Hybrid View

Default Does SSB get crowded in September?

Hi all,

I just returned from my first vacation to CN and I loved the AN area there! We have previously stayed at CTI and enjoyed the island. Now, I am in the process of booking next year's vacation and we have decided to go to CSS. I've been doing my research on CSS, f which included reading reviews on TripAdvisor. A few reviewers on TA stated that you must put your "stuff" out on a lounger on the beach before 8:00 am before going off to breakfast or the gym or back to bed, because if you wait until 10:00 am, when you actually want to use a lounger, none will be available. I really don't like doing things this way.

Which brings me to my question: How crowded does the SSB area get during September? I know that's the slow season and I also know from experience that, in general, nude beaches are less crowded than textile beaches. So I'm hoping that when my husband and I go over to SSB at around 10:00 or 11:00 am we will still be able to find at least two available pool or beach loungers. Can those of you who have been to CSS - SSB at that time of year tell me if I'm hoping in vain? How crowded does SSB get at that time of year?

Quote Originally Posted by CA_girl_in_TX View Post
    Hi all,

I just returned from my first vacation to CN and I loved the AN area there! We have previously stayed at CTI and enjoyed the island. Now, I am in the process of booking next year's vacation and we have decided to go to CSS. I've been doing my research on CSS, f which included reading reviews on TripAdvisor. A few reviewers on TA stated that you must put your "stuff" out on a lounger on the beach before 8:00 am before going off to breakfast or the gym or back to bed, because if you wait until 10:00 am, when you actually want to use a lounger, none will be available. I really don't like doing things this way.

Which brings me to my question: How crowded does the SSB area get during September? I know that's the slow season and I also know from experience that, in general, nude beaches are less crowded than textile beaches. So I'm hoping that when my husband and I go over to SSB at around 10:00 or 11:00 am we will still be able to find at least two available pool or beach loungers. Can those of you who have been to CSS - SSB at that time of year tell me if I'm hoping in vain? How crowded does SSB get at that time of year?
    Pretty sure this will not be an issue.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

We have gone to CSS for the last week of September for the past 4 years (except this year that we had to unfortunately miss) because that's one of the lowest occupancy weeks of the year. You shouldn't have a problem getting chairs at either beach around this time of year. On SSB by around noon the poolside spots might start to get low, but I don't think I've ever seen all the chairs in use up there, and there are always tons of chairs available on the beach. The weather is occasionally not that great in September, but that's a chance you take traveling during hurricane season. 2 years ago a tropical storm sat over the entire country for the whole week were there dumping tons of rain. That was probably our most memorable trip though because there was a really great group of people at SSB that week we spent the week talking with. Put a bunch of naked people under the pool bar umbrella with nothing else to do but drink and you're bound to have a good time!

As you probably already know, if there are no loungers available then one of the beach guys will get them for you. No problem! You are gonna love SSB.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_girl_in_TX View Post
    Hi all,

We were there from 8/28 - 9/4 every day & didn't arrive until 10 or 11ish & NEVER EVER had a problem...you will be fine...there were lots of empty loungers

Just got back and there was plenty of room.

On our first visit over Christmas there was never a problem getting a bed though the loungers by the pool did fill up quickly.

On a subsequent visit in February there was a lot of early "bed blocking". We are early risers so would be down at the beach betwen 7.30 and 8an and were surprised at the number of beds with towels on.

However it was always possible to find a bed.

Thanks so much to everyone who has replied so far. I feel greatly relieved! And thanks, Murtle, for your reply because I did not know that a "beach guy" will get a lounger for me if they are all taken. Another reason to love Couples! It sounds like even rainy weather doesn't stop the fun! I'm really looking forward to my time on the SSB beach/pool area even more, now!

CA Girl, my wife and I first went to CSS in October. There were plenty of loungers available. Vis a vis the weather, it may well be cloudy but I can assure you that it is still hot enough and despite the clouds you will still tan. We laid out for two whole weeks on SSB in what was almost continually cloudy skies. Somehow it didn't really matter and we had a fantastic holiday. Our memories of SSB are precious and we returned the following year for another fortnight. This year we are off to Turkey and have taken a villa at the top of a hill overlooking the Lycian sea, its own infinity pool and jacuzzi on the terrace. I cant imagine clothes will form part of our holiday very much although we may have to put something on for dinner in the local fishing village. I don't think Turkey is ready for naked dining yet!! He he.

Next year I am hoping a return to Couples. You will love CSS and SSB.

Couples rocks!