Thread: Css vs cn

Default Css vs cn

Hi,
    My wife and I are interested in going to one of the couples resorts in July of this year. We are having trouble choosing between CSS and CN. Has anyone stayed in the Beachfront Suite at CN? It looks absolutely awesome! It doesn't seem like CSS has any rooms that are quite as nice as the beachfront suite.

We want to go to the AN area at night time and possibly at day time if we find we are comfortable. Which would be the better resort to do this at?

Thanks!

Can't answer the first part of your question as we haven't stayed in a beachfront suite at CN. CSS has some nice room categories (ourfavorite being the one bedroom suite). In our opinion CN is better to be able to enjoy the AN beach after dark (nothing like enjoying a late night visit to the jacuzzi). If you're fortunate enough to get a room in bldg. 9 you'll be right there.

We've been to both CN and CSS, and found the Au Naturel beach at CSS far superior: much larger, more private, has its own swimming pool, and they serve lunch there - so you can stay in the AN area all day. At CN the AN area is quite small, and clothed people (some gawkerish) walk back and forth in front of it all day.

Is AN acceptable at CSS in the evening?
    I assumed that SSB stopped being AN at sunset once the clothed guests were allowed entry.

Default CSS is still "the" AN area at CSS--regardless of the hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Benmoore5757 View Post
    Is AN acceptable at CSS in the evening?
    I assumed that SSB stopped being AN at sunset once the clothed guests were allowed entry.
    We have visited CN 8 times but CSS only once so I can only respond to our one occurance.
    Our only visit to CSS was two years after it was purchased from Super Clubs. (and get this---men had to wear a jacket to dinner)

But to answer your question, I'll give you our experience. Understand we spent 8 days on Sunset Beach with only a short visit one day to the main beach.
    One day there were about 10 couples enjoying the pool, sun, and drink. The time flew by and there was no announcement that the visiters were soon to arrive. There were maybe 2-3 couples that came over to view the sunset and not a moon. We were all in the water and noticed a clothed couple or two on the beach. In respect for them we all stayed in the pool and out of their view.
    I don't remember the pool bar posted hours but Roger was manning the drinks and he stayed there till about 6:00 for our enjoyment. We all showed respect for the clothed ones and they did the same for us in the pool.
    Never a problem or complaint.

I think for what you are looking for CSS fits your desires, CN is great been there many times but we are going to CSS this July for most reasons you have spoken about, we will miss the long beach walks though at CN and CSA.

Quote Originally Posted by columbo View Post
    I think for what you are looking for CSS fits your desires, CN is great been there many times but we are going to CSS this July for most reasons you have spoken about, we will miss the long beach walks though at CN and CSA.
    Hey Doc. Hope you and Spike are well. CSS is a beautiful property. We were there in 2002, the year before Couples bought it. True, there is no long beach walk but lots to explore and see on the property. I think it was a Playboy Club at one time. We loved CSS but the beach is a big selling point for us too so back to CN in Oct. Our 2014 trip will be a split. Five days at CN followed by five days at CSS.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Quote Originally Posted by mark527 View Post
    I think it was a Playboy Club at one time.
    No, the Playboy Club and Hotel was in Bosobel and closed in the 70s and reopened as a family resort in 1984. It is now Beaches Ocho Rios.

Quote Originally Posted by mark527 View Post
    Hey Doc. Hope you and Spike are well. CSS is a beautiful property. We were there in 2002, the year before Couples bought it. True, there is no long beach walk but lots to explore and see on the property. I think it was a Playboy Club at one time. We loved CSS but the beach is a big selling point for us too so back to CN in Oct. Our 2014 trip will be a split. Five days at CN followed by five days at CSS.
    Hey Mark, things are good here, hope all is on your end also! Took alot for me to pull away from CN but sometimes you have to venture out, it is hard though when something works so well as CN has for us.

css all the way

SSB does not stop being AN just because the clothed guests come over to watch the sunset... everyone who was already AN can stay that way...

