Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Buying Blue Mountain Coffee

My wife and I will be at CSA on 4/9 - 4/14. I'm looking at buying 15 lbs min and was wondering if anyone can tell me the best place to purchase the coffee.

Airport, you do realize it's about $30 per pound?

Quote Originally Posted by clashmore View Post
    My wife and I will be at CSA on 4/9 - 4/14. I'm looking at buying 15 lbs min and was wondering if anyone can tell me the best place to purchase the coffee.
    The airport was cheapest 2 yrs ago

Airport and I think it was $20ish/pound but could be wrong.

We buy Blue Mountain on line through Mavis Banks. No bother bringing it back home and we stay stocked all year this way.
    Life is good

clash
    15 lbs is a lot to buy in the airport because the place to buy coffee is after going through security
    You can buy at the resort but its a little more expensive
    but the advantage is that you could put it in your checked bag
    Carrying on 15 lb bags would take up a lot of space
    John

If you are buying so much it would be worth it to take a trip to the HiLo grocery store nearby. There it is cheaper and you get a discounted price if buying more than one pack

Since my first trip to Jamaica I've been intrigued by this. The coffee in the airport is $30.00/pound. I can by this at my local grocery store for $11.99/pound. Now, of course I run the risk its diluted down with other coffee beans or fake entirely, but it could be the same on in country too. I've noticed that many of the products in the airport seem to have a tourist tax added to them, not really much cheaper than a sale price at home.

EandC, you can buy Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee in Chicago??! For $12/pound??

Holy Coffee Bean!! In our house, Amazon.com is known as Santa, and we check there after checking prices everywhere else..and usually it's cheaper on Amazon, AND comes right to our door.

Just looked up Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee. There are many fakes, different brands, but the REAL stuff in the burlap bag goes for $55-60 a pound! Hmmm...maybe bringing 15# back has its merits?! ����

Last month the whole beans (pure blue mountain) at the airport were $35 per LB. Not sure if you could find it for less elsewhere.

We too get in online through Mavis Banks. We get 5 lbs at a time delivered to our home all year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach-bum View Post
    We buy Blue Mountain on line through Mavis Banks. No bother bringing it back home and we stay stocked all year this way.
    Life is good

It seems like Jablum is recommended as the best to buy. If I went to the HiLo grocery store would is it best to convert US dollar? In 2007 My wife and I brought back 14 pounds with no problem through customs. We bought some from Barry's bar and it was alright but not the same as Jablum. This time I'd like to bring back a little more.

Were down to roughly a month and living in PA where it has been a snow filled winter. Anxious for warm weather and beautiful resort

If going to HiLo I would convert to Jamaican dollars

What would the approximate price be at the HiLo?

does CSA do money conversion? If they do can I convert any remaining Jamaican money back to US? Would it be cheaper to take a taxi or do the shopping excursion like we did in 2007 which cost us $30. Appreciate all the feedback.

Hi everyone! We are going back next month to a CSS/CTI split and the last time (Dec./14) we were there the coffee prices at each of the two resorts was very different! A pound of beans at CTI was $54.50 and a pound at CSS was $35.50!! What gives! lol

Could I ask a favour of anyone who is presently at each of those resorts to check those prices for me the next time you're at the Gift Shops?

Also, Driverlady, which brand or brands did you see at the airport? Where are the shelves of Wallenford and Jablum that used to be in that big store?

Is the rumor of less coffee being available true?!! Yikes!
    Thanks to anyone who can help!!

Price at HiLo last week was US$32pp including tax. The Jamaican homeroasted coffee available at Cafe Goaa in Negril is US$20pp and while it is not "certified Blue Mountain coffee" it is every bit as delicious as the ones certified by the Jamaican Coffee Industry board and I cannot tell the difference between the two just by taste (and I am a coffee addict!). Hope this info helps

Two weeks ago a pound of ground Blue Mountain coffee was $52 at the CSA gift shop, and $33 per pound at the airport. So, I bought 3 lbs at the airport. I think I'll try Mavis Banks online, as 3 lbs doesn't last nearly as long as I would like.

Is the HiLo grocery store w/n walking distance of CN? I like to walk so I don't mind a long walk.

It is several miles, I would suggest a taxi

$35.50 at CSS gift shop. $37 at the airport.

What is the current price at CTI?

Thank you, Bowser! Good to know it hasn't gone up since December/2014. Now if someone can tell us what the price is at CTI, we can make a decision as to where we'll get it. I wish Couples would answer my email asking about the discrepancy in coffee prices between the two resorts...it's strange there's such a huge difference. Four weeks to go!!! Can't wait to have my toes in the sand and a mojito in my hand!!

FYI...We bought the K-cups from Mavis Banks and we found they do not work in the Keurig 2.0 machines.

Life is good

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast