Default Tennis Question CSA

Are there any tennis clinics on the weekends at CSA? If not, can you book a private lesson? One last question, would 3.5 -4.0 USTA tennis rating be considered intermediate or advanced for the clinics? Thank You!

Not sure about which clinic you would need to go to, but they have plenty of them with beginner, intermediate, and advanced all represented each day. You can also take private lessons everyday and that is included! The sports complex is the best one on the island. If you want the private lesson, just book it. Enjoy CSA. It's our favorite.

Thank you Margi! we love CSA. This will be our 4th time but we have never stayed over the weekend and I wasn't sure if the tennis schedule was the same as during the week.

We've been going to CSA primarily for the tennis each year for 12 years. Unfortunately, no morning clinic or Mix and Match in the afternoon on the weekends. You definitely will fit right in to the advanced, but then you can stay for the intermediate as well.
    Two suggestions:
    All tennis players are friendly; when you meet folks on a Friday, ( or at clinic ) ask around who wants to hit or play some games after clinic, or on the weekend.
    Also, since each of you can book a half hour per day for a lesson, why not play with a local pro for an hour ( with you and your partner ), or better find another guest and play doubles for 1 and a half hours.

Hi cosroky,

I may be misremembering, but I believe the tennis clinics, like the round robins, are on weekdays only because they utilize the visiting pros to teach those. The private lessons are offered 7 days a week. During my 3 trips, most players just stayed for both the intermediate and advanced clinics in the mornings if the visiting pro was good. As a 3.5-4.0 player, whether you are a man or a woman, you will be fine for the level of any advanced clinic they offer. I am a 4.0 player on a regular day (4.5 on those few great days :-)). There were definitely many 3.0 players in the advanced clinics over the years. Generally, we would check out the visiting pro on our first morning there and decide how to proceed for the week based on the quality. The in-house pros are terrific. Hopeton is our favorite, but we have been impressed by all of them. The visiting pros have been hit or miss. We like to go to the clinics to meet other players. Even if the clinics don't turn out to be great, we get to do some game matching. We've also sometimes put together our own 90 minute clinics with the on-site pros by taking 3 of us and combining each of our half hour privates for a day. We have our 4th trip coming up too. Hope you have a great time!

When last we visited in March, the visiting pros conducted clinics during the week. Weekends are when new visiting pros travel/arrive. The resident pros are available for lessons every day. Be sure to sign up as soon as you arrive, as lessons early in the day book quickly. There is also a ball machine available. Just ask at the sports desk to have it set up at the time you prefer. Enjoy!

Sorry to disappoint you, but Hopton is no longer at CSA.

Quote Originally Posted by janeyb View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you, but Hopton is no longer at CSA.
    I am sorry to hear that, Janeyb! Thanks for sharing the info. We had grown very fond of Hopeton on our 3 trips to CSA. Do you know anything further about how he is doing or where he has gone? I know he was not a young man, and could not continue teaching tennis forever. He did still have young daughters, though, so I hope he is still employed and doing well.

You should either go to the advanced clinic or the intermediate not both. As an intermediate player I have had my sessions ruined by.. people selfishly doubling up.The sports complex manager should sort this out-- its been going on for a number of years and despite complaints nothing changes

Quote Originally Posted by supersaint View Post
    You should either go to the advanced clinic or the intermediate not both. As an intermediate player I have had my sessions ruined by.. people selfishly doubling up.The sports complex manager should sort this out-- its been going on for a number of years and despite complaints nothing changes
    Though this may be something worth sorting out, I don't think it's a matter of guests being selfish. In my 3 stays, the visiting pros always explicitly invited the advanced players to stay on for the intermediate clinic. I can see your point of how that might overwhelm an intermediate clinic. However, again, there were always plenty of intermediate players in the advanced clinics, which I guess is ultimately an issue with self-rating. Maybe they should just combine them because I don't see guests sorting themselves properly by level.