Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thanks for taking care of us.
    Irie Mon

Great news! We will be there at the end of October. We were at CN last year and our only hesitation with booking at CTI was the lack of a catamaran. Thanks again for making Couples the best all-inclusive around!

YEA!!!!! One of our favorite inclusions! Can't wait til next October!

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    They can't bring a cat into CSS because of the reef.
    Awesome Randymon!!! True, Vickyj, but they could ferry people out with the glass bottom boat to the cat or bus those from CSS over to CTI, on off days, so they could do the cat cruise. What do you say, Randymon???

thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO glad to hear this ! Smart move by Couples, for sure!
    Can't wait to experience our 3rd time back at CTI in April !

Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    Awesome Randymon!!! True, Vickyj, but they could ferry people out with the glass bottom boat to the cat or bus those from CSS over to CTI, on off days, so they could do the cat cruise. What do you say, Randymon???
    This sounds like a FABULOUS idea!!! Please Randymon! That's perhaps the only reservation I have about CSS....I'd love that cat cruise!

I read in a Caribbean Magazine that in Jamaica you can take a private Catamaran sunset cruise and dinner for 2. Is this something that CTI may offer to their guests for a fee (like the private dinner on the beach). I would love to do this.

THANK YOU! We were disappointed when we found out that the Cat Cruise was discontinued...so looking forward to our first Couples trip (to CTI) in April!

Quote Originally Posted by Canadude View Post
    That's awesome! We'll be at CTI in March 2013. The Cat Cruise will be a welcome addition... can't wait!!!
    Hope it lasts til March '13, too!! We're heading there then as well.

C'mon Couples, those of us who just can't leave CSS are the only ones in the family with Excursion Exclusion! If we bus to Dunn's, why can't we bus to CTI for a cat cruise?! Frankly, I would pay extra to be able to use a Couples controlled cat service versus a private vendor. Maybe I am biased, but perhaps it could be scheduled as a Couples Rewards perk to Resort visits or even just permit exchange visitors from CSS to check for availability on the boat.
    You all are so good at bringing the Couples Family of resorts together and coordinating amazingly well, I KNOW y'all could make it work!

Excellent! What is the CAT schedule? IE: If you do the day away from CSS, do you have time to do the CAT cruise and still catch the shuttle back to CSS?

Previously the Cat cruise went out at 3-3:30 PM. With Trading Places you turn into a pumpkin at 4 PM and have to go back to your resort. This would keep those visiting CTI from CSS from doing both in one day. In addition, like all resort excursions, they typically only apply to guests of that resort, not those visiting using the Trading Places visit.

We agree with Kiki23 that CSS is now the only Couples Resort without a Cat cruise. Not that going to CSS is punishment, but adding a Cat cruise, even with a nominal fee, would even the odds.

Hey Randymon, how about an official ruling?

Thanks!!

Bart & Bug

Quote Originally Posted by kiki23 View Post
    C'mon Couples, those of us who just can't leave CSS are the only ones in the family with Excursion Exclusion! If we bus to Dunn's, why can't we bus to CTI for a cat cruise?! Frankly, I would pay extra to be able to use a Couples controlled cat service versus a private vendor. Maybe I am biased, but perhaps it could be scheduled as a Couples Rewards perk to Resort visits or even just permit exchange visitors from CSS to check for availability on the boat.
    You all are so good at bringing the Couples Family of resorts together and coordinating amazingly well, I KNOW y'all could make it work!
    I really wish this would be addressed.....is it possible to shuttle to this from CSS as well? We are going to CSS in April and this inclusion would make it that much better!

We were on the first sailing on Monday morning. Great trip.

Greetings: We cannot provide a complimentary Catamaran cruise at CSS due to surrounding reefs. We would not shuttle CSS guest to CTI to take the cruise because of it's popularity. If you want an cruise included you must stay at CTI.

That said, we could offer an optional CAT cruise through a company in Ocho Rios. Bart and Bug: what in your mind is a nominal charge? You may be surprised by the high cost.

Couples Resorts

randymon... Is a Cat cruise something that could be added at the tour desk as an optional excursion? I have no idea what these companies charge for this. I guess it would depend on the price whether anyone wanted to pay the additional money. If you tell us the price, everyone could give you more insight into whether we'd pay it. We love CSS but always miss the Cat Cruise. That's one of the reasons we go to CN every other year. And it would depend on our finances the year we go to CSS whether we would be able to spend the extra money.

Well the good news is that we are splitting our vacation this year between CTI and CSS (7 & 7). So we will have to do 2 cruises at CTI before we go to CSS.
    But if Couples works out a deal to have cruises at CSS, we will particapate in that too. The more the marrier.

Hi Randymon,

Thanks for giving an official response. Sorry to hear that. We know that towards the end of the previous Cat contract CTI was taking guests over to another resort to catch the Cat cruise, so obviously transportation is not a big issue. A "nominal charge" would be something that would offset the cost of getting people from CSS to CTI and back, which shouldn't be all that expensive, and providing for the crew of the Cat, which I believe you said Couples bought. What that would be would be entirely up to Couples...but I'm thinking it should be less than what it would cost to go through a company in Ocho Rios. I'm thinking enough to cover operating expenses and crew for the duration of the cuise. After all...Couples is trying to draw people to CSS not Ocho Rios. Just thinking it could be a good marketing tool.

Anyhow...just throwing out ideas to help make Couples better than it already is. Not complaing but just trying to help.

Thanks for the consideration,

Bart & Bug

We went on one of the first Cat Cruises. It was great. I was told couples owns the boat, it is just beautiful!!! The staff is so nice and fun. We took some beautiful pictures on the boat and at sunset. Also the cove where you can jump off and swin is so crystal clear!!! Couples made us have a vacation of a life time. Thank you so so much to the resort and staff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Greetings: We cannot provide a complimentary Catamaran cruise at CSS due to surrounding reefs. We would not shuttle CSS guest to CTI to take the cruise because of it's popularity. If you want an cruise included you must stay at CTI.

That said, we could offer an optional CAT cruise through a company in Ocho Rios. Bart and Bug: what in your mind is a nominal charge? You may be surprised by the high cost.

If the only reason for no CAT cruise at CSS is due to surrounding reefs, why would it be an issue to shuttle CSS guests to CTI? Maybe you can run a weekly CAT cruise for only CSS guests. And if the numbers are too large from CSS, you can offer just it to repeaters. Your statement seems to infer that there would be a CAT cruise at CSS if the waters would accommodate it. That means the financial commitment is there. I would imagine the cost of fuel used to shuttle guests from CSS to CTI is less expensive than taking the CAT to pick up CSS guests. Randymon, thank you for taking the time to read and give my post some thought. My post is not said with any anger or negativity. It's just an idea and 'ya never know!! Thanks!!

Which days does the cat run and what time? How long is the trip and what do they do now?

This cat cruise is a must do the most romantic and fun time. Name:  431725_4653262176797_999942260_n.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  41.0 KBName:  269985_4653258776712_1981364159_n.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  63.8 KB

Took the Cool Jazz catamaran trip yesterday and had a lot of fun! The crew did an amazing job keeping the Rum Punch flowing and atmosphere lively! All on board had a Great time!

Looking forward to the Cat Cruise, we'll be at CTI 02/25/13!!!!!!!!!! Certainly not soon enough!!

What week days does the CTI catamaran cruise run? (we'll be there Wed. Jan. 9-Wed. Jan 16 2013)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast