Hybrid View

Default Do I worry about the stupidest stuff or what?

Ok - so I have booked a return visit for CSS! I am so excited. We love everything about it there. So - after watching the message boards lately I have to ask - there are a few groups (a lot) of people all meeting at CSS for vacation. I hope this does not change the atmosphere of CSS. It was so relaxing compared to other (patry) resorts - which I have no problem with - I have been to a few myself. I really hope I am just being a little nuts. I just love it there. Thoughts? Katie

Hi Katie,
    For the first time last year we met up with 4 couples that we had met on a previous trip to CSS. Although we scheduled our trip for the same time period, we did not stake out tons of lounge chairs or cause a big commotion at dinner. I too treasure the peaceful vibe at CSS. Just because a group may be visiting, doesn't mean they will be disrepectful of the other guests. It only takes one person to be a jerk.......Please don't worry and enjoy the countdown to your vacation!:-)

All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by KAL3876 View Post
    Ok - so I have booked a return visit for CSS! I am so excited. We love everything about it there. So - after watching the message boards lately I have to ask - there are a few groups (a lot) of people all meeting at CSS for vacation. I hope this does not change the atmosphere of CSS. It was so relaxing compared to other (patry) resorts - which I have no problem with - I have been to a few myself. I really hope I am just being a little nuts. I just love it there. Thoughts? Katie
    Great thing about CSS is that there are so many places you can spend your time, that avoiding any large groups should be easy. You have the beach, the main pool, mineral pool, pool by Casanova (I went in, but never saw anyone else), sunset beach, mineral grotto area. And if all else fails, hopefully you get a nice room with a balcony.

Having been to CN three times during the same week of the year, while we ran into a few of the same folks all three times, there has always been a different mix of people. I wouldn't worry too much about what's on the MB, because this is only a small sampling of all the people that will be there, regardless of the resort or time of year.

We were there for the second time in late September. I didn't notice any change in the romantic atmosphere due to groups. It was still the same CSS.

We were one of the returning couples suzyQ met up with last year but it's not like we spent every meal together. Generally we'd have people to talk to at the pool bar or the group dinners but spent a good portion of our time with just our guys. With only one exception in 5 years I've never noticed a group at CSS changing the atmosphere, and that exception was a large wedding party that had hit the boisterous stage.

Thanks all - I'm not going to worry about it anymore. I can not wait!