pond on the property - between the room blocks and Sunset Beach - that you can walk around. But because this property is built into cliffs, you can get a really good walk in just meandering between the different blocks - it will really work your quads! I would guess maybe a 1/2 mile to a mile circle if you meander everywhere...so just do it twice if you want to get 2 miles in.
    Lori Wildman
    SkinnyBodyWraps.com

I read somewhere that the pond is about 1/3 mile once around. We are really interested in this answer as well! We are very active and I like some of that mixed in with our laying around, eating and drinking :-)

I read somewhere that the pond is about 1/3 mile once around. We are really interested in this answer as well! We are very active and I like some of that mixed in with our laying around, eating and drinking :-)

I'm going to tell you what everyone else seems to omit for some reason. Yes, there is a lovely running/walking path around the very picturesque pond at CSS. However, about 1/2 of the way around, you will be overcome by the stench of the sewage treatment facility for the resort. If you can hold your breath during that portion go for it. I ran four laps one day and it was all I could take. I took to the treadmills after that.

Thanks for the replies. We usually go for our walk then headed to breakfast. Are gym clothes sufficient for breakfast dining. Shorts and tank top for guys and bike short and bra top for girls?

Thanks,

Hi Parrot,
    I think I read in a previous post not to long ago that your tummy had to be covered at Palazzina during meal service. In 5 trips I haven't seen any women at breakfast in sports bra and bike shorts---that's not to say it hasn't happened of course. Just to be safe, your wife may want to also bring a tank top to go over her sports bra.

Have a great trip!
    suzyQ