Default Waterskiing (or NOT) at CSA

Just wondering if anyone can update me on the waterskiing situation at CSA.

I love to SKI, and waterskiing and scuba diving are the main reasons we go to CSA (other than the obvious great resort, food, beach, sports facility, etc).

Was there for 2 weeks over the summer, and was VERY disappointed to find out that the Mastercraft was out of service (and had been for 18 months!) The G-Spot (which really was a joke for skiing anyway) was permanently laid to rest, and the only solution was to shuttle to CN (on the CARINA which was also in it's final death throws) which basically killed most of the day. Come to think of it, the dive boat was DOA as well. Sitting and watching all the Mastercrafts from Beaches & Sandals go by on the glassy bay was torture. Honestly, I've never heard so many lame excuses in my life.

I see lots of complaints because they didn't have this martini, or that beer available. Well what about a "high end" resort that boasts of watersports, and doesn't seem to be able to keep a boat in the water. I'm in the process of booking my winter holidays, and would like an honest answer as to what boats are actually in the water and running, and what contingency plan they have when the boats have the inevitable 'mechanical' problems.

I think I remember someone posting that they bought a new ski boat.

I'm here now and there have been people waterskiing

The ski boat was out yesterday and seemed to be going all day. There is a new scuba boat that is very nice. The old one sunk. There was a HUGE yellow catamaran that came yesterday. Apparently they had so many people going they had to sent a larger catamaran. It was really nice though. So from what I can tell all the boats are operational.
    We have seen Lee's son around a lot. From what we have heard the passing to the new generation is beginning.

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

New 46' Newton and a new Captain.....and the "Best" scuba team on the island awaits you!!!
    Now waterskiing????...that is another issue....no mastercraft our last visit in August!

I was there in September and went skiing everyday... Was awesome. They also have a brand new beautiful dive boat.

Is there any water skiing at CSS?

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the responses.

Good to know that they finally got the new dive boat up and running. Also good to know that they are actually water-skiing. The real question is: WHAT ARE THEY USING FOR A SKI BOAT? Is it a proper ski boat (like a MasterCraft - with an inboard engine, or is it a beat up tub with with an out board engine (like the G-Spot). If anyone's there right now, please look at the boat and see if it has a big honking engine hanging over the back? Or better still ask someone at the watersports if it's a MasterCraft.