Thread: Jeans & CSA ???

Hybrid View

Default Jeans & CSA ???

I'm a little confused about the dress code! Every other AI we've been to, my husband has always been able to wear really nice jeans ("pants"), closed toed shoes and a nice shirt - is that acceptable at CSA? Thanks!

Don't be confused; you need dress pants, as stated in the dress code. Khakis will work fine.

Edit: For the nice restaurant(s) that is:
    http://couples.com/swept-away/restaurants-bars.php
    Last edited by KrisJamie; October 1st, 2012 at 02:02 PM.

He'll roast his butt off in jeans, but nice kacki pants or dress shorts are the norm. You're right on with the shirts & shoes part.

It is vacation leave the jeans (and especially Jorts) at home. Wear a pair of casual twill pants or even better get some beach trousers. So much more comfy.

Quote Originally Posted by IACouple View Post
    It is vacation leave the jeans (and especially Jorts) at home.
    I'm bringing the ironic pair, and two "real" pairs. I'm leaving my twill pants at home with my suspenders and penny loafers.

Thank you all for your responses! I'm sure he'll still pack a pair. For someone in his 20's who has to wear suits every day, it is a vacation to wear a pair of jeans. ;o) We'll be sure to pack some khakis and his dress pants, though.

Thanks again!

I am usually completely unaware of what other people wear to dinner when at Couples, and unlike some I am perfectly happy to let the Couples staff decide what they will allow on a given night. Since I know the dress code stated on the website, and since my wife and I enjoy dressing up for dinner it's not an issue for us in general.
    Having said that, I think the jeans would be way to hot for me to wear in Jamaica even if they were allowed at dinner. I would suggest something cool and lightweight butsomething that meets the dress codes listed for each restaurant at each resort.
    Some people are the 'self appointed guardians of all rules" at Couples and will probably complain if you don't dress according to the stated rules. Others of us figure that that situation is between you and the resorts staff and would never nitice what you were wearing. My wife loves dressing up for dinner and I like making her happy so.... there ya go!
    Respect and good travels -

We just returned home from CSA and I could not believe the amount of people in jeans!!! For us personally it was way to HOT to be in jeans, but people were wearing them all the time. It was definatly a much younger crowd than when we usually go in Jan/Feb, so that might explain it...I don't know. We do not pack jeans as my husband wears dress shorts to dinner with a nice shirt except for Feathers when he wears khakis, but thats just us.

Only Jamaicans have what it takes to wear jeans in Jamaica for any appreciable length of time. The rest of us are just kidding ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff542 View Post
    Only Jamaicans have what it takes to wear jeans in Jamaica for any appreciable length of time. The rest of us are just kidding ourselves.
    LOVE (and echo) this response!! Leave the jeans at home!

Heat is relative to where you live.

I live along the Texas gulf coast and wear jeans year round and it doesn't bother me. Temps in August average from 95-105 degrees with high humid air coming off the gulf. They are a must with the work I do. No shorts.

For us, Jamaica is a cool down in the summer months. Jeans in Jamaica..... no problem.

CSA Aug. 2011, July 2012, July 2013, July 2014
    CSS Aug. 2011, Aug. 2014

We also just got back from CSA and saw a lot of people in jeans this trip, I don't recall seeing as many in previous trips... Honestly a pair of linen pants and a polo was my dinner attire most every night and was never questioned by staff or uncomfortable due to the weather at all!! Enjoy!!!

Our last trip this past April we talked to another couple who did not get to eat at either of the top restaurants at CSA because the husband did not bring proper pants and shoes. If you are planning to wear the jeans to dinner at either of these places...DON'T...I repeat, don't plan on getting in with jeans. It is not the cost of the pants but the style. This is after all a RESORT and just like in a fancy city restaurant you should dress accordingly. There are very few requirements at Couples so please be respectful of them. I personally don't know why anyone would take jeans to Jamaica other than to maybe horseback ride in.

