Thread: Which Resort?

Default Which Resort?

Hello ---

My wife and I (early 30's) want to travel to one of the Couples resorts during March of 2013, but can't decide which resort to stay at. We both enjoy nude sunbathing and aren't overall concerned with having privacy while laying on the beach nude. And we also like to have other activities (not nude) such as snorkeling.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

CSS, CTI and CN have nude sunbathing so that would kind of rule out CSA. Most other activities are the same between all Couples resorts. CSS and CTI offer excursions to Dunn's River Falls and CN and CSA offer the catamaran cruise. Please give more details of what you're looking for to allow those on the message board to help let you know which resort has what you'd want.

Thanks Bart and Bug!

The only other activities would be the ability to play golf once or twice, snorkel and layout in the sun naked! Plus we like comfortable beds, nice big showers and a wider selection of food. My wife is picky and would lean towards Italian or American food whereas I would love Jerk Chicken.

I don't have anything to compare, but I'd say you can't go wrong with CSS!!!
    Can't Wait to Get Back!!!

Since you like nude sunbathing, that limits you to CTI, CSS or CN. There are two advantages to CN over CTI or CSS that I'm aware of. (I'm sure there are advantages at CTI and CSS but I may be slanted in my opinion.)

First advantage, CN is on the west side of the island, on the "7 mile" beach. The beach is great for going on a long walk. (clothed)

Second, the Au Natural section is open 24/7. No boat necessary to take you to the Island, No bunch of clothed people coming at 5:00 to see the sunset. You can be on the beach from sundown to sunup or vise versa. (This is the main selling point to me.)

What ever couples you choose, I'm sure you will have a great time. The staff is great as are 99.99% of the guests.

If you want to lay on the beach naked, that would rule out CTI. Food and golf are fine at CSS or CTI. Both resorts have free snorkeling out to the same spots. CSS has better facilities for AN, but CTI has the Island, which is unique. If you're at CTI or CSS, you could spend a day at the other resort as well. So I'd say go for CSS, and hit the Island for a day at CTI.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelOften View Post
    Thanks Bart and Bug!

The only other activities would be the ability to play golf once or twice, snorkel and layout in the sun naked! Plus we like comfortable beds, nice big showers and a wider selection of food. My wife is picky and would lean towards Italian or American food whereas I would love Jerk Chicken.
    You're welcome! All have golf nearby, snorkeling, comfortable beds and only CSA doesn't have a place to layout in the sun naked. Of what's left CTI has 4 restaurants, CSS has 3 and CN has 4. CTI is a smaller property with a smaller beach (with AN on the island). CSS is built on cliffs with lots of tropical vegitation and 2 nice beaches. CN has the best beach with soft, white sand and clear water. From our experiences CSS and CTI seem to have bigger showers (depending on room category) although we've only stayed in a deluxe ocean at CN so maybe other rooms have bigger showers. Hope this helps with your decision!!

Same with alb74, have only been to CSS, but it was wonderful. Just booked for Feb. 2013 this morning!
    Though the idea of the 24/7 AN sounds like it could draw people there.

Can't speak to the other resorts, but we were at CN in March of 2012. We are early 50's and it was our first AN experience. A little nervous the first day, but went straight to the beach the first full day. I can say we enjoyed it so much that we spent everyday on the AN beach. The company on the beach was nice and respectfull. The beach and water is super close and could just walk out and enjoy the water. This resort is top notch. Once the beach bar opened, the bar tender would bring around cool damp towels and take our drink order. Some of the bartenders don't put give you the red flags for the drinks, but some do. We enjoyed walking the beach in the mornings before beach time. The food was fantastic, staff very polite and attentive, very clean rooms. Can't say enough good things about our trip!! Going back March 9-16 2013.

Default AN at CN, CTI and CSS

My wife and I have been to both Couples Negril and Couples San Souci. By far my vote is for CSS. They have more privacy, pool with swim-up bar, food, and mostly private beach without people from neighboring resorts walking by or locals trying to sell you something. It's a short walk within the resort to get to. Like all the resorts, the staff is always friendly!

CTI requires a short boat ride to get to the AN island and has a pool with bar but no food or beach area - I think the island is small compared to CSS AN area. At CN, there is no pool and no food. It faces the beach and borders a neighboring resort non-AN area on one side and CN's main beach to the other. CSA... well, no AN.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by TravelOften View Post
    Hello ---

My wife and I (early 30's) want to travel to one of the Couples resorts during March of 2013, but can't decide which resort to stay at. We both enjoy nude sunbathing and aren't overall concerned with having privacy while laying on the beach nude. And we also like to have other activities (not nude) such as snorkeling.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Well for my 2 cents...
    CSS is very romantic, the flowers and trees are beautifull, just be ready to climb a lot of stairs. The AN is seperate from the main beach, you have to walk a short distance along a private road to get to it. They have food, drink and hot tub, pool, vball net (watch out for the rocks in the sand). Fairly private...the water are is a bit rocky so wear foot covering.
    CTI is cool, you have to take a boat out to the AN island....drinks, food...not sure about a hot tub. Watch out for boaters that like peeping...lol...Get there early or you end up on a rock.
    CN (our favorite) AN is close to the regular beach separated by a fence/trees. The beach sand is great there....grab a floaty and float naked for hours. Hot tub and drinks....sometimes food. Great sun in Nov/Dec when we are going there. Sometimes you get lookers walking on the public beach.....never bothered us.

Hope this helps a little

Art & Bev

I just got back from CN four days ago and spent at least part of every day on the A/N beach. It's truly lovely. The beach is wonderful, the water is superb, and while there were people "peeking" from the neighboring resort (and from the textile side of CN, too!) it didn't bother me a bit. My husband and I figured that they really wanted to come over to the A/N side but just didn't have the courage to do it. Too bad - sunbathing nude is the best!

I haven't been to CSS yet (just booked my trip there for next September) but I have been to CTI. I liked CTI but, as somebody else said in a previous post, there are a limited number of loungers on the island. I was always afraid that I would not get a lounger when I was at CTI but never had that concern at CN. My opinion is that the A/N area is better at CN than CTI because of the wide beach and warm, gentle water. However, the crowd does seem to be a little livelier on the island at CTI and there is definitely more socializing at CTI than on the A/N beach at CN. So it will depend on what's important to you when going A/N. My husband and I like to chill just the two of us without a lot of socializing, so for us the A/N beach at CN was perfect!