Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My summer reading so far has been:

The Shack (excellent!)
    The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón (excellent!)
    The Riftwar Cycle by Feist (Scifi / Fantasy - very good!)
    The Twilight Series, just starting book 4 (not bad, light reading)
    Neuromancer (couldn't finish it - not very good)
    Spook by Mary Roach (very funny and interesting)

Starting Blink this week...not sure what I'll have left to bring to CN next month!

I, too, am anxiously awaiting Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol".

LOVED the "Twilight Series"

My cousin is trying to get me to start reading Janet Evanovich, But honestly, I don't think I can fit a new author in. I already read everything by Danielle Steele, James Patterson, Nora Roberts, Fern Michaels, John Grisham, Karen Brown, Nicholas Sparks, Mary Higgins Clark, and Jackie Collins.

But I'm telling you ALL now, if you haven't read "The Shack" you are missing out!!!!!!!!!
    Kristen

What a great thread idea!
    No1conner: The 3rd book by Emily Giffin is "Baby Proof"...She wrote one more that I know of- "Love the One You're With"- but it is not part of the series.

I really liked The Associate as well! Have read the whole One For the Money series. Liked them too, but the did get a bit repetitive! Love Grandma M!! and Lulu! and Ranger!!
    Packing my backpack tomorrow, plane leaves Sat am at 0600!!!!
    Lucy

AAS - it is called Baby Proof.

I've read several books this summer; one of my favorites was "The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder" written by Rebecca Wells (author of The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood). I think this would be an excellent "beach" read. As well, if you haven't read "The Time Traveller's Wife" (can't think of the author right now) this is also a really good read....a little harder to get into however.

This mb!! Lol
    Erin N Steve (always Erin)

Time Traveler's Wife is one of my all-time favs! Audrey Niffinegger is the author.

Carlos Ruiz Zaphon! He wrote the angels game and the shadow of the wind both amazing books I read this summer! I am not going until December for my wedding and not sure what I am bringing yet, thanks for the great ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkhiattky View Post
    Just got done reading "The Shack" WONDERFUL BOOK!!!

Read, Swimsuit, 8th Confession, those are the most recent ones....I LOVE TO READ!!!!!!!!!
    I too, read "The Shack" by William P. Young, this year.
    I have to tell everyone that this book is a MUST READ!!!

It's the BEST book I've ever read in my life. I loved it so much, that I bought 15 more on Half.com and Amazon, and passed them on to several people that I love - and told them that when they were finished reading it - to pass it on to someone that they thought would enjoy it...

Everyone that read it, said it was one of the best books they've ever read too!
    "Rescuing one dog will not change the world....
    But for that dog the world will be forever changed"
    God bless the rescue babies!
    http://www.AmericanBrittanyRescue.ORG

I KNEW I liked you Sandra!! I loved that book so much.
    Kristen

Loved The Shadow of the Wind

If you do your books on audio you have to listen to Shantaram. The reader is amazing! He does accents from all over the world and it is so darn funny in parts. Loved the outer underwear. Don't ask, just listen!

Hey Caviargirl -

We have the same taste - ANYthing by Daniel Silva is a MUST! Plus anything by Lisa See. And even though she's done with the series, anyone interested in vampire or witch lit should DEFINITELY read any of Anne Rice's novels. Aside from the obvious, they're definitely the grandmama of the genre (and IMO very evocative of New Orleans and fun to read).

There's NOTHING better than laying on the beach sipping a rumrunner and getting engrossed in a great novel!!

FYI, I always bring paperbacks, and leave them behind for housekeeping or whomever...

This summer I read "The Quilt", "Navy Wife", "Maneater", "The Gift" and another that I can't remember. I started "A Painted House" last week. I also have "First Impression" going.
    Vicky

Default For winos...

Just finished "The Billionaire's Vinegar" by Benjamin Wallace. If you have been in the wine scene, especially since the '70's (like me), then this will be an interesting read.

This book gives you some insight into a little known side of Thomas Jefferson, as well as providing an indictment of the pumped-up wine world of the late 20th century.

I read a lot. I really don't think I could live if I could not read. Reading has been a staple of my life forever.
    But because I read so much I sometimes forget exactly what I have read. lol
    I really tend toward romance, murder and psychological thrillers with some real life murder books thrown in.
    I just recently got hooked on Jodi Picoult-She writes very thought provoking books like My Sister Keeper which the movie was based on.
    I also love Nora Roberts Fun, easy reading. I especially love her trilogies and am re-reading the Circle of Seven books-Blood Brothers, The Hollow and the Pagan Stone.
    She also writes as J.D. Robb and I love her In Death series with Lt. Eve Dallas and her husband Roarke.
    I also like John Saul and Dean Koontz although I have tended more toward John Saul lately.
    Anything by DAvid Baldacci, Joy Fielding, Lisa Scottoline and Patricia Cornwell. I especialy love the Lisa Scottoline books since I live in the Philadelphia area and so does she and her books take place in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkhiattky View Post
    I KNEW I liked you Sandra!! I loved that book so much.
    Thanks Kristen!!! Backatcha!
    "Rescuing one dog will not change the world....
    But for that dog the world will be forever changed"
    God bless the rescue babies!
    http://www.AmericanBrittanyRescue.ORG

If you're into sci fi, Brian Herbert and Kevin Anderson have just released their latest Dune interlude, "The Winds of Dune".
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Cathy_Joe

Don't know if you know it or not, but she has a new one out now. The first is called "Vision in White" 1st book in the Bridal Quartet!!

"I also love Nora Roberts Fun, easy reading. I especially love her trilogies and am re-reading the Circle of Seven books-Blood Brothers, The Hollow and the Pagan Stone."
    Kristen

Kristen-
    Thanks-I didn't know. We are leaving for CSA end of October. Sounds like a great beach read to me.
    I'm reading her latest-Black Hills now.
    Cathy

I'm happy to add my two cents worth of books that I have read during the past 4 months which simply delighted me.

For a mind blowing taste of Science Fiction check out: Octavia Butler
    Parable of the Sower
    Kindred
    Wild Seed

The Polished Hoe by Austin Clarke

Drumblair: Memories of a Jamaican Childhood by Rachel Manley

The Mistress of Spices and Sister of My Heart both by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

Just about finished with "Once Upon a Cow" by Dr. Camilo Cruz... great book ... life changing

I really like Cindi Myers and Danielle steel and Nicholas Sparks. Each one is so special in their writing. I will be bringing all of them to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_Joe View Post
    Kristen-
    Thanks-I didn't know. We are leaving for CSA end of October. Sounds like a great beach read to me.
    I'm reading her latest-Black Hills now.
    Cathy
    I am finishing up that one as we speak...or type LOL
    Kristen

My favorite summer reads have been...

Loving Frank by Nancy Horan
    A Summer Affair by Elin Hilderbrand
    Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand
    Bird in Hand by Christina Baker Kline
    Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich
    Lost Recipe for Happiness by Barbara O'Neal
    Getting Rid of Matthew by Jane Fallon

Most of these are from Target's suggested reading list!!!

I am saving Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich and The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks for my beach / island time at CTI in November

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast