Default First time at CSA - wine, brandy and robe question.

Hi there, this will be our first time to Jamaica and a Couples resort. We are excited to
    try a new location. We have been to several of the larger resorts in Mexico and the
    Dominican Republic. Couples resorts looks like a good fit for us.

We are going in February and staying in an Atrium room. My question is, can I get a
    bottle of white wine delivered to the room? Do you call the front desk for this? My husband
    likes to have a nice glass of brandy at night, does anyone know what type of brandy they have?
    Also do all the rooms have robes?

We have known no one who has been to a Couples. Looking forward to seeing what they are
    all about. Thank you!

Yes all rooms have robes, white, sparkling and red wine can be ordered daily through your mini air ( sign up for Romance rewards beforehand, and you can order all this prior to arrival). Not sure of what types of brandy bother offer, but you can stop at patois, aura othe martini bar and ask foe a glass or two and take them with you. Patois was steps from our room, and I stopped ineachneveningon our way home for a snifter of grand marnier

Quote Originally Posted by rgveld View Post
    Hi there, this will be our first time to Jamaica and a Couples resort. We are excited to
    try a new location. We have been to several of the larger resorts in Mexico and the
    Dominican Republic. Couples resorts looks like a good fit for us.

We are going in February and staying in an Atrium room. My question is, can I get a
    bottle of white wine delivered to the room? Do you call the front desk for this? My husband
    likes to have a nice glass of brandy at night, does anyone know what type of brandy they have?
    Also do all the rooms have robes?

We have known no one who has been to a Couples. Looking forward to seeing what they are
    all about. Thank you!
    I can help with 2 of your questions - white wine is one of the options for your mini bar, so just fill in the mini bar form to request it. I'm not a fan of the Couples House White (a bland semillon/chardonnay mix) and usually ask for a bottle of sparkling wine instead (I take a champagne stopper with me because the bottle will not stand upright in the mini bar). The upgraded white wine you will get at Feathers is much better but this is not an option for your mini bar. Robes are provided in all of the rooms. Cant help re the brandy. My husband is a brandy drinker but in Jamaica drinks Appletons VX after diner. Hope this helps.

The room have robes. You can request to have wine with your minibar options. Not sure about the brandy.
    You are going to love CSA. It's beautiful and romantic. Great choice.

He likes Brandy huh?? You must be from Wisconsin!! Hello fello Badger if so!!!

Here is a list from CN that is a few years old but I have to imagine is pretty accurate today. There is some cognac on the list, which I can personally attest as there last year (and was very good ). Enjoy your trip.

WHISKEY
    Canadian Club –Canadian
    Chivas Regal Special – Scotch
    Dewar’s White Label – Scotch
    Crown Royal
    Glenlivet –Scotch
    J&B Rare –Scotch
    Jack Daniels – Tennessee
    Jameson –Irish
    Jim Beam – Bourbon
    JW Black Label –Scotch
    JW Red Label –Scotch
    Seagrams VO – Canadian
    Teachers -Scotch

BRANDY/COGNAC
    Courvoisier VSOP –Cognac
    Hennesy VS – Cognac
    Napolean Brandy Blended
    Remy Martin

GIN
    Beefeater Dry
    Gordon’s / Silver Top
    Newport Gin
    Tanqueray

VODKA
    Absolut
    Absolut Citron
    Smirnoff
    Kirov / Spasskaya
    Stolichnaya

RUM
    Appleton Special
    Appleton V/X
    Appleton White
    Bacardi
    Overproof Rum
    Coconut Rum
    White Label
    Bucaneer

LIQUERS
    Amaretto – Lillifield
    Apricot Brandy – Lillifield
    B & B
    Bailey’s Irish Cream
    Blue Curacoa – Lillifield
    Blue Mountain Coffee Mist
    Blackberry Brandy
    Cherry Brandy
    Cointreau
    -------------------
    Crème De Banana
    Crème De Cacao – Bm
    Crème De Cacao - White
    Crème De Menthe – Green
    Crème De menthe – White
    Drambuie
    Frangelico
    Galliano
    Grand Marnier
    Peach Schnapps
    Rum Cream
    Rumona
    Sambuca Romana
    Southern Comfort
    Tia Maria
    Triple Sec White

APPERTIF
    Campari
    Martini Rosso
    Martini Extra Dry
    Pernod
    Fernet Branca

DISTILLED SPIRITS
    Durango Gold
    Durango Silver

SHERRY
    Harvey’s Bristol Cream

FORTIFIED WINE
    Porto Cruz

You can request white wine or sparkling wine for your minibar. There's a sheet you fill out when you arrive.

There are nice light weight robes in all of the rooms.

I don't drink brandy, but for nice "higher end" liquor, you can try Feathers for dinner or the Martini Bar outside of Lemongrass.

And even if you don't ordinarily like to dress up, please be sure to bring appropriate clothing to try Feathers at least once - the food is really good!!

Enjoy your time at CSA!!!

Yes there is house wine in the room, but I'm sure if you want an upgraded bottle they would be glad to supply it for you but you may have pay for it. Not sure on the brandy types as we don't drink brandy, but seeing as they do have alot top shelf liquor throughout the resort(especially at the piano bar and the martini bar)I'm sure you could find what you are looking for! My husband would always stop at the martini bar at the Palms(upsatirs) and get his snifter of Amaretto and take it back to our room for the evening! No problem mon!!
    Robes are in the closets, one for each of you and you may purchase them to take home if you care to! They are very comfortable!!
    You'll love your stay at CSA, so relax, enjoy and start thinking about when you'd love to return!
    38 days till we return for our 5th visit! Already booked for 2013!!

I was wondering the same thing about the wine at San Souci . Also is there a wine list somewhere that I can see what wines are available before we go in April .

You can order white wine in your in-room mini-bar.

Bob usually gets cognac, which is fancy Brandy. They have Couvosier, that's what Bob usually gets. I've also seen Remy Martin.

Yes, there are robes in every room.

Thank you for your responses. I have already signed up for the Romance Rewards.

Good idea about the wine stopper. I do travel with a cork opener. Always prepared!

Sounds like my husband will be happy with the brandy choice. We are not from Wisconsin, but we drive through it lots
    to get to Grand Rapids, MI where I grew up. We live north of International Falls, Mn, the icebox capital! One of the reasons we
    love to get away for a few days in the winter.

Glad that they have robes. I am already dreaming about sitting in my robe on the large porch and listening to the sounds of nature. Of course with drink in hand and cuddled in my husband's arms.

We don't mind dressing up. My husband is in construction, so it is nice to see him dressed up. Really looking forward to trying a Couples and seeing the beauty of Jamaica.
    Geneva

When I'm in Jamaca I drink Appleton VX after breakfast, before lunch, after lunch, in the afternoon, before dinner, at dinner and after dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by blondie56 View Post
    Yes there is house wine in the room, but I'm sure if you want an upgraded bottle they would be glad to supply it for you but you may have pay for it. Not sure on the brandy types as we don't drink brandy, but seeing as they do have alot top shelf liquor throughout the resort(especially at the piano bar and the martini bar)I'm sure you could find what you are looking for! My husband would always stop at the martini bar at the Palms(upsatirs) and get his snifter of Amaretto and take it back to our room for the evening! No problem mon!!
    Robes are in the closets, one for each of you and you may purchase them to take home if you care to! They are very comfortable!!
    You'll love your stay at CSA, so relax, enjoy and start thinking about when you'd love to return!
    38 days till we return for our 5th visit! Already booked for 2013!!
    So are you telling me to get a good bottle of wine I would have to pay extra ???? Thought alchol was included .

NSfolks - alcohol IS included, including several different varieties of wine. However, like every other AI that I know of, premium wines are extra. Can you imagine how much more expensive the resort would be if they included $65 bottles of wine in the AI package? The wines at Feathers and LemonGrass are a little bit higher end than those you can order for your mini-bar.