Thread: CSS Dress Code

Default CSS Dress Code

We will be visiting CSS in January 13 and would like to know which Bars/Restaurants allow dress shorts for men, and at what times? My hubby does not mind wearing long pants with dress shirt, but it's sometimes nice to have the option.

Many thanks

Donkey68

Hi donkey68,
    Casanova is the only restaurant that requires the men to wear long pants. At Bella Vista (Beach Grill during the day) and Palazzina, dress shorts and a nice tropical print shirt are fine.

Have a wonderful trip!
    suzyQ

The only restaurant that requires long pants is Casanova and Casanova is completely worth it so do pack him some long pants. My husband wore a short sleeved button up shirt to Casanova so no need to pack a long sleeve dress shirt.

Everywhere but Casanova should be ok with dress shorts, so all meals are available. I know they are ok for breakfast at Palazinna because lots of men wear swim trunks to eat before hitting the beach. The beach grill/Bella Vista also allow shorts - that's where we ate when our luggage was delayed for 2 days. Not as sure about bars because we do our drinking at the swim up bar and rarely hit the other bars that require real clothes.

Good question for first-timers, donkey68, glad you asked...

While it is nice to pack light and nice to be on a relaxed vacation, (pet-peeve alert, just my humble opinion here) take some classy, elegant and tropically appropriate clothes to Sans Souci. It is such a beautiful and sensual setting. We can all be super casual at home. If you have spent a lot of money and gone through the hassle of travel, why would one dress-down? It does not take much and for me and it feels good to look at least as nice as the beautiful CSS Jamaican service staff.

Sweaty rumpled duds that you have worked-out in or slept in at breakfast in Palazzina? No, no, please! A collared shirt at dinner? That's not hard to do, is it? Respect is also a visual thing.

Funny thing I've noticed during six visits to Sans Souci... the Sunset Beach crowd (ultimate "casual dress", right?) seem to dress-up the nicest for the evening. It's a good feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by donkey68 View Post
    We will be visiting CSS in January 13 and would like to know which Bars/Restaurants allow dress shorts for men, and at what times? My hubby does not mind wearing long pants with dress shirt, but it's sometimes nice to have the option.

Many thanks

Donkey68