Default Tin Air Decision

Has anyone used Tin Air between MoBay and Negril? Any comments to share? I'm wondering what the ticket price is and whether it is worth the extra expense. Like many others, I'm not especially fond of the road trip to Negril......
    Jan

Jan,
    we fly TimAir, its $100/pp each way (15 min flight)....it is well worth it in our book. If you take the shuttle back to the airport, you have to leave 4 hours before your plane departs...with TimAir you leave 2hrs before....those last two hours are priceless....not to mention after you have had a long flight, riding for another hour and a half on a bus before you get to the resort, did not appeal to us.....not to mention the view from the plane is fantastic!

In our opinion, its something that should be experienced once. Its a gorgeous, short flight, with remarkable views of the island. When we flew it several years ago, the pilot gave us a fly-over of SweptAway.

That said, we didn't see any time advantage to the flight, but then, at the time, the road was under construction and Couples was offering a one-way comp flight for repeaters... but for whatever reason, our total transfer time, including the wait for a flight and a ride from the Negril Aerodrome was about 2-1/2 hours.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We always fly Tim Air. In March 2009, the cost for two people to fly round trip to/from Negril was approximately $400. The flight time is a little less than 15 minutes, and the airstrip is right across the street from CN. In August 2009, the cost for two people to fly round trip to/from Ocho Rios was $800, and the flight time is around 30 minutes.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Tin Air .

I'm sure it was a typo or innocent mistake, but it still tickled me to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    Tin Air .

I'm sure it was a typo or innocent mistake, but it still tickled me to see that.
    I agree with others that its worth doing once, I say on the way back so you get more time at the resort.

However, with the prices being so high, why not just take the shuttle and use that money to stay an extra night or two?

A 15 minute flight or an extra day in paradise? Choice is clear to me.
    CSA Junkie! Next trip -- November 28th!

You're right - tin air is an awesome typo!
    Do these flights leave at scheduled times during the day, or can you make arrangements to match your arrival/departure times?
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    Tin Air .

Hi Dirtleg- I had to chuckle when I saw that too...
    Art xo Francine

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Do these flights leave at scheduled times during the day, or can you make arrangements to match your arrival/departure times?
    Jan
    Jan:

TimAir does not have regularly scheduled flights. They are a charter service.

For the beginning of your trip you have two options. You can reserve a TimAir flight on their website in advance. You tell them your arrival flight info and they'll have a plane waiting for you to take you to Negril or Boscobel.

You can also just go to the TimAir desk in the arrivals area of the MBJ airport to arrange a flight. You might have to wait for them to prepare a plane for you, but you can still use their service if you decide to at the last minute.

For the return flight, they will fly you back to MBJ approximately two hours before your MBJ departing flight.

The latest quote that I have seen from them is US$205 per person round trip to Negril or US$105 one way.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Jan

Tim Air is essentially a taxi service. Make arrangements ahead of your trip. Give Tim Air your flight number and arrival time. There will be a plane waiting for you when you arrive. If you try to arrange your Tim Air flight when you arrive in Jamaica, you may have to wait while they prepare a plane for you and possibly get one flown to MoBay from one of the other destinations.

We took Tim Air going to Negril. It was fabulous. We were on the beach an hour after we walked off our flight in MoBay. We took the shuttle back to MoBay because we had an early morning flight so the two hours wasn't going to buy us anything.

ENJOY!

Default tin air decision

I hear that the Negril airstrip is right across the street from CN. We'll be arriving on TimAir and are wondering if it close enough to walk to CN, or should we ask Couples for a shuttle?
    Jan

Default taxi

If you call or email CN they will be sure a taxi is there to pick you up. It's close enough to walk though.
    re: the taxi we paid him $5 last year, year before one of the staff at CN told us they would take care of the charge.