Default Lettering So small

Why is the lettering so small and so light in color? Makes it very hard to read.
    Dianavr

It's hell getting old. You might need reading glasses. I'm just starting to need them and have to use them if there's not really good light and if text is really small (like on a map).
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

crabracers Guest

I know what you mean about the light colors and about the size of the print. Here is something that may help you, at least with the size issue. At the bottom of this page, on the right hand size, there is a number with a % sign. If you click the small arrow to the right of that number, you will be able to increase or derease text size.

I hope this helps

Richie

Hope this helps

Richie

Quote Originally Posted by dianavr View Post
    Why is the lettering so small and so light in color? Makes it very hard to read.
    Your lettering looks huge to me. If you look under the View menu in your browser there is a setting to adjust the Zoom or Text Size. It is possible that yours is set too low. Just a thought.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

crabracers Guest

I posted a reply to this question called, "size and color". I'm sure that will grab their attention. For some reason, I saw the name snib_rock as the person who posted. I have searched for that name over and over, and I still may have missed it. Or, it just could be another "senior moment". Anyway, I agree with you. A darker text would be help full.

Glad you made it over to the new board. Did I see your name on a CTI list?

Richie

Richie, I will going to CTI this coming Monday for 2 weeks. To the other people who posted I'm not talking about when I write I'm talking about the message board posts & the dates of the posts.
    Dianavr

Quote Originally Posted by dianavr View Post
    Richie, I will going to CTI this coming Monday for 2 weeks. To the other people who posted I'm not talking about when I write I'm talking about the message board posts & the dates of the posts.
    This was what I was talking about also.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

Quote Originally Posted by crabracers View Post
    At the bottom of this page, on the right hand size, there is a number with a % sign. If you click the small arrow to the right of that number, you will be able to increase or derease text size.
    To let all know, what Richie is talking about is only on the Internet Explorer web browser.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

Thanks Jeff. I thought maybe my eye sight was so bad that I couldnt see the number with a % sign. Any tips on how us firefox users can make the board easier to read?

Quote Originally Posted by crabracers View Post
    I posted a reply to this question called, "size and color". I'm sure that will grab their attention. For some reason, I saw the name snib_rock as the person who posted. I have searched for that name over and over, and I still may have missed it. Or, it just could be another "senior moment". Anyway, I agree with you. A darker text would be help full.

Glad you made it over to the new board. Did I see your name on a CTI list?

Richie
    Snib_Rock would be me...but I didn't post it. I posted one ealier today asking about the travel insurance, but it seems that it never got posted????

Quote Originally Posted by mshell View Post
    Thanks Jeff. I thought maybe my eye sight was so bad that I couldnt see the number with a % sign. Any tips on how us firefox users can make the board easier to read?
    Everyone,

Here are some tips that will help some of you with viewing the small text on this and other webpages. I will try to explain this a simply as I can.

If you use Firefox or Internet Explorer as your web browser:
    In the main menu bar go to View / Zoom / Zoom In or you can simply hold the CTRL key and push + to zoom in, also hold the CTRL key and push - to zoom out.

Here are some screenshots:

For Firefox

For Internet Explorer

Learning to hold the CTRL key and push + (plus key) to zoom in and holding the CTRL key and pushing the - (minus key) to zoom out is the simplest way.

Hopefully this will help out some users having a hard time reading the smaller text.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

This isn't so small

Another tip to go along with Jeff's is that if you have a mouse with a scroll wheel, hold the CTRL key and roll the wheel one click at a time to change the view inside your browser.

I guess the real question is how do we get all the posts on a particular thread to be at least readable size (for those of us over 40?)

Jeff - I think you need to go over to the old board and give a tutoring lesson. There are some desperate people over there who need help.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Try either suggestion Jeff and I have provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovjamaica View Post
    I guess the real question is how do we get all the posts on a particular thread to be at least readable size (for those of us over 40?)
    You will be unable to change the font size that others have posted in so use the zoom feature that I and KrisJamie have suggested.
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos

Ok, I am sorry that you all have been dealing with these issues. Just know that even if I haven't responded I have obviously moderated your post so I am aware of the problem and working with tech to figure it out.

We have decided to remove the font sizing. you should see the diffrence right away depending on your browser setting, but in internet explorer click view > Font size
    You can set it from smallest to largest
    That way you can determine what works best for you.

Let me know if this is clear and that it works.
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Romance Rewards and Preferred Agency Program
    Couples Resorts!

firefox is
    Prefrences > Content > Default font
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Couples Resorts!

Correction, you can still choose font sizes. Just those of you who are having problems viewing the font you can fix it in your browser by following the instructions above.

Sorry, for the confusion
    Regards,
    Seandymon
    Couples Resorts!

On the message board under the date of posting the lettering there is too small and to light in color so that is hard to read. Re-setting our browsers doesn't effect this. This needs to be done on your end.
    Dianavr