Thread: Saturday Travel

Default Saturday Travel

My husband & I are going home to CSA 12/1-12/8!!! We previously traveled in November & in the middle of the week. I am seeing lots of posts about long lines at Immigration on Saturdays & was wondering if anyone that has traveled on a Saturday in December has any insight. We are trying to decide if it is worth the extra $80pp for the MoBay lounge arrival option. Any input would be appreciated!

We usually travel mid-week and have never had long lines at immigration. In February, our return flight was cancelled on a Friday and we had to fly out on Saturday. The line to get through customs was snaked twice through the airport and it took over 2 and 1/2 hours to get through. Not sure if this is the norm for a weekend, but if it is, I would definitely purchase the MoBay departure option.

We arrived on a Saturday in Jan 2011. The wait to get through immigration was at least an hour. We also departed on a Saturday and I do not remember the line to get back through customs was much longer than 15 minutes.

We arrived Sat. last March. When we got off the plane and walked down the ramp to arrrivals we hit the line and it went way up the ramp and I thought OMG. The line moved very well and having been there before we were very well versed in having that immigration form filled out properly. It wasn't as bad as i thought. The good thing is when you get to the luggage it's there waiting.

We usually go the same week you are going ( are going to CSS Dec 1-8 again this year) The time through immigration varies, usually a half hour to 45 ;minutes, Even if it looks like the line is really long, it moves very quickly. Customs is usually just a few minutes. (We never have anything to declare). Due to my husbands health, we had requested a wheel chair, and we breezed through it all last year. (they have a special line for wheelchairs, and it is usually pretty short). We had usually arrived at around 2-2:30 and were to the resort by 4:30 or 5.

We will be in CSA from 12/1-12/7! Hopefully see you there!
    I'm hoping the line through immigration isn't too bad. When we arrived on a Saturday back in Feb 2011, immigration was close to an hour and a half. We landed around 12:30 and didn't arrive to CTI until after 5:00pm.
    I forgot about the MoBay Club.. I'll have to look into that again....