Thread: CTI 1st trip!

Default CTI 1st trip!

We are getting close to taking our second vacation to Jamaica this year! We were at CSA in May...our 5th time there! We love CSA but decided to check out Ochos Rios. We leave for CTI on November 10 for our anniversary! Can't wait and we are really looking forward to checking out the other couples resorts. We did a day trip to CN but prefer CSA. Any insight or things we should bring would be appreciated. I read that water shoes are needed for Dunn's Falls...I assume we need to bring our own. Count down has begun...19 days!

Joy & Mike

Joy&Mike... You will love CTI. You definitely will want to take the day trip to CSS. We LOVE CSS. Cn and CSS are our favorites. Bring you own water shoes for Dunns River. You can rent shoes but I don't want to wear shoes that thousands of others have worn. Plus you want something comfortable that fits well. Dunns River is a blast. Be sure to go out on the Cat Cruise. That's a highlight of the week for us. If you enjoy a little shopping, be sure to go into Ocho Rios to Island Village and Tajmahal shopping centers. They are just a block or 2 from each other. We usually just take a taxi into town because the resort shuttle does not always go there. Happy Anniversary.

Congrats on coming to CTI. We just went to Jam aica and CTI for the first time. I loved it. Bring mask and snorkle if you want to just go around by yourself. The snorkle sets at CTI are for the organized trips only. Water shoes are good because if you venture to far out there may be sea urchins. Beach and swimming area is all sand. Definately upgrade to Deluxe Ocean if you are not there already. We loved the area and rooms by the swim up bar. That way if you ever want to check emails or anything with your personal computer you can usually get the signal in the room. Bug spray, for evenings if you are outside. I did get a couple of bits the night I did not wear any. LOTS of Sunscreen. If you run out the resort sells it but it is about $15 usd a bottle.

Have fun !!! I loved CTI and hope to be back soon.

You can rent water socks but if you have your own or can purchase some before your trip, it's worth it. To rent was more than to purchase at home. Have dinner at all the restaurants. Everything is wonderful. Have Teneisha at the Martini Bar make you a chocolate martini. Enjoy the spa. It's so relaxing to just lounge by the plunge pool. Take the power walk. It's a great opportunity to see what is outside the resort. Enjoy!

I would also suggest Dinner on the Island as an option. It is wonderful!