Default When is the best time of the year to visit Jamaica?

We want to plan our return trip to Jamaica and want some advice on when to visit. We went in May of 2012 it was a little warm but was nice. We want a little cooler weather but still warm enough for ocean and pool time and want to avoid the hurricane season! Any suggestions??

We are preparing for our 7th trip to Jamaica and have always gone the week prior to or the week following Thanksgiving. The weather has always been great at this time of year and well out of hurricane season. I think the only downside with going this time of year are the shorter days.

Hi,
    From our perspective -- Jan through Dec -- i.e., anytime. Based on what you stated would say Nov through March/early April. And during this time period, CSS and CTI side would generally be a little cooler. We try to go to CN and CSA in late Fall (Nov/Dec) and to CSS in late Spring ( April/May). We avoid hurricane season since we have lived in hurricane country for many years.

The best time to go is November to April. We have been there all these months and December was the best weather for us. Just stay away from huricane season.

Life is good

We've had the best weather in February, that's why it's also the most expensive.

I can only speak for the weather at CSA, but we have gone 2 times from Nov 5-12 and haven't had any issues. We just got back last night and the weather was great except for 1 day with some winds. I'd say play it save and try to go mid-November though, that way you won't hit the tail end of hurricane season.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Smith Jones View Post
    We want to plan our return trip to Jamaica and want some advice on when to visit. We went in May of 2012 it was a little warm but was nice. We want a little cooler weather but still warm enough for ocean and pool time and want to avoid the hurricane season! Any suggestions??

We go to CN at the end of January and the temps during the day are usually mid 80's and evenings are upper 70's. Great for us to get away from the snow & ice of PA. Coming back the week before the super bowl for trip #4.
    Irie

We always go around the first week of December, huricane season technically ends the end of November, and the rates are still on the "off" time. We have always found the weather to be great. But then we come from Wisconsin, and by that time it is always COLD.
    Linda

Jamaica Weather - Plan Your Ideal Holiday | Weather2Travel We always travel to Jamaica in February, expensive I know, but I dont like rain and it means missing the cold weather here at home!!

My opinion, for what it's worth--ANYTIME!! We go in July for two reasons: first, I am a teacher, we have a school aged child and our family is not close. So we go in July so that we can get him with family but not miss school. As much as I love Jamaica, I'm not willing to take unpaid days. Second, Hubby's plant shuts down the week are in Jamaica and he would have to take his vacation at that time regardless. Any other time, again 'unpaid'. So for now that is what works for us. But if I could, I would go anytime!
    Vicky

Thanksgiving week is always awesome weather.