Default San Souci or ? ... help me choose please :)

Hi everyone,
    I have been a lurker for forever. My wife and I have been talking about going to a couples resort for over a year now and now I'm getting ready to book for Sept 2013 for our 15 year anniversary. We are crazy excited! Two kids and busy lives and we're looking forward to spending a week all about us and nothing else.
    So help me decide (I know there are threads about this all the time, but I know ya'll are nice and will chime in). A friend has been to SS and it is very appealing because it sounds the most intimate, and romantic. I've read a bunch about it and plan to reserve a PH suite. But just in case I like to make sure I've done my research, so if you consider what we're looking for what would you veterans say?
    - We most want the ability to find some quiet ... not "dead" but just like being able to find a spot and relax with each other.
    - Having said that we do like some night life. A little dancing and staying up "late" for once would be really nice. It's been years...
    - We're both regular "exercisers" (like to road and mountain bike) and I like to get something in daily. Would like decent gym facilities.
    - Really like quality food that I can enjoy and savor. We're foodies and believe that the dining should be an experience as well. Certainly want variety.
    - Of course we're there for some sun and beach and pool and playing in the water on kayaks etc ...

I've read a little about the other Couples resorts and maybe CTI is better for the nightlife, there are better beaches than SS and if you're wanting to keep training for that next event SA is the ticket. But my impression of SS is that it aligns best with our first desire in the list, which is why I'm leaning towards it.

Thanks for reading

We love CSS and have not gone anywhere else. You will get all types of comments on which is best. The best advice is to go with your gut. If CSS is what you are continually going back to - book it. If after checking each one out, and looking at the pictures etc, you seem to keep going back to one of the others, go with that one. Although you can't go wrong with any of the Couples resorts.
    Linda

From your wish list, you might as well flip a coin a few times. You will be happy at any of the four Couples resorts. CSS, however does have a 1/3 mile track and bicycles you can borrow anytime, so maybe you should stick with that.

[
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Thanks everyone, been researching some more and CSS it is!

Quote Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
    Thanks everyone, been researching some more and CSS it is!
    I vote for CSS too. We love it there! We stayed in the B Building (Bagonia) and with the exception of Tuesday and Friday nights it is very quiet after 8 pm. Plenty of other quiet places during the day too. If you want night life head up the hill to the Baloon Bar.

Take a look at my video on CSS that will show you most of the complex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LFxwjXYS0o
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

If CSS is the one that is sticking out at you....that you are drawn to, then book it! You can always try another resort at a different time. You are going to love the Couples resorts.

I looked at CSS years ago when it was $1000 a night, before Couples took it over. Always wanted to try it but couldn't afford it. Now we are going back in 15 days for trip #3.

Book it, Danno!

selisem

We just left CSS Oct.6, there 5 days, we could not have selected a better resort, enjoyed every moment, food better then Great, service awesome, all the staff are warm welcoming people that treat like King & Queens, activities to do all day if you like, all the night events were super super super We talked about returning again on our first day

We are here now after 5 long yrs of waiting. We were married at CTI in 2007 and decided to try CSS for our 5th anniversary. Our expectations were very high after reading all the great reviews. Unfortunately, we were very disappointed. Compared to CTI the beach was small and dirty with seaweed everywhere. The resort is so spread out and needs to be updated. Our jacuzzi didn't work properly or had been maintained/cleaned properly as unidentifiable matterial came out of the already dirty looking jets. On our first morning there the shower would not turn off and was left running for maintance to fix it. There were ants everywhere in the bathroom as well. You could see where the mops had been slapped up against the walls and dirt caked into the corners of the rooms. The furnishings were old and the drawers stuck from the humidity. Overall the suite just felt like a motel 6 with a beautiful view. We found this to be the general condition throughout the resort. I will say the bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed a wonderful massage In one of the huts. Management was most accommodating in finding us a suite at CTI the morning of our 3rd day but it felt like our first 3 days were waisted. Once we arrived at CTI our long awaited vacation finally began. The had a major renovation a few yrs ago and it is evident throughout the resort. As far as fitness goes, their facitlity is top notch with a separate yoga studio. If romance and quiet is what your looking for, the gardens here are so beautiful to explore both day and night. If you go to the main desk and ask, they will allow you to use the jacuzzis at the spa. They are tucked away in the garden and very private! We have enjoyed them every night as well as the small pool they have back there...without interruption.

