Default Your opinion please! Wedding night dinner at CTI!

To all the wonderful people who frequent Couples –

My fiance and I are tying the proverbial knot on Monday, January 7th, 2013, at Couples Tower Isle. We were planning to celebrate our nuptials at Bayside resturant that night, but we've heard rumor that Bayside is closed on Mondays. Is this true? If so, where would you suggest we go?

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! That is more than a rumor...it's true as is posted on the restaurants page: http://couples.com/tower-isle/restaurants-bars.php. Eight Rivers would be a great choice of a fancy restaurant where you can celebrate the special occasion.

Best wishes!!

Bart & Bug

You don't need to rely on "rumors." You can figure out which restaurants are open/closed on which days by reviewing the appropriate page on this website.

Click on the tab for Tower Isle above, then click on the "Restaurants & Bars" link on the left. From that page, you can determine that the Patio, Verandah, Eight Rivers, and Bayside are all closed on Mondays. On Monday, CTI hosts its dinner for returning guests and its Beach Party Barbecue. If the barbecue isn't what you had in mind for your wedding night dinner, then consider booking (and paying extra for) a private dinner on the beach ($170 per couple) or on the island ($240 per couple).

Congrats in advance.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post

My fiance and I are tying the proverbial knot on Monday, January 7th, 2013, at Couples Tower Isle. We were planning to celebrate our nuptials at Bayside resturant that night, but we've heard rumor that Bayside is closed on Mondays. Is this true? If so, where would you suggest we go?

Yes, it is closed on Monday...as well as Eight Rivers and the Verandha. We ate at Eight Rivers after we got married. My honest opinion, the Verandha was my favorite restaurant there!

I think the only restaurant open on Monday are the pool grill..so sadly you won't have much of a choice if you are getting married on a Monday. Oh, they also have a BBQ on the beach Monday if you would be interested in that! It was pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post

Do a private dinner on Tower Isle. You have your own waiter & chef, bottle of Couples wine that you can take home if you like and a personalize menu. It is magical at night and something you will never forget. When you make your reservation make sure you tell them that its your honeymoon dinner. It costs extra but it is well worth it. You can also get a pictureof the two of you.
    Dianavr

Monday night is the Beach Party Barbecue so the restaurants are typically closed (Eight Rivers hosts the repeater dinner I think). The Beach Party Barbecue is tons of fun and you will be able to sit with other people who will no doubt congratulate you over and over and want to hear all about the wedding.

As an alternative, ask about the private Tower Isle dinner for just the two of you. This is what my husband and I did on the night of our wedding. The cost is $240, but it's an amazing experience. I'm not sure if they do it on Monday nights because of the beach party barbecue, but I highly recommend it if they do!

we just returned from CTI , I think Bayside was closed on Monday, we went to the repeaters dinner at 8 rivers on Monday night so that was closed also.

We missed the beach party because we were at the repeaters dinner that was fabulous. You could get room service but maybe they would work you into the repeaters dinner since you are getting married there and that night is your honeymoon.

You could pay for the private dining on the island as another option.

We were married in January of 2012 and as we were on our own we chose the private dinner on the island. Unfortunately the weather was bad that evening (windy with rough waters) so we moved the date to our last night at CTI. It was spectacular!!! SO romantic: surrounded by water on 2 sides as you sit at your beautifully appointed table with tiki torches and candles glowing. The service was fantastic and the food was absolutely divine! If you are into wines; splurge on a wine from the Managers Wine List. Very well priced and you can choose the perfect wine to pair with your outstanding dinner. So worth it - especially for a Wedding Dinner.
    Congrats ... and enjoy!

Thanks SO much everyone for the great suggestions! My fiance and I are also on a college-student budget to go with our newlyweds-budget, so we will seriously have to consider the Tower Isle Dinner. I bet it would be fabulous though, and it IS our wedding night, so if we've got the money to spend, that spectacular dinner might be our splurge.

Otherwise...we'll see everyone at the beach barbecue! We LOVE barbecues. Yes, something more intimate would be nice...but when barbecue is involved, exceptions can be made.

Or...we could always try BEGGING to get into Eight Rivers

The Beach Party is on Monday night as well as the Repeaters' Dinner, so everything is closed. BUT you could look at the Beach Party & buffet as your "reception" and then maybe schedule a private island dinner for another day. You could do room service, but the menu is primarily sandwiches. Best Wishes and have a wonderful day. You are getting married on a great day, my birthday!
    Vicky