Default CSA Excursions - Rating by Guests

Greetings! My wife and I have booked CSA for 9-27 to 10-4 for our anniversary trip this year. We have been reading lots of reviews and information about CSA and Negril, Jamaica. We are curious about the experience that others have had with the complimentary excursions.
    If you have stayed at CSA before, would you mind responding with a 1 to 5 star rating for any of these excursions that you experienced?

CSA Complimentary Excursions:
    1. Trip to Sunset Bar
    2. Glass Bottom Boat
    3. Sunset Cruise
    4. Trip to Margaritaville
    5. Shopping Shuttle

Trip to Sunset Bar - Have not done
    Glass Bottom Boat - Fun and beautiful water
    Sunset Cruise - Ultra Fun
    Trip to Margaritaville - Don't waste your time
    Shopping Shuttle - Not for us, watch out for vendors putting items in your hand and then not taking it back saying you bought it now pay me.

Quote Originally Posted by landsteven View Post
    Greetings! My wife and I have booked CSA for 9-27 to 10-4 for our anniversary trip this year. We have been reading lots of reviews and information about CSA and Negril, Jamaica. We are curious about the experience that others have had with the complimentary excursions.
    If you have stayed at CSA before, would you mind responding with a 1 to 5 star rating for any of these excursions that you experienced?

CSA Complimentary Excursions:
    1. Trip to Sunset Bar
    2. Glass Bottom Boat
    3. Sunset Cruise
    4. Trip to Margaritaville
    5. Shopping Shuttle

My husband and I were there in October 2013.
    Trip to Sunset Bar - we didn't do
    Glass Bottom Boat - we didn't do
    Sunset Cruise - AMAZING
    Trip to Margaritaville - we went for the experience and gifts but didn't enjoy the prices of food and drinks. Needless to say it was a quick trip but that's to be expected with the name.
    Shopping shuttle - I enjoyed it while my husband did not. It allowed me to get gifts for family and friends at a reasonable price.

Trip to Sunset Bar - 0 Never did. No interest
    Glass Bottom Boat - 0 Never did but looks like fun
    Sunset Cruise - 5 Assuming this is catamaran. If so, fun time. You will return after sun goes down. If you are type to get cold make note
    Trip to Margaritaville - 0 Never did. Walked past it with a Couples drink in my hand a bunch of times but no interest to go in.
    Shopping Shuttle - 2 Did it the first time. Glad I did. Never did on 4 subsequent trips. Buy stuff at MBJ on way out. But go once to see Negril.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearso View Post
    Trip to Sunset Bar - Have not done
    Glass Bottom Boat - Fun and beautiful water
    Sunset Cruise - Ultra Fun
    Trip to Margaritaville - Don't waste your time
    Shopping Shuttle - Not for us, watch out for vendors putting items in your hand and then not taking it back saying you bought it now pay me.
    Pretty much!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Catamaran cruise returns just BEFORE sunset.

Sunset Bar - Never Done
    Glass Bottom Boat - Fun, great views of the underwater life
    Sunset Cruise - Fantastic
    Margaritaville - Walkable down the beach (15 min), interesting sights along the way but not worth eating or drinking there.
    Shopping Shuttle - Never done, we just shop at the places down the beach from CSA.

1. Trip to sunset bar-3. It was to the Pushcart which is above the caves where you swim from the catamaran. We did it last year. Beautiful sunset, drinks and food were expensive. One of those did it and done it.
    2. Glass Bottom Boat-5. Recommend it at least once. Other then the underwater things you get to see you get a tour of the island from the water. They show you all the other resorts and where the Issa family lives. Well worth the time.
    3. Sunset Cruise-5. Great time. We always do it at least once, last year we did it twice. Don't get discouraged if it starts to rain. It will clear up. Try jumping off the side of the boat or even the slide. Great rum punch on board. Grab a plastic garbage bag from watersports or somewhere to keep your towels dry, especially if it is raining.
    4. Margaritaville-3. They come on to the resort and gave a class about making margaritas, gave away prizes, and wrist band for free entrances. Drinks are expensive, didn't eat any food while there, bought some souvenirs, didn't really participate in any of the games they were doing, rode the first shuttle home. Again, one of those did it, done it, probably wont do it again.
    5. Shopping Shuttle-3. I think this depends on your idea of shopping. The first year we went with the resort tour shopping shuttle, we were the only ones on the trip, we went to the out door market. It was okay but, I have heard people complain about them being pushing on customers. They are all trying to make money to support themselves and their families. Most of them sell the same things so it is hard for them to make money if you don't come into their little shop. It is equivalent to a flea market type place in the states. We then went to Times Square, this is an actual mall type place. Things are a bit more expensive here then the flea market area. Again they all pretty much sell the same stuff just that it costs more. It is duty free, you can get coffee, alcohol, tshirts, jewelry, wooden figurines to name a few items. This past year we went shopping with a local lady that we made friends with and she took us to a shop that was nice, had pretty much the same stuff. But them we went to a super market and was able to buy some Graces Hot Sauce, which we will do again this year. We have not walked the beach to see the vendors that are selling but I would imagine it is pretty much the same stuff. Remember that their are different vendors that come onto the resort on different days to sell. So you actually don't have to leave the resort to buy souvenirs.

Be sure to look at the watersports and other activities that available on the resort, the entertainment crew does an amazing job at there being something for everyone. Bead making classes, basket weaving, martini making, Jamaican food cooking, etc.

Have a great time!!!

Ya Mon
    CSA 2012, 2013

Thanks for sharing your personal experiences with these included excursions!

We will deffinitely sign up for the Sunset Cruise and the Glass Bottom Boat excursions. Of course, we had already planned to do some snorkeling. Now we are interested to find out more about the Trip to Sunset Bar. We are trying to take it easy on this trip and relax. So, we are thinking of doing a maximum of one excursion a day and leave a couple of days free with no planned excursions.

Quote Originally Posted by landsteven View Post
    Thanks for sharing your personal experiences with these included excursions!

We will deffinitely sign up for the Sunset Cruise and the Glass Bottom Boat excursions. Of course, we had already planned to do some snorkeling. Now we are interested to find out more about the Trip to Sunset Bar. We are trying to take it easy on this trip and relax. So, we are thinking of doing a maximum of one excursion a day and leave a couple of days free with no planned excursions.
    Perfect!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011