Default Need Help - CSS veteran considering a split stay with CTI...

I am still on the fence about another split trip, so I am here, asking the wisdom of the all-knowing Message Board. This will be trip #4 to CSS for us, but this year it's really special - our (delayed) Honeymoon! Waiting from June to March seems like forever to celebrate, but we're really looking forward to it!
    Last year we did 4 nights at each CN and CSS, and found that CN, while fun and fantastic, was a little more busy than what we usually need on our vacation. I booked 8 nights at CSS with the great rates and resort credit, which I know I may lose the credit if we split.

My reasons for considering changing our reservation to 3 nights at CTI, then back home to CSS for the last 5:
    1) Really want to check out CTI - it may be good for our family members that couldn't do the steps at CSS
    2) New restaurants - always a positive
    3) The Spa at CTI looks so zen
    4) Catamaran Cruise (darn it Randymon, I was set at CSS, then the whole thread on the Cat at CTI came up, and now I've got a dilemma!)

Here's where I need help:
    1) Is the 3 nights going to be worth it?
    2) Selecting a room is so hard. I forgot what it was like to pick a room category at a resort you've never seen before. CSS=1 BR Ocean Suite and CN=Beachfront Suite. I am thinking a Junior Ocean Suite - suggestions (please!)?
    3) Can you reserve a dinner on the Island for Monday night? Or should we not miss the Beach Party?

Since we're booked on Love Away, I will need to call Couples reservations and I am sure it won't be that hard to change, but the question remains, should I? Hope to hear from both the other CSS regulars and the lifelong CTI fans. I know you all can give great advice, and I need some.

We like doing split trips since it makes it feel like you are doing 2 vacations in one. Since the two resorts are so close together it will be a nice and easy transition.

We LOVE CTI!! I would recommend going all out and going with the one bedroom suite. It is your honeymoon!! I will also add to end at CSS. This way you KNOW you love it there so no matter what you will end your trip on a high note

Jen and I are doing a split in January. 7 days at CTI, then 7 days at CSS. We have always gone to CTI. We did a day pass to CSS and loved the au beach & the feel of the resort. This is why we wanted to split our vacation this time (but it wouldn't be a vacation without going to CTI).

(What nights are you planning on being there? Then I can answer that question)

2) Selecting a room is so hard. I forgot what it was like to pick a room category at a resort you've never seen before. CSS=1 BR Ocean Suite and CN=Beachfront Suite. I am thinking a Junior Ocean Suite - suggestions (please!)?
    (I would go with Premier Ocean, thats what we get every year, the view and location is great)

3) Can you reserve a dinner on the Island for Monday night? Or should we not miss the Beach Party? (Don't miss the Beach party, its fantastic)

Hope this helped.
    91 days to go :>)
    Scott and Jen

Quote Originally Posted by kiki23 View Post
    3) Can you reserve a dinner on the Island for Monday night? Or should we not miss the Beach Party?

Since we're booked on Love Away, I will need to call Couples reservations and I am sure it won't be that hard to change, but the question remains, should I? Hope to hear from both the other CSS regulars and the lifelong CTI fans. I know you all can give great advice, and I need some.
    We are staying 3 nights at CTI next year before proceeding to CSS for a week. You may want to just do a trading places pass for a day and check it out and then possibly book for the next year. We are jumping in blindly too, and figure if it is not to our liking, we only have to "suffer" (haha) 3 days before heading home. I do believe we booked the lowest category room. We are booked for the penthouse for CSS.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

We always go to repeaters dinner over the beach party. Just personal preference. Not sure if they do dinner on the Island on Monday's. While it's always good to try new places and CTI is our favorite (have stayed at all of them) I would say 3 days is not long enough as there are four restaurants. Three days though would give you a good taste of the Resort. I say give it a try.

We went to CSS last year, and considered a split, but decided we would do the Day Away first. Once we were there for the day, we were glad we did not split. While it is a nice resort, the `feel`of it is so different from CSS, which we love.

Thanks everyone!! We will be arriving in Jamaica on Monday and 3 nights at CTI would have us leaving for CSS on Thursday afternoon. I was just planning on a trading places day, and then I thought "why not just jump in?" My only concern is only getting one chance to get on the Cat (tuesday). I briefly considered truly spitting it for 4 days at each, and maybe that is the way to go. It may depend on what they have available for such short stays and how much the price tag will go up. While we're giving up our early booking resort credit, at least we'll get repeater benefits at each so I can compare the spas for myself!