Thread: gift shop??

Default gift shop??

Are cigars available for purchase on CTI? We will be there in April and I want to kno if I have to bring my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbridgeata View Post
    Are cigars available for purchase on CTI? We will be there in April and I want to kno if I have to bring my own.
    While they are probably available (they were at CSS and it's just down the road from CTI) I would still bring your own. I'll be happy to answer your questions if you want to email me at ticotych@hotmail.com
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

Thanks Cigar dude. I was hoping for some Cohiba's!!! I'll bring some Dominicans.

Yes, cigars are available, but hubby found them to be very expensive even when he got to use our resort credits. He bought his own to take down on our last trip. You may be able to purchase some in the duty free shop of your departure airport.
    Vicky

You may find a vendor onsite one of the nights you're there. We were at CSA and during the week a guy was there with a much better selection than what you would find in the gift shop (Cohiba, Romeo y Julieta, etc). They billed our purchase directly to the room to which our resort credit was applied - Cuban cigars are even better when "free"! :-)

At CSS, there is a cigar and jewelry shop next to the resort gift shop, which had a good selection. Not sure about CTI but hope you find some good ones!

We were at CTI a few weeks ago. On Saturday and Monday evenings from 7-9 they had a "Cigar Club" and "Jewelery Club" Located by the main pool. It was basically vendors with carts that had cigars and jewelery for sale. Selection was decent, prices were a bit high but not anything out of the ordinary for resort prices. They charge to the room. He had Cohibas and other Cubanos.

Just our experience at CN - my husband has bought cigars from the vendor that comes at night for the last 6 years. While they do charge the purchase to your room the resort credits were not applied to that particular purchase (at least ours have never been - maybe because it's a different resort - but I would bet it's the same guy). We were told it is because he is an outside vendor. I would ask.
    They did have cigars in the gift shop. I would think all Couples resorts probably sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbums94 View Post
    You may find a vendor onsite one of the nights you're there. We were at CSA and during the week a guy was there with a much better selection than what you would find in the gift shop (Cohiba, Romeo y Julieta, etc). They billed our purchase directly to the room to which our resort credit was applied - Cuban cigars are even better when "free"! :-)

At CSS, there is a cigar and jewelry shop next to the resort gift shop, which had a good selection. Not sure about CTI but hope you find some good ones!
    If you don't know how to spot a fake Cuban(and they're quite good at counterfeiting them) then you really should keep away from them in the Caribbean. Best to buy a good Dominican in the states before you travel.

If it's a roving vendor odds are high they will be dealing in fakes.

Thanks for the responses! I do know how to spot a counterfeit so know worries there. I can't wait!!!

Woodbridgeata, drop me an email and I'll give you some info that might help.

ticotych@hotmail.com
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/