Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default secret rendezvous experience

So, we'd just love to hear some of your secret rendezvous experiences as we mentally gear up for ours over Thanksgiving.
    Where were you sent, did your payment confirmation coordinate with that, what kind of room did you get...whatever. We are just so excited. 24 days and counting!

In 2009, we ended up at css in c-3. It was about half way up the steps to the ballon bar. I don't know what category it was but it was a very large suite. It had flat screens in the bedroom and living room area, minibar, nice sized veranda with not much of a view but we enjoyed our morning continental breakfast out there . We also watched the rain also as weather wasn't the best. Css is a special place and we enjoyed ourselves despite the iffy weather. The Gala on the lawn was spectacular and we went to our first repeaters dinner which was fun. We were even surprised by a fruit and cheese plate one evening which was a nice touch. We new about the small beach but once you've been to csa, nothing compares.
    I would try the sr again but hubby just wants to stick with csa. It is a good value and if you're adventurous, it's fun to anticipate which resort you'll get. After all, they are all good! Have a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by madtown mom View Post
    So, we'd just love to hear some of your secret rendezvous experiences as we mentally gear up for ours over Thanksgiving.
    Where were you sent, did your payment confirmation coordinate with that, what kind of room did you get...whatever. We are just so excited. 24 days and counting!
    We did the Secret Rendezvous in April of 2009, it was our first trip to Jamaica, we were sent to CSA, we were thrilled & had an amazing time!!!! We had a garden view room, you really don't spend a ton of time in your room so room isn't a huge deal to us. We enjoyed the room, it felt like we were in Jamaica, not just some hotel room. We loved NOT having a TV, we had no idea what was going on in the world & we liked it like that. We were very confused when our daughter told us over the phone that if we saw Mexicans, run.....Swine flu outbreak happened while we were away & she didn't fully understand it & we had no clue about it until we landed in Toronto & everyone was wearing masks over their mouths & noses in the airport.
    We decided to try CN for our next trip in 2011 & loved it as much as CSA. We did visit CSA for a day & were surprised that the beach seemed to have really eroded since our visit, but was still beautiful......Will be visiting CN again in April 2013. You obviously do not need cash since it is all inclusive, but we learned to bring some ones for the entertainers on the beach & also some cash if we want to buy souvenirs from the locals.......

I hope they still have the sweet potato chips & humus at the Seagrape Cafe, something I looked forward to every day for a snack (was sad & disappointed that CN didn't offer this). Drink & enjoy Ting, we have found out in travels to non Couples resorts in Jamaica that pretty much only the Couples resorts serve Ting.......a drink that we are very fond of.........

Enjoy your trip, you will just LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We booked the SR in Jun for the 1st week of September, they notified us pretty early (JULY) that we would be going to CTI, it think that it was so early because occupancy was low. They offered and upgrade from ROH and we did take it.

our 12th or so visit to Ja, CN 3x, CSS 1x, many other resorts in Ja in the past and our first ever SR

WE LOVED CTI, we loved our room, BUILDING 4 1st floor.

Our next visit to Ja will probably be at CTI, that is how much we loved it.

Staff was over the top, grounds were beautiful, restaurants were fabulous, room was in a PERFECT location.

We did the SR twice, in March '11 and March '12, and got CTI both times.

First year we were in an ocean view room in the farthest block--I loved how quiet it was, and our view of the ocean was off the side of the resort, so it wasn't the beach or the island. I loved it because I could see the ocean and the flowering trees and vines and all these birds. I drank my room service coffee out there every morning and just luxuriated. Our balcony felt really private and it was so quiet, we could hear the ocean at night and that was it.

Last year we were in a garden view. It was pretty but obviously there was no ocean view, the balcony wasn't as private feeling, and it was a bit on the noisy side--the macaws in the garden wake up early! :-) But we still loved it. It was nice to be so close to the beach, if we left something in the room it was very convenient to run back and grab it.

This year we booked a room at CTI for a week in March. But I really enjoyed the SR experience and we might do it again a different year.

Fun! I love hearing the different stories! We've been to csa and cti, and I have been to cn twice. Thanks to trading places we've been to all four resorts. We just couldn't decide, so sr is perfect! I love the morning coffee on the balcony:.. Csa was atrium, cti was 4101-deluxe ocean, cn was garden and ocean. All have been great. If we end up at cti In a garden we will be fine, but if options are available to see the ocean, we will probably upgrade. Quiet while sleeping is very important to this mommy-2-be because I won't be indulging in my Jamaican sleep aid...rum
    keep the stories coming! 3 more weeks!

