Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1

    Default Who Do you Book through?

    Just wondering who everyone books their trip with? over the internet, with a travel agent, Im looking to stay as css in a beachfront place, a or b building. And are there any tips on getting an early arrival and a late departure flight? Thanks for any input you may have.

    Steve

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Book through our airline.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve&Janice View Post
    Just wondering who everyone books their trip with? over the internet, with a travel agent, Im looking to stay as css in a beachfront place, a or b building. And are there any tips on getting an early arrival and a late departure flight? Thanks for any input you may have.

    Steve
    Hi Steve,

    We booked on the Couples website and when you get to the part about airfare you can click the drop down tab for other flights and choose something more convienient for you.

    When I went to the travel agent they quoted me a price almost 500$ more than what was being offered on the couples site. Through other internet sites I noticed I would have to book airfare separately and it was 200$ more expensive and didn't include as many perks as booking through Couples. If you sign up for email notifications with Couples you can get some great deals too.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    Book over the Internet and get a package deal (hotel and air) much better price this way.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12

    Default

    TA on the Internet.

  6. #6

    Default

    Travel agent ...because of the price and the service.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    169

    Default

    We always always always use a travel agent! It never costs us a penny more and she does all of the work. Plus travel agents usually have a better chance of getting you the room you want because resorts want them to keep sending clients. Also if anything were to happen with the trip (canceled flights, getting bumped or in our case several years ago an outbreak of swine flu) it is nice to know we have someone on our side that can get it fixed.

  8. #8

    Default All travel agencies are not the same

    We always use a reputable travel agency to book our trips. They always match any price I can find whether online, at the airline, or the resort itself. They offer valuable tips as well. We have used the same travel agency for many years.

    Quote Originally Posted by TADiodati View Post
    Hi Steve,

    We booked on the Couples website and when you get to the part about airfare you can click the drop down tab for other flights and choose something more convienient for you.

    When I went to the travel agent they quoted me a price almost 500$ more than what was being offered on the couples site. Through other internet sites I noticed I would have to book airfare separately and it was 200$ more expensive and didn't include as many perks as booking through Couples. If you sign up for email notifications with Couples you can get some great deals too.

  9. #9

    Default

    I got the best deal by far using online travel site saved over $700 over the airline's direct package

  10. #10

    Default

    I book online. We usually use frequent flyer miles to get our airfare.

  11. #11

    Default

    Hi Guys,

    We book through a Travel Agent, but the price differs from agent to agent.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    470

    Default

    I search and search and search to find the best deal then I call my TA to book it. When it comes to Couples I usually have my TA book through Couples. WHY?

    Because we do the Love Away Plan when the early booking comes out. Then IF a better deal comes along she will have Couples do the price match. Which we are doing today! You need to ASK your TA though if she will do the Price Match though once the package is booked. Some TA's might charge a change fee.

    We have used the same TA for the past 3 years so we have a good working relationship with her. Once you find a good TA stick with them!

  13. #13

    Default

    We've used an agent and online travel site, and they both worked fine.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    70

    Default

    I used online travel site. I shopped around for months (including a travel agent) and it was the best price for flights and hotel. The price went down $100 2 days after I bought it, so I called them. They refunded me $100 and gave me a $50 gift cert.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Have always used a travel agent for mostly the same reason as photochick. They also use a package deal and have always been cheaper than going through couples. I've tried booking both ways. They usually can get better airline flights also. Once a good travel agent knows you, they know what you need and will keep checking on the best deals for you.

  16. #16

    Default

    Thanks everyone Steve and I booked our trip yesterday online. Think we found a pretty good deal too. We will be at Couples Sans Souci January 21st to 28th! This will be our first trip to Jamaica and a Couples resort - really excited to meet some new people as everyone sounds really great!

    Janice

  17. #17

    Default

    We've been using a travel agent for years. Great service and I've shopped around and can't find a better price,

  18. #18

    Default

    Thanks For the input, In the past I have used a travel agent, this time I saw a great deal online and booked it right away! Thanks for the input everyone.

  19. #19

    Default

    I book the resort through a Wednesday Special on the resort website. I check back weekly to make sure the price hasn't decreased. On my current booking, it did, and couples knocked that price off our love away plan. I book our flight with online travel site, with another best price guarantee. Two years ago, I was able to get our flight lowered by finding a cheaper one.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    We booked through Couples our first trip, a travel agent on our 2nd trip & We used a friend of ours who is an online TA for our 3rd trip, she matched other agents price, we got a heck of a great deal!!!!!!!! We book airfare separately, we usually book with WestJet direct for our flight, the time of year we go, they have seasonal flights (out of Canada), they are great prices, the last time we were two of 12 people on the entire plane. It was the last flight of the season so not many people booked due to the airline not having a return flight the following week. We booked our flight home through Air Canada & it worked out perfect. Nothing like having the plane to yourself!!! The flight attendants told us just to sit wherever we wanted & to take up all three seats & get comfy!!!! The flight leaves at midnight so we are in Jamaica by 6 A.M. & have the entire first day at the resort!!!!!!!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by photochick View Post
    We always always always use a travel agent! It never costs us a penny more and she does all of the work. Plus travel agents usually have a better chance of getting you the room you want because resorts want them to keep sending clients. Also if anything were to happen with the trip (canceled flights, getting bumped or in our case several years ago an outbreak of swine flu) it is nice to know we have someone on our side that can get it fixed.
    Exactly!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

  22. #22

    Default

    I booked our honeymoon through a travel agent
    Going to CSA June 3-10, 2013.


    Can't wait

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    348

    Default

    We always book directly through the resort when special promotions are offered - even if it is a year or more out. It seems like the best airline prices show up about 6 months before the trip. The simple act of booking the trip is exciting... at that point, I know we'll probably pay just about anything toward airfare to get there!
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •