Default Looking for some info on the AN beach at Tower Island

I have a few questions on the au naturel beach at tower island. I have heard that there is a a pool and jacuzzi on the island but no one mentions the sea. Is the beach on the island swimmable?

I have also heard there is a bar and lunch available on the island and I am just a wondering if people eat in the snack bar also A/N of if they wear clothing or a towel to have a meal?

Also if someone could give me some information on the clothing beach at the resort I would appreciate it. Is it man made? Is there nice swimming there or coral?

Well, unless they did some big renovations since our visit in 2011, the Isle only has one pool, and it's more a socialization pool, it's not big enough for swimming. The Isle itself doesn't have a beach, but there are a couple areas you can get into the ocean (one on the right side, and the bottom is sandy, one by the boat dock (same area as the right side,) and one on the left although I didn't go in here, it looked rocky.)

Lunch is set up as a buffet near the bar, you take what you want and go back to your loungers to eat. The wife and I just stayed nude, but you could towel wrap if you prefer. As for visiting the bar to get drinks, everyone stays nude.

The beach does stay sandy out to at least waist deep on me (3ft or so,) and it looked sandy further out. I don't know if it's a natural or man-made, though. I think natural as there was a thread a while ago talking about how one of the hurricanes had eroded a lot of the beach and RandyMon indicated that the resort was going to let nature take its course on re-building / restoring the beach.

Jason
    CTI again in:
    226 days
    2 hours
    25 minutes

In response to your questions- just returned last month from CTI -

There is a great pool with a swim up bar on the island - no jacuzzi. I was in the water off the island, there are stairs down to the water in 2 places. No beach at the island. There is coral around parts of the island, and some seaweeds as well. A couple of small open areas to get into. We did once,l but preferred the pool - easier to get a drink!

Lunch is brought to the island. We were there for 7 days and only ate on the island twice - the rest of the time we took a break and went in to get something to eat. When we were there some folks wrapped up in a towel to eat, some didn't. (wife did once, I never did. Some women did, some didn't some men did and some didn't - no one cared either way!).

Clothed beach is great - completely natural - lots of folks in the water - and I didn't see any coral - ask Devon (he operates the glass boat a lot) the story about fire coral and be prepared to laugh!

You will have a great time - we are so jealous and are looking forward to going back!

Bill

Tower island is very beautiful and the people who visit there will definitely enjoy there. It feels very comfortable and the environment and the nature of that island is amazing.

If you take the elevator down inside the tower, you can go bowling. LOL

We spent the morning out at the island. We were noobs. It's amazing!!! No jacuzzi as other's have said, but they do have a nice swim up bar. The lunch was good, but minimal. However, they have a great bar. Go on Wednesdays when Kimoni is there. He'll hook up up. It's an amazing place!

jerpi29---Unfortunately, the bowling alley sustained a bit of water damage from Hurricane Sandy. They have been working very hard to finish the repairs. However, the elevator is still in operation and you can go to the observation deck. The views are magnificent. And the horse stabes are still there, but they had to remove the two horses for some veterinary assessments. There's no telling when they will be back.

With all of that, you can still have a great time. Maybe even get in a little tennis out on the point.

Enjoy

Have they rebuilt the dock after it was washed away by Sandy or are they still using a temporary facility? Five days until we leave for CTI!

I thought they moved the pin and balls game to the penthouse. hehe

The penthouse, located one floor below the observation deck, has ongoing repair work as a result of Sandy. Not the Hurricane, a person named Sandy got carried away while playing the games, bumped into a couple of the machines and the whole place blacked out due to an electrical problem. It may be some time before that level is available again. Sandy was asked to leave the island.

Hey Ritchie- I just heard from Calmore yesterday that the bowling alley is indeed back up and running. Also, a new attraction has been added! It's a gravity defying water slide feature that actually pops you out into the ocean just a short swim from the isle. I can't wait to try it!

Thats a good question Taylor. Have the rebuilt the dock yet???

Default Bowling?

Quote Originally Posted by jeniper29 View Post
    If you take the elevator down inside the tower, you can go bowling. LOL
    Do they really have nekkid bowling on the island? Imagine that. Nekkid bowling in paradise. Only 301 days til CN.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

CloudwatcherThat's very good news about the bowling alley. One caveat, being your own shoes. The ones they have there are getting sort of old. And by the way, not many people know this but, if you have a perfect game, 300, you get one free day for that. So practice, practice, practice.

No new dock yet. They have sandbags and a couple pieces of plywood right now. No worries though. In the 10 days we were there there were only 2 days the boat didn't go out. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by KBP1990 View Post
    I have a few questions on the au naturel beach at tower island. I have heard that there is a a pool and jacuzzi on the island but no one mentions the sea. Is the beach on the island swimmable?

I have also heard there is a bar and lunch available on the island and I am just a wondering if people eat in the snack bar also A/N of if they wear clothing or a towel to have a meal?

Also if someone could give me some information on the clothing beach at the resort I would appreciate it. Is it man made? Is there nice swimming there or coral?
    There really is no "beach" to the Isle but my hubby and I did go sit in the water in the sandy area on the front side of the Isle facing the resort. I would not call it swimmable though.

They bring over lunch. We did it all AN taking our plates back to our loungers to eat. Some people wrapped up when dishing up but we didnt. There is no snack bar.

The clothing beach is awesome!!!! I am not sure if it is man made.