Default We cannot decide where to spend our honeymoon...any thoughts?

My fiancé and I are looking to book with Couples for our honeymoon - June 10, 2013 but are having a difficult time deciding between the four wonderful resorts!!! Can any of you provide any recommendations for a young couple (30 years old) who are looking to relax and take in the Jamaican culture?

I've seen in previous posts that you can split your vacation at different resorts, would any of you recommend this? We're looking to go for 10 days, but could possible stretch it to 12 and split the vacation 6 days at one and 6 days at another.

Neither of us have been to Jamaica but we are lovers of the arts, music, and food. Any information from returning vacationers would be so much appreciated!!

Also, when booking through Couples.com can we expect that the prices will not really drop between now and June? We're looking at spending between 4000$-4600$ if we book now....should we wait?

Thanks!!!

Hi TADiodati,
    Welcome to the Couples Family! Our travel agent advised us to try Couples years ago because of all the inclusive activities at no additional cost. First off, all of the locations are awesome and you will not be disappointed with any of them. Our first trip was to CTI and just loved it. The food, the staff, the relaxing atmosphere, well everything was great well except it rained almost every day. We chose CTI because we wanted to climb Dunns River Falls in Ocho Rios and figured if we never made it back to Jamaica we didn't want to miss it. Our second trip was to CSA to experience Seven Mile Beach. CSA is now our favorite resort and we will return Home for our third trip on December 1st! We're dying with anticipation. With all that said here's my advice:
    If you're going for 10 or 12 days you can consider splitting your resorts. They are far apart and about a 3 + hour drive (free) or maybe less than an hour flight in a puddle jumper, but that's expensive. Your choice of resorts will depend on how you want to spend your time, either relaxing or for some excitement. CSA is our first choice because of the long beach with roaming local vendors, excellent rooms that when on the ground floor you can walk right off your veranda onto the beautiful grounds, the entertainment in the evenings in the Aura Lounge singing at the piano or dancing at the disco and the awesome sports complex. You can just relax at CSA too, but we like to be more active. If you want more intimate romance either of the resorts, CSS or CTI in Ocho Rios are very romantic but are on small beaches. You will not interact with locals on those beaches. Our travel agent's favorite is CSS which will probably require step climbing to the rooms but the grounds are supposed to be beautiful.
    Well I hope this helps you decide and if we can help just let us know, that's what we're here for.
    Enjoy your time in Paradise where ever you choose to go!
    Steve

I would suggest CN or CSA. Both of them have long beaches (CSA's is much longer) with different bars, restaurants, vendors, etc.....and you can get the local flavor there. CSA is our favorite because it's like staying in a Caribbean village with lots of drink and food choices. It's also super romantic. I would suggest only booking at one resort because you will truly get to relax. Also, sign up for Romance Rewards and you'll be able to visit the other resort on a day pass. Good luck deciding. Just keep looking at pictures and reviews and one of them will be more forefront than the others. That is the one you should pick. Congrats!

I would do a split if time allows you to do so. you may not get back for years... You will lose some time due to checking out, travel and rechecking in. The better beaches are CSA and CN and they are close together with little time spent traveling.

CTI and CSS are near each other as well but I believe about an hour and a half ride from CSA and CN. So I would suggest staying on one side or the other if you can. You'll save time.

CTI, CSS and CN have Au Natural facilities while CSA has none. Any questions or concerns can be asked on the AU NATURAL link on the top of the page.

There is a link for rates above that.

The resort or resorts that you spend most of your time researching is most likely the resort for you. Keep reading, at least one will stand out. No matter which one you choose you can't go wrong. The food, service and staff are fantastic at all of them!

Congratulations and enjoy!

If we could do 12 nights, I definitely would split between Ocho Rios and Negril. We have tried css with the secret rendezvous. Gorgeous resort with great food and service, and we have trip #5 to csa booked for April. If you would like a few pics from csa, email md at clemons371@gmail.com
    Good luck deciding, they are all good!

Thank you all for your feedback, we have decided to stay at CSS for our honeymoon and intend on returning for our one year anniversary to CSA Enjoy your vacations!

Congratulations on your wedding and honeymoon! Planning for events like this are so exciting! I hope you have a wonderful time at CSS, I haven't been yet either but we go Oct. 2013 to celebrate our 25th Anniversary! This message board has been so helpful, my notebook is full of suggestions and answers to questions. Enjoy, maybe share a picture or 2 when you get back home next year.

Brenda
    CSS Oct. 2013

Congrads! You chose a wonderful resort for your honeymoon. It is THE most romantic place we've ever been to. My husband and I will be returning this Dec. for our sixth time. Any questions just ask. Have fun!

Great choice! Make sure to still sign up for Romance Rewards because you can do a day pass to CTI and check out one of the other resorts. Check the prices and perks this February. Sometimes they have specials with resort credits that you might want to take advantage of. Enjoy!

I'm hoping to piggyback off of this thread...

My fiance and I are also trying to decide which resort to book. It's starting to drive me insane that there isn't a clear choice but I guess I don't have to worry about making a bad decision.

I think we are leaning toward either CSA or CN since they face west and sound like they have somewhat nicer beach areas. Since my brother and his fiance went to CSA we are thinking CN. I was just looking at their locations though and noticed CN is probably an hour or so from the MoBay airport...does Couples provide a shuttle or would we need to set up transportation to and from the resort? Thanks!

We just did a split between CN/CSA with 5 nights at CN and 7 nights at CSA. I will say that we LOVED CN and CSA was OK.

CN was much more intimate then CSA was, service was nicer at CN as was the in room service, the rooms themselves were nicer at CN and the beach was a lot more romantic IMO.

We are booked to return to CN in August 2013 and I was sooo glad we had booked CN for 2013 instead of CSA!! We actually tried to return to CN after we moved to CSA but CN did not have any rooms left in the category we had booked. Maybe if we had not just come from pure paradise we would have felt CSA was better.

Quote Originally Posted by armour248 View Post
    I'm hoping to piggyback off of this thread...

My fiance and I are also trying to decide which resort to book. It's starting to drive me insane that there isn't a clear choice but I guess I don't have to worry about making a bad decision.

I think we are leaning toward either CSA or CN since they face west and sound like they have somewhat nicer beach areas. Since my brother and his fiance went to CSA we are thinking CN. I was just looking at their locations though and noticed CN is probably an hour or so from the MoBay airport...does Couples provide a shuttle or would we need to set up transportation to and from the resort? Thanks!
    From the airport you go to the Couples lounge and from there you have no worries They take care of EVERYTHING I mean EVERYTHING from there on just sit back and enjoy a red stripe (or two) and just enjoy!

Last year when we started doing research for our first Jamaican holiday, the Couples resort were the ones that attracted us the most. I read lots of reviews and looked at lots of pictures of all 4, and CSA was "calling" our names. Upon entering the resort, we fell in love with the sooo relaxed and layed back beach vibe that this resort offers. We also chose this resort because of the room layouts and balcony (feels more tropical than "hotel" style), and the fact that we could walk to small bars on seven mile beach and check out some local flavor. This year, we wanted to try Ocho Rios but couldn't pass a year without visiting CSA, so we are doing a split, between Couples Sans Souci (5 days) and CSA (7 days). No matter which one u choose, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. I would suggest u pick between Ochi and Negril first : is a long walkable beach important to you : if yes, than Negril would be your first choice, etc... Then do research on both Couples resort in that area and find out which one is calling you...Good luck and congratulations!