Default Logging in question

Why do I have to log in at every post I want to reply to? What am I doing wrong??? It is a time comsuming hassle to have to put in my user name and password everytime I want to reply. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hit the remember me.

Quote Originally Posted by Denise_Chef View Post
    It is a time comsuming hassle to have to put in my user name and password everytime I want to reply. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    That is exactly what you had to do on the old message board.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

I do hit the remember me but I still have to re-register everytime I want to do something. I know on the old board you had to add your name and password after each post, but this is requiring me to put info in 1st then again???

I believe, that you may want to try enabling cookies. I would be able to login successfully once, and then it wouldn't let me login after that, it would say I logged in, then reload and it wouldn't show me as logged in. I'm on a work PC, so I had to enable cookies. Maybe this will help?

Quote Originally Posted by Denise_Chef View Post
    I do hit the remember me but I still have to re-register everytime I want to do something. I know on the old board you had to add your name and password after each post, but this is requiring me to put info in 1st then again???
    Hi Denise...I am having the same problem...I have used many message boards and have had this same problem from time to time...if I recall it is an issue w/ your security settings...but I am challenged when it comes to the computer and I cannot remember exactly what you need change...maybe somebody else will help us out

I just want to thank everyone for all of the suggestions. I will keep trying and I am sure I will figure it out eventually.LOL Thanks again.

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/

Put that in the box then click "Allow"

Default I'm having the same issues

I e-mailed support & the only suggestion I got from them other than to mark the remember me box (which I was already doing) was to delete my browsing history, cookies, etc. on my Internet Explorer. I did that but it still keeps making me sign in over & over even when I'm shown as signed in. Every single thing I go to do, I have to sign in again. Pretty much every single time the screen changes, it asks for me to login & sometimes it will never take my sign on & tells me to refresh page & sign on. The only thing I can do when it does this is close out of Internet Explorer & come back in. Sometimes it works & sometimes still nothing. I'm REALLY getting discouraged with this. I want to use smiley faces not frowny ones.

Closing down your browser, then opening it and logging again almost always clears up thing. Also, check 'Remember me?' when you log in.

Please note: If you are taking turns logging into the message board on the same computer with another person, login conflicts can happen.

Both need to click 'logout' when finished using the message board. Otherwise, when the second person logs in, the 'cookies' that keep track of who you are can conflict. They won't know who is who.

A workaround is to have one person use Internet Explorer to login and the other use Firefox, Safari or Chrome [other free web browsers]. Since each browser has its own separate cookie jar there will be no login conflict.

Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Also KrisJamie's note regarding privacy setting's is excellent. The cookies at the heart of this new system add much to what can be done but also create problems now and then.

Not on is KrisJamie a great photographer he/she knows their computers too!

i did what you showed above, and it worked finally!
    thanks so much! now it remembered me, even when i came back hours later.

Default I'm Giving It A Try

KrisJamie - I've tried what you suggested so now lets see if it works. I'll let you know. Hope so because I'm gonna miss the MB & all you nice people if I can't use it. Fingers crossed!!!!
    Julie

Default It worked!!!!!

KrisJamie - THANKS SO MUCH!!! Your suggestion worked & now I can use smiley faces again. Hot Diggity Dog!!!! I've tried to spread the word to others that are having the same issues.

Now if someone can just tell me how to resize my picture for my profile page. I resize it & it makes it fuzzy. Me & technology are not friends, if you can't tell.
    Julie

Thanks y'all. Glad to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxernie View Post

Now if someone can just tell me how to resize my picture for my profile page. I resize it & it makes it fuzzy. Me & technology are not friends, if you can't tell.
    Are you an XP or Vista user?

Check the suggestions here: http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=180

Both programs will resize without too much degradation.

Default I Did It All By Myself

OMG - I did all by myself .............. I was able to resize my photo without it being fuzzy without any help from anyone. Not sure what I did different than what I had been doing but I'm not going to question it when miracles happen. Maybe I can do this.
    Julie