Thread: Newbie!

Default Newbie!

Hi! My husband and I are very excited to be going to a Couples resort (CTI) for the first time (Dec 2012)! We just booked yesterday; can't wait! We've been to several adults only AIs in the past - after the research we have done, we are so happy we "stumbled" onto Couples! We hope Couples will be our "go to" destination and that this will be the first of many visits! This will also be our first time to Jamaica. Thanks to everyone on here; the boards have provided invaluable info!! So pumped to be going somewhere warm during what we know will be a cold Canadian winter here in Ontario! Cheers all!

[QUOTE=krys24;191802]Hi! My husband and I are very excited to be going to a Couples resort (CTI) for the first time (Dec 2012)! We just booked yesterday; can't wait! We've been to several adults only AIs in the past - after the research we have done, we are so happy we "stumbled" onto Couples! We hope Couples will be our "go to" destination and that this will be the first of many visits! This will also be our first time to Jamaica. Thanks to everyone on here; the boards have provided invaluable info!! So pumped to be going somewhere warm during what we know will be a cold Canadian winter here in Ontario! Cheers all![/Q

We have done the same -and after going to CSS it's hands down our go to, dream of, can't wait, place to go! Have fun - we go back 2/13!

krys24 - Welcome to the "Couples Family" !! We are from Kingston, Ontario, and fully understand your desire to get away from here for a break during the winter months. We are going to CSS the first week of December to renew our vows. I am sure, like the rest of us on this board, you are going to find the CTI so beautiful, the food so tasteful, and the staff so friendly, attentive, and just all around wonderful that you, too, will become "addicted" to Couples, and will want to come back again real soon! Have a wonderful holiday - it's not that far away now!!
    (Karen&Paul)

I love your excitement! I haven't even booked my visit yet (January 13), but I'm squirming with excitement. What are you looking forward to most?

Welcome! You are going to LOVE it.

Welcome to the Couples family, Krys24!!
    My husband was the one to "stumble" upon CTI back in 2007 while searching a travel site. We fell in love with it and have been there 2 times since. We are heading back in 9 DAYS! Yeay!
    You will love CTI and Jamaica as well, I am sure!
    Have a wonderful vacation in Decemer!

Welcome to the club! We go to CN every January to escape the cold Iowa winters and to relive
    our honeymoon.

[
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Default you will have a great time

My g/f and I went to CTI in May- it's the best! an older couple from England sat next to us at dinner one evening and explained that they are retired and wealthy and travel around the world. They said they have been to fiji, bora bora, all of the islands etc, and explained they were goig to be at cti for 18 days. 18 DAYS! they said that CTI has the best food out of all of the places they have ever been IN THE WORLD! I have nothing to compare it against as my trip in may was the first of its kind, but I am sure there was some accuracy to their statement as I could be pulled away from any meal.

Some advice- bring tervis tumblers to pour your frozen drinks in they will stay frozen a lot longer that way.

I hope your trip is as good as ours was!

George

Congrats on stumbling onto Couples! You are going to love your vacation and I am sure you will have found your new home.

Thanks for your comments everyone: it merely adds to my excitement and also shows what appears to be so special about "Couples" people....can't wait to be one of them!

Minidriver: hard to say what I am looking forward to the most: EVERYTHING!!

I'm here at CTI right now, about to have a late breakfest on our patio, which overlooks the ocean (delux ocean room). The pictures don't do it justice. The reason for the late night was last night i just got engaged! The dinner on the private island is a must. It was unbelieveable! The food was perfect, the setting was more romantic then any scene in a movie and everything has been so perfect. We planned this as a once in a life time trip. After staying for 4 days here we decided we absolutely have to come back. The best thing about it is that everyone, includeing the couples that are staying, are nice. We tend to stay to ourselfs and we already made several friends with other couples! Your going to love it!

awesome! Tks Chi-Visit!!! and...congrats on your Engagement!