Just returned from CTI, we have been to CN (3x), CSS once and now CTI. We had CSA booked but had to cancel.

When we first visited CN we loved it and returned twice, Negril is so nice with the long beaches and beautiful sunsets. We loved our bohemian room at CN so much that we purchased furniture similar upon returning home. We finally decided to try OR resorts again and visited CSS, we loved CSS especially SSB, great place for a/n experience and we loved our "A" block room. I did not think the restaurant choices was as good at CSS vs CN,

After trying CTI we feel like CTI is our new favorite.

We are usually happy anywhere that we stay and we do travel quite a bit but Jamaica is our favorite and it is very easy to reach from the East Coast.

Each of the Couples resorts has something for everyone, CN has the great beach, big pool, great restaurants, CSS has the beauty of Ocho Rios and the cliffs with a great a/n area. CTI was very nice with the great selection of restaurants, overly friendly staff, great layout and the island if you want to try a/n.

The gym at all (3) were adequate. You cannot take long walks on the beach at CTI or CSS

Nightly entertainment can be hit or miss at all of them, after you sit in the sun all day drinking you are tired at night and it depends upon the vibe that particular week. We were at CSS and there were a bunch of party people that stayed up with us at the balloon bar towards the end of the week. CTI was pretty dead at night when we were there

You should look at the pictures, listen to people on this board and make the decision. You will have a great time no matter which resort you select.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Dude View Post
    I vote for CSS too. We love it there! We stayed in the B Building (Bagonia) and with the exception of Tuesday and Friday nights it is very quiet after 8 pm. Plenty of other quiet places during the day too. If you want night life head up the hill to the Baloon Bar.

Take a look at my video on CSS that will show you most of the complex: Couples Sans Souci Resort, Ocho Rios, Jamaica (video tour) - YouTube
    Thank you so much for sharing the video. Now I'm really looking forward to it!

Hands down without a doubt CSS. We will be there in 3 weeks for our sixth time. Have been to all the others as well. Negril is beautiful for the beach, but Ocho has beautiful mountains and vegetation. My husband absolutely loves working out at the gym with the unobstructed view of the ocean. I am positive there is no place better in this world to get a massage. The SSB is wonderful and private. We love to stay in Building G on the top floor. The balconies are more private than some of the penthouse rooms. You can eat breakfast naked if you like! I would research the penthouse rooms because some of them actually share a balcony with each other. We are spliting this trip with CTI. Its nice with a more hotel atmosphere. But CSS is home. Sorry for running on and fell free to ask us any questions.

We just returned from our first trip to Jamaica and Couples. (It's been a month ) We stayed at CTI but did visit CSS for the day. We preferred CTI! The walking to get the beach from the main interest reminded us of being on a cruise ship! LOTS of steps. Like you I researched and tried so HARD to make the RIGHT choice for some much needed ALONE time. I have to feeling that you ALWAYS fall in LOVE with the first location you stay! Whichever you choose take advantage of spending the day at the other. Makes it feel like a 2 for 1.

Wow only three weeks! So I am curious, how does he like the gym equipment? We'd like to get some exercise in since we generally do daily at home ... and we will definitely plan on a massage, can't miss out on that!

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Dude View Post

Take a look at my video on CSS that will show you most of the complex: Couples Sans Souci Resort, Ocho Rios, Jamaica (video tour) - YouTube
    Thanks for the awesome video! Very helpful. We've stayed at CSA, now heading to CSS in 3 weeks. Liked how your partner/wife kept getting more and more tan during the course of the video.

Selisem, we were also there that week but not sure if we met. CSS is an amazing place, we love it there too!!! Bring on October 2013.