I have looked at the SR...but my issue with the SR program is that we may get CSA which due to the lack of AN facilities is a deal-breaker for me.

I am sure I am not alone with this concern, any way we can get the program tweaked to permit the traveler to exclude one resort ?
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015

We are doing the SR as well. First timers so no matter where we go we will be excited. I got a receipt that said CTI so I am assuming that is where we are going. Can't wait! We will be there Nov 15-29.

We did a sr in march 2011 and went to CSS... we did the thing where you plug in your reservation to something (don't really remember) and it said css but we didn't get our hopes up until it was confirmed. We loved it and had a ball! They had a "mixup" so the first day we were beach front, ground floor, right near the pool and the path to ssb. The next day we were given a double upgrade and put it & block with an amazing verandah and view of the ocean. I would do a sr again in a hot minute!

We have done the CSR twice...got CTI both trips. Our first trip (january) we booked directly with Couples and our credit card was billed to Couples Sans Souci...then second trip (april) we billed thru a vacation site. Both trips I called 7 days out to find out where we went. We had a garden room both trips but were very happy. We are thinking of doing it for a 3rd time in the spring!

milliesmom443,
    sounds like we are the same vacation path. we will be at sr cti? november 19-26.
    look for us and say hi, we should be easy to spot. very pregnant lady and her handsome hubby.
    hoping to spend some time relaxing on the island. see you there?
    let us know when you hear your confirmation!

milliesmom443,
    sounds like we are the same vacation path. we will be at sr cti? november 19-26.
    look for us and say hi, we should be easy to spot. very pregnant lady and her handsome hubby.
    hoping to spend some time relaxing on the island. see you there?
    let us know when you hear your confirmation!

I believe we will be at CTI but won't know for sure until we get the confirmation. I will absolutely look for you. I am hoping to visit the island but still trying to talk my husband into it. He is still not sure but I think he will at least try it.

I have heard stories where people have showed up at the Couples lounge thinking they are staying at one resort and ending up somewhere else at the last minute so you never know! I hope you all have a great time.

Tell him if a big ol' pregnant lady can do it...anyone
    can! It's the best. Try it once-early

thanks softail19! it will be amazing, i'm sure!!
    the fun of it all is making me giddy when i actually have time to remember i am leaving for couples in 17 days.
    i really do love cti...the island, the grounds, the service, the veggie bar...*sigh*
    then there is the negril water-enough said!
    love them all. can't wait!

Default Secret Rendezvous Nov 2012

Booked secret rendezvous Nov 1st for trip Nov9-18. Just found out that reservation is at CTI garden view room. First time to Couples but looking at all the posts and reviews CTI looks good. Was hoping for CSA or Negril for the beaches. Hopefully this is the first of many trips

We booked in September 2010 directly with Couples for travel November 14 - 21, 2010. We paid the $400 deposit at time of booking and the invoice for final payment showed Couples Negril Garden Suite which is where we ended up at.

We also booked early March 2009 with a travel agent for travel March 26 - April 2, 2009. We ended up at CSS - I think we found out 1 week before.

We did it April 2009 and our receipt said CSA and that was true. We got CSA (loved it) and they gave us an atrium suite, which was the most amazing experience!! Truly. It was the best trip of our lives and we are headed back to CSA (and planning a day trip to CN) in December!

well, looks like we will be headed to cti, which is great. less than two weeks!!!!

We are too! See you there!

Default savings on SR

Quote Originally Posted by milliesmom443 View Post
    We are too! See you there!
    How much do you actually save if you go with booking a SR?

Birdy it depends. Sometimes there are better deals to be had if you book early or a Wed. special ect. For me based on the current prices I saved about $1200. for 2 weeks. That is based on using the rates for Tower Isle. Obviously if you got sent to another resort the savings would be greater. That will change depending on the month you book and what specials are running. It was a great deal for last minute travel since I didn't start looking until September.

Just depends on what resort and room you get. It's a good option if u don't care or can't decide. Also, if you know you want to go and can plan a trip a year or two in adavance, there are nice rates and bonuses for booking early. We never seem to book until about 3-4 months away and then decide we can no longer be away from couples

Default Wondering the same thing, is it a big savings?

Is it really worth it if you might be disabpointed if you get a resort you might not want..

Quote Originally Posted by birdy View Post
    How much do you actually save if you go with booking a SR?

we are going to cti-it's official!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast