Default First Time in Jamica and CN

We will be at CN in January of 2013, and are very excited. Any suggestions things to see or places to go while we are there?
    Thanks
    Donna

Hey Donna,
    Been to CN 4 times....deff. book the sunset catamaran when you first get there or soon afterwards (fills up quick). We try to go to MargaretaVille and Ricks Cafe. The resort usually has shuttles that bring you there on certian days/nights so chaek that out also when you get there. I headr that they are not going to Ricks for the sunset trips anymore but they go to somewhere else to see the great sunsets in Negril. Other then that we just do the vollyball and sunning thing. I am sure you will not be bored there unless you want to be.

Art & Bev

Hey Donna,
    Been to CN 4 times....deff. book the sunset catamaran when you first get there or soon afterwards (fills up quick). We try to go to MargaretaVille and Ricks Cafe. The resort usually has shuttles that bring you there on certian days/nights so chaek that out also when you get there. I headr that they are not going to Ricks for the sunset trips anymore but they go to somewhere else to see the great sunsets in Negril. Other then that we just do the vollyball and sunning thing. I am sure you will not be bored there unless you want to be.

Art & Bev

My wife and I will be at CN Jan 16-24. First time to Jamaica as well.

Here are a couple places for you to start your search for things to do in and around Negril:
    http://negril.com/index.htm

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum...9-Jamaica.html

Relax on every square inch of the beautiful beach, float all over the calm warm bay and taste all of the magnificent food that has been prepared for you by the top notch staff.

Hi had our 1st trip to jamica last march loved it stayed at swept away did trading places to cn . Try the an beach it was awsome . Do the catrman crusie lots of fun try the trading places for a day to swept away to see 7 mile beach.we are hoping to stay at cn in march let us know how youliked it brianandeilen

We will be there at the same time. It will be our 6th trip to CN. The best advice I can give you is to stay on the resort. Donít schedule any off-site excursions unless you're staying for more than 10 days. The resort has so much to offer and you have already paid for it, so use it. Definitely do the included excursions like glass bottom boat, snorkeling, scuba, catamaran cruise and so forth. Try the Hobie Cat sail boats. Remember, you're not staying at a hotel, but a beautiful resort. You wonít have time to do even half of the stuff they offer from morning nature walks to evening disco parties. You should walk down the beach to the right past the next resort, the new office of nature, the beach vendors and then to the original office of nature. It's a 2-3 mile round trip walk, with a lot of local flavor. Take a few bucks to the beach so you can tip the local beach musicians who wander by and play for you. They are great.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    ... and then to the original office of nature. It's a 2-3 mile round trip walk, with a lot of local flavor. ...
    Great suggestions, but expectation-setting-wise, note that the walk to the original Office Of Nature is not quite that far.

Starting from the beach straight out from the pool bar at CN, round trip to the original OON is 1.27 miles.
    One could add or subtract a bit by starting at CN farther away (Block 9/AN beach area) or closer (Block 5/Watersports hut area), but the distance wouldn't vary that much.

From the same spot at CN's beach to the fence at the far end of the farther RIU (the fence prohibits you from walking any further) is 1.1 miles, for a round trip of just over 2 miles.

(I have miles and miles of GPS trips at Bloody Bay on my Garmin watch).

We did the One Love Bus Bar Crawl on our last visit. It was a great time. The bus takes you from the resort up to half a dozen or so different bars in the Cliffs/West End area of Negril. They begin picking people up at the north end of Bloody Bay at around 2:00 PM on Wednesdays. You can flag them down along the Beach Road if you see them, but it is best to contact them ahead of time to arrange for a pickup. Call 876.874.6631 or email bananaznegril@hotmail.com. They make sure that you are at a bar overlooking the water at sunset. You will return to the resort after sunset with time to still get to dinner. Transportation is "free", but tip the driver. You do have to pay for drinks at the bars. It was a great way to see the "other side" of Negril up on the cliffs.

Here's a link to the Trip Advisor reviews.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...h_Jamaica.html
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Hey Donna, we found the trading places to be a very worth while trip. It is a free shuttle of about only 10 minutes or so, and you can check out CSA , lay on their beach , swim in their pool, and eat at their restaurants. It gives you a feel for that resort with out missing any beloved beach / lounge time. Also you can walk the beach from there and see lots, including margaritaville.
    We have seen all 4 couples resorts now, in only 2 trips.
    You will have to book it as soon as you can, choosing a mon./ wed. or friday.
    Also you need to be a member of romance rewards, which is also worthwile and very easy to do. You can sign up for free on this site, by clicking on... the talk/ FAQ/ then romance rewards at the very bottom. have fun :-)

Trading places was great. We spent about 3 hours at the other resort...enough to convince us that "our" resourt was best for us, paid 10 bucks for a cab back (rather than wait for a bus) and changed our reservation for our next stay back to "our" resort. (note: intentionally did not say which resort is "ours" to be polite...there is enough room for all here ).