Quote Originally Posted by RubiGal04 View Post
    SSB does not stop being AN just because the clothed guests come over to watch the sunset... everyone who was already AN can stay that way...
    Well, technically that is not true. SSB is only listed as AN from 9am to 5pm (one hour different in the winter). People treat it like 24/7 but technically it is not.

Two nights of the week, Tuesday and Friday I believe, they have parties at the SSB pool, after the main dinner events on the Main Beach. The last time we went was a blast because some of the main beach crowd, after quite a lot of alcohol, started getting curious about the AN experience and many on the crowd that night ended up in various stages of undress.

Hi srtaylor, As we've understood the rules as to SSB, at 5pm or 6pm depending on the time of year, SSB is available for clothed persons to come over to view the sunset, and those who are nude are not forced to dress......but just have to be aware that guests are no longer required to be nude be on SSB.

One Love!

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    Hi srtaylor, As we've understood the rules as to SSB, at 5pm or 6pm depending on the time of year, SSB is available for clothed persons to come over to view the sunset, and those who are nude are not forced to dress......but just have to be aware that guests are no longer required to be nude be on SSB.

One Love!
    SuzyQ, while I agree that is how it is treated and probably that is the way it is supposed to be interpreted (RandyMon?) but if you read the actual sign at the entrance to SSB that is definitely not what it says. It gives a hard and fast starting and ending hour for au natural use with no mention of clothing optional use. It does not says "Exclusive Au Natural Use during this time and Clothing Optional use permitted any time". It says "Au Natural Beach 9am to 5pm" (or whatever, sorry I don't have a picture handy).
    Last edited by srtaylor; March 5th, 2013 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    Two nights of the week, Tuesday and Friday I believe, they have parties at the SSB pool, after the main dinner events on the Main Beach. The last time we went was a blast because some of the main beach crowd, after quite a lot of alcohol, started getting curious about the AN experience and many on the crowd that night ended up in various stages of undress.
    This sounds like fun, maybe that is how it will be at the end of July during our stay!!!

After dark the SSB is empty.We went over for a pool and spa swim-although the hottub was not good.It needed to be replaced.We where there in April 2012.Maybe 1 other couple there as well.Workers walked thru but never said anything about us being there.
    Ive been to both and for AN SSB is by far my favorite.Food was better at negril tho

Mark I would like to know how to book 2 resorts as we have been to CSS twice and are going to CN this year but would to spend time at both resorts.

Do you book direct with Couples and then your own flights or can this be done through a tour company?

Default Hello newfbrit.

Quote Originally Posted by newfbrit View Post
    Mark I would like to know how to book 2 resorts as we have been to CSS twice and are going to CN this year but would to spend time at both resorts.

Do you book direct with Couples and then your own flights or can this be done through a tour company?
    You will love CN. We do. If you book through the resort they take care of everything including transfer and any problems are handled on the spot. In the past we used a Travel Agent. This time since we knew we were going so far ahead of time we booked the "7th night free" promotion direct through the resort(free night,$300 resort credit, cheap price)last March and we will book the flights a couple of months out. Did homework. Flights in Oct. out of Toronto are traditionally 80% full and about 15% cheaper than booking now. We will use a T.A. for our flights as most T.A.s will match the best price you find on the net. We have already discussed our plans with T.A. and will book with a phone call when we find the price we want. The whole thing so far has been quick and painless. If there are no problems we will do this from now on. Preparing to book Oct. 2014 split between CN and CSS right now(free night at each resort,$300 resort credit at each resort, cheap price at each resort). Yeh Mon, eh.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Thanks Mark next year we wil try booking direct with resort for sure but was not able to find same price as through a tour company this year as it was more expensive direct with resort even with discounts that were available at time of booking.

Our issue maybe cost of flights from Atlantic Canada as prices are so much better from Toronto.