Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default CN Mini-Bar -- Is This True?

Just read on TA that the mini-bar is no longer automatically refilled if you fill out the form. Instead, one must call for a refill and wait in the room to sign for it. I definitely do NOT want to spend my vacation sitting in my room waiting for someone to deliver Diet Pepsi or a bottle of wine so I can sign for it. Please someone tell me this is not true!!

Never worry... we just got back from CSS a month ago and yes the restocking system has changed. You call room service with your choices for the mini bar and they now deliver on demand. In the past, your order would be filled at some point, sometimes not till well after you returned to your room. Now you call and delivery is done right away. We ordered twice and it took no more than 7 to 8 minutes. There was no waiting as such. No worries mon!!!!

Sorry to disagree....at CN twice we waited over an hour then left our room...don't like the new system at all but really how can I complain about it taking too long to get my FREE alcohol.....LOL
    what concerned me more is that they have done away with some of the top shelf stuff at the bars.
    Personally I would rather pay let's say $50 per person per week when I book & keep everything the same. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Just my opinion.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Sorry to disagree....at CN twice we waited over an hour then left our room...don't like the new system at all but really how can I complain about it taking too long to get my FREE alcohol.....LOL
    what concerned me more is that they have done away with some of the top shelf stuff at the bars.
    Personally I would rather pay let's say $50 per person per week when I book & keep everything the same. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Just my opinion.
    Hi what top shelf stuff have they done away with and at which bars ?

Quote Originally Posted by elliemaybelle View Post
    Hi what top shelf stuff have they done away with and at which bars ?
    my wife likes Grand Manier floating on her margarita but no more. also we couldn't get any drinks with Tia Maria.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Oh no I only drink Tia Maria !

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Just my opinion.
    Which top shelf items did they get rid of? Which bars?

Hmm. But do you have to be in the room? I didn't care when they provided the refills -- after all, I'm at the beach/pool all day and, as long as it's there when I return, I'm happy! I don't want to have to be physically present or, quite frankly, to have to make a call.

The "old" system of filling out the form worked fine for us. This seems over-complicated.

Thoughts anyone?

What are the restocking times for CN? Because I would think you could just order your mini bar stuff while you are enjoying your morning coffee or order it after you get the in room breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Myapapya View Post
    What are the restocking times for CN? Because I would think you could just order your mini bar stuff while you are enjoying your morning coffee or order it after you get the in room breakfast.
    Some of us do not drink coffee and never have breakfast in the room. It seems stupid to me to miss the fantastic breakfast buffets and I think it would be a huge inconvenience to have to sit in the room for an hour waiting for the mini bar to be stocked.

[
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I have to agree with Wally on this one. The only time that we spend in our room during the morning/afternoon/evening is when we shower and clean up for dinner. I am not leaving Iowa in February to go sit inside. Feb will be our 4th trip to Couples and 3rd year in a row to CN. It will leave a bad taste in my mouth if I am expected to make a special trip to my room to call and wait for minibar service. I hope that management will remind themselves that there are many other places that we could go for much cheaper but we continue to patronize Couples due to the impeccable service and inclusions. Too many changes to this could tip the balance the other way for some budgets.
    Last edited by EricW; November 16th, 2012 at 12:33 PM.

The new procedure began in the middle of our CN stay in Sept. We never waited more that about 5 minutes and we were in block 9. It was no problem for us.

Probably a stupid question, but does this include CSA also?

Yes, it's true, and I've talked to people that are both at CN now and some who just returned. The census is that it works better, because it's on-demand and you don't have to worry about the restocking cart not having some of the items you requested. The wait is only like 10 minutes or less.

Hi novastar!
    Thanks for your comments! I have to admit I'm still a bit worried.....If you recently returned from CSS, you and your significant other were there during the low/slow season. Our next trip to CSS will be during the period between Christmas and over New Year's--when the resort will be at capacity. I hope that they are able to maintain that quick turnaround when the resort is full.......

Thanks again!
    suzyQ
    Last edited by suzyQ; November 15th, 2012 at 01:04 PM.

This was the first time we have been to CN. Stocking the mini bar was painless. Like other people have said the wait time was around 10 min. Sometimes a little bit longer and sometimes shorter. You still can't beat that they bring you a regular sized bottle.

Hey Suzy, we sat with the room service manager at the repeaters dinner and according to him, CSS has 5 staff at all times for this. I don't think that waiting will be an issue even in the busy times. We ordered while having breakfast in the room or while getting ready. Never an issue.

Hi again novastar!
    Thanks for the response.....I will not stress over this.....I will be in paradise and I will try to order the items for the minibar prior to heading out of the room.

All the best!

I got a reply from an email I sent to CSA yesterday and you still fill out the form there! A week from now the hubby will be filling out one!!!

I apologize if the question was answered already but do you have to be in your room when the mini bar is restocked?

First of all... it's not "Free Alcohol". It is an included part of the A-I package.

Seems like Randymon or someone else should chime in to clarify this issue. Why wouldn't they? Legitimate question needs to be answered. Most of us here are the most loyal customers Couples has. They could at least answer the question or announce the policy change if there is one.

There's a pile of lists in your room. You check off what you want and hang it on the outside of your door. There are a bunch of items - Diet Pepsi, Wata, Coke products (ugh!) that are filled automatically every day. We missed a couple of days filling out a form, they minibar was restocked regardless. The only days there was no restocking was when the hurricane slipped past.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Well I hope I don't have to wait too long for the mini bar to be re-stocked. I am going to CN in April and it is totally booked that week. I hope they still serve Grand Manier = I enjoy that after dinner. Let's see today makes 153 days to go.

We were at Swept Away last week in October and it was fill out the card, hang it on the door and they brought it to you like it always was. Funny thing, we were so close to the Bamboo Bar, I needed no refills as I hardly used anything at all. I think I mixed 2 drinks and we drank a couple bottles of water which they restocked anyway. Of course you said CN so maybe they did change it there. Either way, for everything else we get I will not let it bother me, after all waiting on something in paradise is much better then waiting on the same thing anywhere else. But that is just me. Respect.

Does anyone know the hours that you can get the mini-bar restocked. We typically spend little time in our room until we come in from the pool/beach around 4. I suppose if I can call then, it's ok. But it still seems "harder" than filling out a sheet and leaving it. Oh well, I guess I can always go to one of the many bars . . .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast