Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CSA Changes

Hybrid View

Default CSA Changes

We arrived at CSA today and apparently there have been some changes. We don't know all of them yet but so far we know that there is no more Red Stipe or Red Stripe Light in bottles, just draft. We are really bummed because we don't like draft beer. Plus it seems to be much colder in a bottle. They also do not have Guiness or Heineken at the martini bar any more. It's weird. What happen to all the top shelf they advertise. It seems like the prices are going up but they are taking ao much away. Any one know what's up? We were just here 6 months ago and apparently a lot has changed in just 6 months. Tomorrow is our first full day so we will find more out. They also don't have the Steel Drums on the entertainment schedule and we didn't get a schedule of Halloween events like we did last year. Hmmmmm.... Not sure how I feel about all this.

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

My memory is bad but I don't remember seeing Red Stripe in bottles at csa in years, I'm just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    My memory is bad but I don't remember seeing Red Stripe in bottles at csa in years, I'm just sayin.
    Bottles at a resort where people walk around barefoot is a bad idea. I stepped on glass last year outside of our room and cut my foot up pretty bad. It was that dark red stripe bottle glass. You could see every place I walked for hours because of the blood trail.

WOW! Not happy to hear about these changes!! Especially like you said the prices are going up. Do they still have Grey Goose vodka at the martini bar?

We were there in August for our first time and had just come from CN. All I can say is that we wanted to go back to CN as fast as we could.

They had no Bailey's either just Rum Creme.....YUCK. Try to get a Diet Pepsi in the mini bar in your room. You will think you are asking for one of their first born or something. Not a problem at CN

Apparently a lot has changed at CSA and none of it is for the better. Service has some serious issues. Like when you call maintenance for a clogged toilet and he shows up with a flashlight to fix it. WHAT!?!

We're do there next month (actually 16 days 9 hrs 39 min, but whose counting..... ME ) for our 6th trip to CSA . We were wondering about other things, not just the booze issue, for we are not really there for the drinks. My question is. what restaurants are open for breakfast, is Patois still open for breakfast, lunch and dinner? According to the web site it is not open for breakfast anymore only dinner. I will surely miss my stuff french toast.

Maybe this is something only Randymon can answer? I just thought since you said that you were there right now (yookster) that maybe you could tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by csaandcountingdown View Post
    We're do there next month (actually 16 days 9 hrs 39 min, but whose counting..... ME ) for our 6th trip to CSA . We were wondering about other things, not just the booze issue, for we are not really there for the drinks. My question is. what restaurants are open for breakfast, is Patois still open for breakfast, lunch and dinner? According to the web site it is not open for breakfast anymore only dinner. I will surely miss my stuff french toast.

Maybe this is something only Randymon can answer? I just thought since you said that you were there right now (yookster) that maybe you could tell me.
    Patois was open for breakfast lunch and dinner last year at this time. It is probably just the seasonal lower occupancy patois closings you had heard of.

Delete
    Last edited by yookster; November 6th, 2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: To delete post

CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

So Randymon can you confirm or deny these changes? I've talked 3 other couples into coming with us next year to CSA and I don't want to have to change plans. I loved having a good beer (Heineken) once and a while. Red Stripe is good, but it's great to have variety especially when you are paying that much. Please say these observations are just a glitch and not the norm.

Anyone???? What is going on down there

We were there two years ago and never saw red stripe in a bottle it was only draught at that time, so maybe you were lucky on your first trip. Do to the hurricane I bet they are having a hard time getting imports into the island.

The only bottles of beer I recall at CSA were in the sports bar across the road and in our mini bar. I had a Heineken at the sports bar last summer but I don't recall what kind of beer was in our mini bar. I am not a big beer guy and Red Stripe is low on my list of beer preferences. We had no problem getting top shelf vodka or anything else, other than a mysterious shortage of coconut rum last summer. There was not a bottle to be found on the whole resort while we were there.

For my 2 cents, I think you guys are making way too much of the liquor selection and the containers it is poured from. But that's just me.

We too are here now, and yes there have been a number of changes; none of them positive unless they allow the resort to survive in a tougher economy. We've been repeating for many years and there is a noticeable decline, less gradual this year than others.

I too haven't seen RS in bottles for years, probably the same time I last saw lamb chops in Patois!

There is GG in the martini bar, but I've been told that it, like the already gone flavored Absolute vodkas, and nearly gone Glenlivet, will be gone once the stock is exhausted. They still have top shelf liquor, just not as high. It's been explained as a change in jamaican tax policies.

B, L and D are all severed in Patois. The menus haven't changed much, but there is a lowering in the quality of the meat and produce.

