Default Sports comples CSA

Does anyone know if the sports complex has been redone. Someone had told my husband that they replaced all the machines and glassed it in and it is air conditioned.
    thanks
    Jamaicajeanne

Hmmm I have not heard anything about a sport complex remodel. I'll be interested to hear if they replaced the equipment though.

Angie
    Kevin & Angie

When we were there this past February most of the equipment had been replaced. It was great. Still an open air space though and no air conditioning.

Wow, that would be some major remodel. I would be very interested to see if this is the case. I think the gym equipment suffered from exposure to the extreme humidity in Negril. While nice stuff, the bars and machines always left rust stains on my lifting gloves and it made the break down and mounting of the weights difficult for some. I think they do their best to maintain all the equipment, but it is hard to fight mother nature when working with iron in that damp atmosphere.

Course, if the remodel has not taken place I will still be there in the gym a couple of times next summer to get my sweat on. I kind of like the pumping iron in the fresh air work out.

Does anyone know if there is a walking path/trail or indoor walking area?? I am walking 2 - 2.5 miles per day and I'd like to keep it up. Walking on the beach I tend to stroll and not seriously walk. And I really don't care for treadmills.

The equipment was all replaced in March, but everything else is the same.

I only walked by once (was there 8/18-8/25) but it was definitely not glassed in and a/c'd! The aerobics area was but the machines were making me sweat just looking at them sitting there all exposed to that hot summer air

I don't know if the machines were replaced as this was my first visit to CSA - it all looked nice from the sidewalk though
    http://tinypic.com/a/19if6/3 - pix from CSA 8/18-8/25

I was there in July and the gym is still open air. The cardio room is enclosed with A/C. As for new equipment...I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ferg031502 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a walking path/trail or indoor walking area?? I am walking 2 - 2.5 miles per day and I'd like to keep it up. Walking on the beach I tend to stroll and not seriously walk. And I really don't care for treadmills.
    Yes there is a jogging/walking path over at the sport's complex.

Angie
    Kevin & Angie

ferg031502--yes, there is a walking path at CSA. . .it's about 1/2 mile long and is on the other side of the road from the resort in the Sports Complex area. We use it quite frequently when we are there, as we switch daily between walking the beach or the track. It doesn't get much of a breeze, so it can be a little hot back there. But, it is shaded in parts and is a nice option to have.

Quote Originally Posted by ferg031502 View Post
    There is some sort of walking trail but I was being too much of a beach bum to check it out I saw lots of people walking the beach in exercise mode. I just smiled as I sipped my Jamaican Brownie...I figured they were working out plenty for me as well
    http://tinypic.com/a/19if6/3 - pix from CSA 8/18-8/25

You'll enjoy the blacktop? "track" that loops around the tennis courts. There is also a para course along part of the track. Ofcourse there are paths all over the property...guaranteed-you'll get your exercise. Think they also schedule a morning power walk on the beach....also good water exercise class in the afternoon at the sports complex.