Thread: Sports Bars?

Default Sports Bars?

I will be at CSA in a few days and am looking forward to it big time. The Euro 2012 tournament will be played while we are there and I am wondering if the games will be available to watch while there? I hope that they will, possibly at the swim up bar (too much to ask?) or somewhere easy to get to or centrally located for some good sports viewing atmosphere in the afternoon?

There is a big TV in the sports complex over the road, but I have never been able to persuade anyone to show proper football - not even for the Cup Final. I suspect they don't have access. I always ask ahead and they always say "no problem" but it is never available on the day. BTW - it is a health bar anyway not a boozy bar.

The US Superbowl 0n the other hand seems to merit hiring half a dozen enormous screens to enable la big party on the beach! I'm not complaining about the Superbowl celebration as it was brilliant ( even in a mega downpour) but it doesn't seem too much to ask for a tiny amount of access to the major tournaments of real football.

None of the bars have TV's other then the sports complex, that I can think of. There is usually soccer on at least one channel if you take the time to find it. At CN about the only place to watch other then your room, would be the game lounge. Enjoy, and good luck finding the games you are looking for. Being a big NASCAR fan, I was at CN several times for the Daytona 500 which I never want to miss. Realized I missed it when I saw the results on the news.

Just an FYI-Majority rules at the Sports Bar for the most part.

You could always check Margarittaville. They have a number of tvs, so as long as they get the channel the matches are on it shouldn't be a problem getting them to put it on.

In 2010 while at CSA we had a group that went over to sports complex and watched world cup and it was no problem mon. This year we will be there for semi and final of euro and will be in the same spot cheering on. If your there at that time we will have to get together.

There is an off-site bar midway between CSA and CN that advertises satellite TV & sports. It's actully closer to CN than CSA...I will try to remember the name...

The sports bar is a great place to catch a game, and the bar is not completely alcohol free. They do have beer. I have seen a variety of sporting events on the TV there.

There is no TV at the swim-up bar.

Just wanted to point out that not all of the rooms have TV. If you are at all interested in watching a game in your room, make sure your room category is one that has a TV.

It looks like ESPN is carrying the matches, so the sportsbar staff should be able to find it eay enough.

Here's the remaining schedule. Subtract an hour from the times as they are shown in Eastern DAYLIGHT time and Jamaica is on Eastern STANDARD time.

June 15 in Kiev
    Sweden vs. England, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPN Deportes, 2:45 p.m. ET
    June 15 in Donetsk
    Ukraine vs. France, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPN Deportes, noon ET
    June 19 in Kiev
    Sweden vs. France, ESPN2, ESPN3, 2:30 p.m. ET (ESPN Deportes, 5:30 pm ET)
    June 19 in Donetsk
    England vs. Ukraine, ESPN, ESPN3, ESPN Deportes, 2:45 p.m. ET

Quarterfinals
    June 21 in Warsaw
    1A vs. 2B, ESPN, ESPN3, ESPN Deportes, 2:45 p.m. ET
    June 22 Gdansk
    1B vs. 2A, ESPN, ESPN3, ESPN Deportes, 2:45 p.m. ET
    June 23 Donetsk
    1C vs. 2D, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPN Deportes, 2:45 p.m. ET
    June 24 in Kiev
    1D vs. 2C, ESPN, ESPN3, ESPN Deportes, 2:45 p.m. ET

Semifinals
    June 27 in Donetsk
    1A/2B vs. 1C/2D, ESPN, ESPN3, ESPN Deportes, 2:45 p.m. ET
    June 28 in Warsaw
    1B/2A vs. 1D/2C, ESPN, ESPN3, ESPN Deportes, 2:45 p.m. ET

Final
    July 1 in Kiev
    Semifinal Winner, ESPN, ESPN3, ESPN Deportes, 2:45 p.m. ET
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to check back and see if anyone recently was able to watch a EPL Match (soccer) in the sports bar. It's been years since our last visit and were really hoping to catch the United/Chelsea match this weekend. Could really use a recent update.
    Cheers,