The beach is still as amazing as ever, it was cleaned up and put back together within days of the storms end.

The staff is as friendly as ever, though the entertainment crew is all new (except Skippy!) so they're still figuring out the routine.

Couples Negril has a different vibe, and I've heard that the changes at CSA are being applied chain wide. Lee's been around quite a bit this week and I hope to talk with him now that the storm crisis is mostly over.

I just returned from CSA on Sunday. The Silver Birds did play on Thursday after the hurricane when they were supposed to play on Wednesday. Not sure about the beer issue since it was our first time there and we did not bother going to the martini bar since we dont drink martinis. Not sure why people complain about the resorts type of beer they server or how they serve it. We had no issues with anything even when the hurricane was hitting. Stop complaining and enjoy yourself. You are going there for a reason and its not for the type of beer or if it is in a bottle or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kremit80 View Post
    I just returned from CSA on Sunday. The Silver Birds did play on Thursday after the hurricane when they were supposed to play on Wednesday. Not sure about the beer issue since it was our first time there and we did not bother going to the martini bar since we dont drink martinis. Not sure why people complain about the resorts type of beer they server or how they serve it. We had no issues with anything even when the hurricane was hitting. Stop complaining and enjoy yourself. You are going there for a reason and its not for the type of beer or if it is in a bottle or not.
    Thanks for the advice on something you know nothing about, especially since you never even went to the martini bar. Im sorry kremit80, i didnt realize you knew how we like to enjoy our vacation.. Before you continue judging me we have been coming here for a long time and I never said we don't enjoy yourselves. We simply said we are seeing a lot of changes and to us they DO make a difference and some of them we do not like especially when we have been coming here for 10 years, and now twice a year. My husband likes to have his beer on vacation and when you are expecting certain things it can be a little disappointing when they start changing, especially for repeaters that have been coming here for YEARS.

CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

They only time I have seen Red Stripe in a bottle is at the cocktail party before the repeater dinner and a long time ago in the mini fridge.

When we were there Sept 24th - Oct 1st (5th time) we saw several top shelf brands, albeit no Bailey's to my recollection. Grey Goose is still at the Martini bar according to my wife and I am a Bourbon drinker I can't speak to the other beer choices except the Sports bar usually has a decent selection. I also don't remember Red Stripe in bottles ever but I could be wrong... We still had the amazing time we expected and will be back next year!

csaandcountingdown - Patios was closed for breakfast sometime in August and early September due to the Beach Grill being rethatched from what I was told. But it was open for all 3 meals during our stay. Enjoy the stuffed french toast!

They always had Red Stripe in a bottle at the martini bar... I guess I should have been more clear. We are big Red Stripe light fans and my husband really looks forward to that cold beer at the Marinti bar. We enjoyed the Guiness which was also at the Martini bar but no longer and no Heinekin. We also like a variety and dont care for Carib at all. They still have the Grey Goose and Patois is still serving breakfast. They have the water jugs at the bars now for water. The only bottled water is in the stocked bar, which seems to be a good change in my opinion. The water is cold and always available. The food so far is actually very good. Better than last time we were here . We haven't noticed any other changes so far. We heard there were a
    lot but we haven't been exposed to them so far except for the beer change. We will post any changes we come across though.

CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

Patois was closed low season for breakfast and lunch. It reopened for all three meals September 17. Thy had grey goose at the martini bar. Bottles of beer at sports bar and in your mini bar.

mini bar has canned Caribe only which I don't like the taste at all

Quote Originally Posted by zaraforty View Post
    mini bar has canned Caribe only which I don't like the taste at all
    Some people actually do like the taste of Carib. I think there are maybe three or four in the northern hemisphere.

Botteled beer, glasses, etc. plus beach, pool = cut feet, not cool.

Who remembers the days of coming out to the beach in the morning and the sand is all raked and grated so beautifully. This is our third time in one year here and the beach has just been an absolute mess.
    Palms also changes their dinner menu every other day rather than every day. Not a bad change though in my opinion. They're plenty of awesome places to eat. And like I said in my original post, the food is amazing. Even better than our last couple trips.
    The swim up pool is closed. They are remodeling the whole thing. Not sure how long it will take them but it needed it. The staff is as wonderful as usual.
    Last edited by yookster; November 3rd, 2012 at 09:37 AM.

CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

Spiff, I wonder if they actually try to make that stuff taste so gastly? Say Hi to MB for me.

Caribe is horrible. That has been noted on several exit surveys....no change. My wife thinks it is a by product of the cement that is made there.....named Caribe.....just sayin
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast