Default is CN a party place?

We're trying to plan our 2nd trip to Jamaica. The first was at COR in 2007. We had the best time. This time, I REALLY want to party (I'm a stay at home mom) and let loose. So, I just want to find out if CN is a good place for that? I'm talking drinking, dancing, etc. I just want to make sure it's not "too laid back," as I keep reading in reviews.

sure get there get nekkid get your " drink on" and have fun you spend your $$ why not light the place up....CN much more so then CSA ..

I think that CN is pretty laid back & I personally would not consider it a "party" resort. Guess it depends some on what the other guests are like that are there when you are, though. We are very early risers while at CN (I'm out & about by 6:30 am) & with a full day of sun & rum drinks, we're usually in bed by 9:00 or 10:00 so don't see much "party" action. I know that there is some but when we've talked to other guests while there, there are a lot of folks that turn in early like us & not so many that party into the wee hours.
    Julie

We've been to CN 12 times. Every so often, someone has too much to drink and makes a complete jackass out of himself/herself. It's generally not appreciated by the other guests. Fortunately, most of the time, CN is quiet and tranquil; it's place where couples go to reconnect and to enjoy a romantic vacation together. Thankfully, it's not a "party place."
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

TPink,

I cannot compare CN to COR, but I can compare it to CSA and another AI in Runaway Bay. We feel that CN has the best atmosphere that is conducive to meeting others. Thought there is only one main pool area, it tends to congregate people together. Once you see the same people a few times a day (at the pool bar), it seems like people get to know each other quicker. As a result, more people socialize (and drink) together at night. Of course, the level of drinking and dancing is all dependent upon who the clientelle are during your stay.

Anyway, I would definitely recommend trying CN as we are returning with two other couples taht we met there 4 years ago. We have been on vacation with them every year since! Have fun!

-beachbums

On our last trip to CN, we met six other couples on the shuttle bus from the airport and we hit it off immediately. We had one big party the whole week. We had so much fun. I can't begin to tell you about it all. You will often see a group that is having a great time-you can just jump in and join them. Everyone is friendly. You are going to love it!

CN can be anything you want it to be, but a flat out party place in the true sense of the word not so much.....but can you have fun and party YES!

Hi Tiffany,

Frist, I think that you make your own fun and I think just not being with the kids all day or worrying about them you will be able to let loose where ever you are, I know that my daughter-in-law does.

When we were at CN a couple of weeks ago there were a lot of people partying and cutting loose. There were a whole bunch in the pool bar in the afternoon, some that cut loose more then I think they really meant to once the Bob Marley's wore off. There is always something going on in the piano bar. Dancing, karoke, games, music etc at night.

But I would not consider CN a big party resort, not like the S resorts or H. We think it is very laid back but we always have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    We've been to CN 12 times. Every so often, someone has too much to drink and makes a complete jackass out of himself/herself. It's generally not appreciated by the other guests. Fortunately, most of the time, CN is quiet and tranquil; it's place where couples go to reconnect and to enjoy a romantic vacation together. Thankfully, it's not a "party place."
    any pics did anyone point and laugh? was he wearing crocs?

Here's what Randymon had to say in response to a poster who wanted to know if Couples was a good choice for a big group of people, some of whom were rowdy:

"[Couples has] some very passionate guests who would not be happy with overly 'rowdy' people at 'their' Couples Resort. There is an unwritten expectation about behavior at our resorts and the word 'rowdy' does not align with this expectation. . . . [O]ur resorts are not designed for those with a 'party til you drop' mentality. We would ask that you moderate your activities so as not to disturb those guests looking for a romantic holiday."
    Last edited by Pamela; September 11th, 2009 at 01:22 PM.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

TiffanyPink,

As others have said, CN can be whatever you make it. There is quiet and tranquil for those who want that, but don't let them scare you because there are opportunities to party as well. It's all in who you meet and hang out with.

Last March at CN, we hung out with a group of couples who we had either met previously or on the message board. Before we went, we used the message board to organize a theme for each night we were there, such as a toga party, a PJ party, and a birthday party. There were nights we were out until 2:00 to 4:00 in the morning.

Stay active on the message board and I guarantee that you'll meet some fun couples.
    Last edited by jamaican_junkie; February 17th, 2010 at 02:28 PM.

They were wearing crocs!! Hot pink ones with one black and one white sock. It was the talk of the resort. LMAO!!!!
    Kristen

Default CN Partying

Hi! Great to hear you are getting the chance to get away and not be Mom for a week.. It's so nice to be your old self with your hubby and let loose.
    As for whether or not CN is a party resort I would say .. Yes you can party.. but I will follow that with ..No, this is not a party resort. You can hook up with like minded people and party but it is not a vibe the whole resort will be following. It does quiet down fairly early.
    Someone always has a party going.. If you don't mind it being with a smaller group of drinking , dancing fun seekers, then go for it. If you are looking for a resort that is shakin' the rafters 'till all hours, then CN is not the place.
    I've stood behind a bar for 25 years.. believe me when I say.. you can drink, sing and dance ANYWHERE, all by yourself and have a BALL! I've seen it a million times.
    I say give it a try.. the magic of the grounds at night.. the sights, the smells, the tree frogs.. oh man.. you'll be hooked!!
    We leave in 94 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Enjoy!!

Thanks for the replies. We will definitely be going to CN!!