Default Shaded areas at CSS?

We are visiting CSS at the end of Sept 2013 to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. Although we like the sun, it does not like us and because of history of skin cancer we do not stay in the sun for long periods of time. We are looking forward to spending some time on SSB and taking advantage of being topless at the beach. Are there any shaded areas where we can escape the sun and still take advantage of the AN experience?

There are shaded areas, but you'll want to go over to SSB early to procure one. No reservations!

There is plenty. Umbrellas and palm trees all around! I hope you have an amazing trip! We were there for Sandy and it was still incredible!!

islandgirl, there has been some comments about SSB and the damage after Sandy, Can you enlighten us on it?
    Linda

There are plenty of palms, and shady areas at SSB. no worries mon. When are you going???

Quote Originally Posted by Lindad View Post
    islandgirl, there has been some comments about SSB and the damage after Sandy, Can you enlighten us on it?
    It was pretty bad, but they were working on it vigorously after the storm. Everything was washed out of the river, and the storm surge washed it all up onto SSB. There were tires, trash, and other debris covering the beach. I wouldn't let it worry you much though, as the staff of CSS is incredible and very hard working, and I know they are diligently working to make things normal again if they already haven't gotten that way!

We will be there 9/19/2013 - 9/23/2013. Really looking foward to it.

if you're in the need of shade, belly up to the beach bar.