Default Location change help!!

Help! My wife and I will be affected by the construction at CSS. We have only been to CSS in the past and stayed in the One Bedroom Beachfront Suite. We absolutely loved everything about the resort specifically the secluded feel. At times we were able to walk away and feel like we had the entire place to ourselves. Unfortunately our travel dates aren't flexible this year so the construction is giving us the perfect excuse to try a different location. That being said we are looking for everyones input. Which resort has a similar ambiance? Which rooms or blocks are similar to the Beachfront Suites? We loved how they were centrally located. Any advise and pros / cons would be appreciated.

I can't speak to CSA, but I have been to CTI and CN. Unfortunately, none of those two have the same vibe. If you want compact and centrally located, I would say CN. CTI has a little more privacy, like CSS as far as no other resorts sharing the beach with it. CN you will have kids and other folks walking the beach.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013, 11/2015- I think this will be our last couples trip

Hi Shawn&Samantha,

Sorry to hear that you will be affected by the construction at CSS. In our opinion CN has the closest feel to CSS with a pool, restaurants and beach grill all being centrally located along with a deeper beach. To get a room closest to the beach you might want to select a room in buildings 1, 5, 6 or 9. We like to go for walks and have found that there are some places on the resort...but nothing like CSS. CSA has a little more area to walk with the beachfront suites being closest to the beach but with restaurants at either end of the resort. Both CSA has a longer beach and both it and CN have lots of beach to stroll (off the resort). CTI would be the resort least like CSS...no room to walk and much smaller. Hope this helps with you decision. The good thing is that all Couples Resorts have awesome staff to make your stay irie!!

Shawn & Samantha,
    We were also affected by the CSS construction. Our 2 favorite Couples resorts are CSS and CN. So we trasferred to CN for July 10th to 18th, same dates. Pick CN. You will love the beach and they have a Sunset Cat Cruise that is a blast. At CN, the pool, entertainment and restaurants are centrally located.

Also note that if you are a fan of clothing-optional, CSA is the one Couples resort without this option. I have been to CSA and CSS, CSA is a bigger resort and more spread out, and has a more comprehensive spa/sports/tennis facility over the road from the main room/restaurant/beach area. Personally I slightly prefer CSA as I love walking on the long beach and having more tennis courts, but the beach (waterline) is not private at CSA so it is a different feel. I did really enjoy CSS and Mr Battaglia does a fantastic job of managing everything there, so understand the attraction! Have a great trip, and if you are on the Negril side perhaps try the exchange day?

WE too, have only been to CSS once, last year stayed in a Verandah suite, this year we uped to a Beachfront, and will also be affected by the construction.......we're going anyway.
    We're scheduled for mid October, at that point we'll gamble some of the Beachfronts have been opened, if not, so what. There's still SSB, where we'll spend most of the day, The Bella Vista & Casanova will be open. I don't look at it as an impediment to my vacation.