Default Jamaican Hurricane relief charity

Can someone at Couples help with a recommendation for a charity in Jamaica that is helping with hurricane relief and needs donations? I'd like to make my Christmas donation this year to help the people of Jamaica, and after reading all the comments of the people here on the boards I would think I am not alone. I can always give to the Red Cross, but thought someone there on the scene might know a charity that is closer to the actual problem.

Thanks,

Scott and June

A charity that is close to my heart would be the Animal House in Jamaica. They were hit very hard by the hurricane with flooding. Maureen takes care of over 200 needy homeless dogs, cats, horses, cows, pigs and any other creature that needs it.

I am sure she would appreciate ANY help!!

A charity that is close to my heart would be the Animal House in Jamaica. They were hit very hard by the hurricane with flooding. Maureen takes care of over 200 needy homeless dogs, cats, horses, cows, pigs and any other creature that needs it.

I am sure she would appreciate ANY help!!

the animal house jamaica home

Thank you Fluffin, looks like a very worthwhile cause.

Latest update from the Animal House as of 10/29

The Animal House Jamaica is still without power, and water. This means Maureen is hauling in water herself by hand to look after over 170 animals. Please check out this wonderful non profit organization online and on Facebook and help spread the word. We can make a difference, the animals don't have voices but we do!