I'm sorry, but we just returned from CSA, and I have to say, we were both VERY disappointed at the lack of respect for the dress code. I was SHOCKED at the number of men in cargo shorts, t-shirts, and baseball hats. Honestly, I'd say a pair of nice jeans and nice polo / button down shirt would be MUCH more appropriate than the junk that many men were wearing. That's one major difference we found between AI's in Mexico VS Couples resorts.....at the AI's in Mexico, most was dressed very chic for dinner and cocktails at night, which we like to do also, however at couples I think we were somewhat in the minority, which was a bummer. I guess I just figure when you spend a few thousand dollars on a vacation, you would try to look nice when going out at night. My husband was actually the one to point out all of the sloppy guys at couples. It was a little weird. I say if he has a hot pair of jeans, go for it. They will surely look better than some of the shorts we saw all week.
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by killafee View Post
    I'm sorry, but we just returned from CSA, and I have to say, we were both VERY disappointed at the lack of respect for the dress code. I was SHOCKED at the number of men in cargo shorts, t-shirts, and baseball hats. Honestly, I'd say a pair of nice jeans and nice polo / button down shirt would be MUCH more appropriate than the junk that many men were wearing. That's one major difference we found between AI's in Mexico VS Couples resorts.....at the AI's in Mexico, most was dressed very chic for dinner and cocktails at night, which we like to do also, however at couples I think we were somewhat in the minority, which was a bummer. I guess I just figure when you spend a few thousand dollars on a vacation, you would try to look nice when going out at night. My husband was actually the one to point out all of the sloppy guys at couples. It was a little weird. I say if he has a hot pair of jeans, go for it. They will surely look better than some of the shorts we saw all week.
    Laura
    To be clear here, this wasn't in Feathers, right? You just object to this look in general in the evening. The way I see it this is one of those opinion things. I've seen plenty of men that look good in cargo shorts and T shirts or Camp shirts, much better than ill fitting dress clothes. Frankly I don't dress for other people, I follow the requested codes, and wear what I feel comfortable in. Life is too short to worry about minor things, it's your vacation, relax.
    Last edited by ORV; October 8th, 2012 at 05:18 PM.

Palms - dinner in shorts of any kind and a collared shirt is fine. Most men where nice sandals, but there's a lot of men in sneakers as well.
    Patois - dinner will find men in khakis or nice shorts and a collared shirt.
    Lemongrass - dinner is the same dress as Patois. Sandals are fine.
    Feathers - dress fancy.

I highly recommend you go to Feathers at least once, just so you know what it's like. I've there maybe three times out of 20+ trips to CSA. For me, it's not worth the extra pair of shoes. Lemongrass is superb. We eat there at least once, sometimes twice a trip. Patois is okay, but we're much more casual than that while we're at Couples. You can't beat the variety at the Palms and there's always a cool breeze. Truthfully, the best food on the property is the Beach Grill. Throw in the soft ice cream machine and some ginger crackers, pour me an Overproof and Ting, and I'm a happy camper!
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

We were also at CSA last week (9/25-10-1) and there were a lot of jeans. It didn't bother me though. I was less worried about what others were wearing. I didn't pay much attention. We dressed it up some when we went to Feathers or Lemongrass. But we were pretty casual when we went to the Palms for dinner. I wore casual sundresses, my husband wore cargo shorts or khakis and a polo. We both left the jeans at home though. This was our first Couples trip so I do not have anything to compare it to.

Guess I'm a glutton for punishment... I took a little heat with some indirect comments from the "Fashion Police" a while back on another thread for mentioning this but I've worn jeans twice to Feathers and once to Cassanova and had no problems.

Now mind you, they are brand new and JET BLACK . Also, they are not washed out or show any signs of fading in any way. In the evenings low light, you can not tell them from dress pamts , Khakis or Dickies. Worn with a black long sleeve dress shirt and black boots with a late dinner reservation, no one has ever noticed.
    Not saying it's right or wrong or advising anyone to buck the system but just that it "can be done" tastefully and low key.

Personally, I'm not there to critique what anyone else is wearing or doing. I agree with one of the previous posters, that it is between the guest and management if not dressed nice enough. But also think cargo shorts, t-shirts, sandals and things of that nature would be taking it a little to far. We are talkng within reason here. I just want to go enjoy some good food and the company of my wife and any new friends we might have made. Why get all worked up about someone else.

CSA Aug. 2011, July 2012, July 2013, July 2014
    CSS Aug. 2011, Aug. 2014

Why is it that people have such a hard time following the recomended dress of the resort? It then becomes an issue of how far you can push the limits and what is acceptable to this person or that. Take some fricking nice pants to wear to the fancy resturant. Or do away with the recomended dress attire and everyone can eat in their swimsuits and yoga pants.

I just have to say I love to dress up one or two nights while I am at Couples. I do not worry about what others are wearing. Every night you will see people who are more dressed up or others who are not. To each his own.