Default TimeAir or Air Link International

I am looking at flying back from Negril to Montego Bay this year - which airline do people prefer and why?

Jenni

I did AirLink because the lady I called was nice and they were cheaper. Nothing special but we got there. It was fun to but I don't think I can get my wife to do it again. She likes bigger planes. My video on youtube shows the flight at the beginning. Search couples negril 2012 if the link doesn't work. Its about 9 minutes.
    Couples Negril Jamaica 2012 - YouTube

We just booked with Tim Air for December 9th. I e-mailed Air Link and they never responded to me. I e-mailed Tim Air and within a few hours had a response and booked it. We are doing one way for $122 per person and is the charter flight. Scheduled flights for Airlink are $75 per person one way and charter is $100 per person (according to their website).

I have used both. Charter flights for both even though Air Link has scheduled flights too. Yes, Air Link is a little cheaper, but the one and only time I used them, they did not have a plane available for our flight back to MBJ at the end of our trip. We were told that all their planes were in Kingston. How can a company not have a plane available for someone who has a reservation? We ended up sharing a flight back with another couple who happened to have a TimAir reservation a little later than our planned flight. We were later getting back to MBJ and nearly missed our flight. For this reason, I will only use TimAir in the future.
    Last edited by NeedBlueWater; December 3rd, 2012 at 07:09 AM.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

We did the same thing in October and used TimAir. Great service would highly recommend them and would use them again.

joeymi, I just saw your video. It is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I don't think I could do one of those little planes either because I get airsick in them, but the views look incredible. It did make me "homesick" for CN. It is my favorite too and hope to go back also.
    Karin

I do TimAir. If I understand correctly, TimAir is a charter, thus flying when you want. AirLink might be on their schedule. But don't quote me...I could be way off.

One of my favorite things to do is to walk over to the gas station next door to the Negril Aerodrome & grab a Red Stripe. Good times, mon!
    Last edited by Bert; December 3rd, 2012 at 09:54 AM.

@Karin thank you, we just booked again and we're heading back in March. As for the above question I would actually have to agree with the other posts who prefer TimAir. We did wait 30 plus minutes for our plane with Air Link even though we had a reservation. TimAir planes looked much nicer and would probably have been on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I do TimAir. If I understand correctly, TimAir is a charter, thus flying when you want. AirLink might be on their schedule. But don't quote me...I could be way off.

One of my favorite things to do is to walk over to the gas station next door to the Negril Aerodrome & grab a Red Stripe. Good times, mon!
    Every time that we've taken the puddle jumper, there has been a lady at the Aerodome sitting in the parking lot with a cooler of Red Stripes for sale right there. We didn't even have to walk over to the gas station!
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

We have only used Tim Air, and we would use them again. Having said that, the planes are extremely small and we have seen the occasional duct tape holding things together on the plane. Also, even with a confirmed reservation, we did have to wait 45 minutes on one trip from MoBay to Negril. Not sure what the problem was, but they took six couples ahead of us, even though we all arrived at the same time.

We used Airlink, last Saturday 1st Dec, booked through the CN Tour Advisor in foyer.
    Booked for a 2.15pm flight, taxi collected us at 2.05pm and took us over the road.
    A few formalities to complete, paperwork and handing over US$204 for the two of us, and by 2.20pm we were up in the air.
    15 minutes later landing at MBJ, a porter took our luggagge and straight through to the Thomson Premier check-in.
    Much better than that 90 minute or so bus ride.
    A choice of two operators is a lot better than one, and far, far better than none at all, and the view of the coastline was amazing.