Default Hurricane Impact on CSS

I've tried to read other threads and look at other sources instead of bothering everyone here, but I can't really find a definitive response on the impact of Hurricane Sandy on the CSS resort. We will be arriving mid afternoon on Sunday, and want to know if we should consider a different Sandals resort or if I'm just worrying too much (I don't mind some debris and maybe delaying an ocean swim, but if only one restaurant is open I'd rather relocate).

Any help would be appreciated!

MitchU,
    If you are there now, please post photos!
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

From talking to friends who have family there or were there, you should be fine. the main beach is clear and the pools are in operation, including SSB. There was some damage to some of the buildings roofs, but i'm sure that you will have very acceptable accommodations. It will certainly take some time before everything is 100% normal, but don't fret. Couples will certainly take care of you.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchU View Post
    I've tried to read other threads and look at other sources instead of bothering everyone here, but I can't really find a definitive response on the impact of Hurricane Sandy on the CSS resort. We will be arriving mid afternoon on Sunday, and want to know if we should consider a different Sandals resort or if I'm just worrying too much (I don't mind some debris and maybe delaying an ocean swim, but if only one restaurant is open I'd rather relocate).

Any help would be appreciated!
    Hi if you there now please give us an update we go in 2 wks
    thanks

We were there during Sandy and left last Friday. They had the beach, all restaurants and other facilities open by the following day, except SSB. They were expecting to have it ready by Friday. The roof damage was to some off the penthouse suites balcony covers. Everything should be all good by now....no worries, go and enjoy!!
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013