Thread: Sandy Aftermath

Default Sandy Aftermath

Greetings to all:

Couples Negril and Couples Swept Away were barely affected by Hurricane Sandy as the storm passed well to the south of Negril. Couples Tower Isle and Couples Sans Souci were impacted more, with power outtages, downed trees and plenty of debris throughout the properties. Cleanup has already begun and we do not anticipate it taking too long. Some erosion to the beaches, but again we expect them to return to their normal state in short order.

While CTI and CSS guests may have experienced some inconveniences during the storm, we are getting back to normal and the drinks are still flowing... :-)

Open for business, so come home soon.
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; October 26th, 2012 at 05:08 PM.

Couples Resorts

So good to hear that there was minimal damage and no injuries to staff or guests.

We appreciate the update, also hope the families of the staff are safe!

Hi Randymon. We Brits will be in CN from 2 December. What effect has there been on water quality?

Glad to hear that everyone is ok, our 'home' is ok and thank you so much for the update Randy - everyone was in our thoughts and prayers!!

That's great to hear. Glad everyone there is fine. We will be home to CSS in 5 weeks and can't wait since fall (and soon winter) is definitely come to central WI as of yesterday. Temps went from morning lows of 61 to around 40 by 4 pm. Can't wait for the warmth of the sun and all our friends there.
    Linda

See you soon.

Is there any indication of when the island will be open at CTI or sunset beach at CSS?

Randymon
    Thank you for a up date. We're gland to hear our Brothers and Sisters of Jamaica are Safe. Our prayers were with you the whole time.
    Do you have any pics or the resorts (aftermath clean up)?
    We will see you in January (we're staying 7 days at CTI, then off to CSS for 7 days)
    Scott & Jen

From CSS today:

Name:  CSS beach.jpg
Views: 4704
Size:  160.9 KB
    Name:  CSS pool.jpg
Views: 4480
Size:  161.1 KB

Couples Resorts

looks amazing. I am so happy to see all is well. how about our beloved cti?

Thank Goodness and I hope no one was injured.

Glad to hear it. my wife and I coming home in a month. We live in NJ so I think we're going to be really looking forward to it. Should be an interesting few days.

Glad to here everyone is ok.

Still windy as heck, high surf and a lot of rain at CSA... Beach is a mess but staff is on top of it! We leave tomorrow, so hoping it clears for our last day!

Quote Originally Posted by jeniper29 View Post
    Randymon
    Thank you for a up date. We're gland to hear our Brothers and Sisters of Jamaica are Safe. Our prayers were with you the whole time.
    Do you have any pics or the resorts (aftermath clean up)?
    We will see you in January (we're staying 7 days at CTI, then off to CSS for 7 days)
    Scott & Jen
    First, we are glad everyone is safe and there was minimal damage. We too are doing the same split. We will be home Jan 28th.

My inter net contacts from Jamaica told me the worst effect of the storm was at Kingston. Some flooding and some crocs washed into some yards. Glad to see the photos of CSS show everthing is OK there. (Except somebody is sitting in MY spot)

So happy to know that all is ok. The photos look lovely! Life is good at Couples (both Negril & Ocho Rios)!!!!

Wishing all Couples property a wonderful remainder of 2012 & 2013!!!

See you in CSA in April, 2013!!!

Sooo glad everyone is OK, just our luck that the 2012 hurricane season had a sting in the tail - we return home next weekend. Now I know everyone is OK, I'm a little concerned about the recent Facebook post and the impact of Sandy on SSB - does anyone know whether SSB is up and running; the fb post suggested heavy eqiupment was needed and my mind is visualising everything from removing a few downed trees to the whole of SSB being 'out of bounds' . Can anyone with real knowledge put our minds at rest...!

Default Website reservation system down

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Greetings to all:

Couples Negril and Couples Swept Away were barely affected by Hurricane Sandy as the storm passed well to the south of Negril. Couples Tower Isle and Couples Sans Souci were impacted more, with power outtages, downed trees and plenty of debris throughout the properties. Cleanup has already begun and we do not anticipate it taking too long. Some erosion to the beaches, but again we expect them to return to their normal state in short order.

While CTI and CSS guests may have experienced some inconveniences during the storm, we are getting back to normal and the drinks are still flowing... :-)

Open for business, so come home soon.
    The reservation system does not seem to work online, could you pls advise as to when it will be up...thanks.

Can you post some pictures of the beach at Tower Isle.. We will be coming to Tower Isle on Nov. 12 through 19th for our honeymoon and I am really hoping everything will be back in order by then. Please let me know what you think as we are considering transferring to Swept Away if things are bad.

Thanks,

Troy

Hi
    we coming over from UK in 2 wks whats the water quality like eg how cloudy and messed up is it?? Thanks
    We staying at CSS

Default Couples Swept Away Hurricane Sandy Photo

Name:  SweptAwayt_Sandy_10_25_12.JPG
Views: 933
Size:  263.3 KBWednesday, October 25, 2012 3:00PM CSA

The Eyewall of Sandy hit the Eastern side of Jamaica.
    The Photo is the CSA Seven Mile Beach after all chaise and floats, boats and watercraft, etc were secured.
    Basically it left a beach ghost town. Winds were about 30 knots at this time.
    ~DogMon