Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 2012 Weddings? Or are we super early?

Hello!!

We are planning on getting married in July 2012 at CSS and I wanted to see if any other couples out there were booking this early... we plan on reserving our wedding time next week (once we decide if we want early morning or Sunset) but I don't want to book the rooms until we can do airfare and room together. Just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat as us!

I'm so excited, I check these board everyday and I love looking at all the pictures. I randomly came across Couples on an internet search and I am so impressed with all the reviews, we were going to stay at that other resort but after looking at Couples, it fits our personalaties to a T! 516 days seems so far away!

Congrates on your up coming wedding. DH and I are renewing our Vows 8/2/2012 15 years. I booked the resort as soon as the rates for 2012 came out using the love away plan, we'll worry about airfare later. So for us nope not to early. It's never to early to book a trip to Couples.

Congratulations! you are not too early.. I'm sure our 2011 post in 2010 seemed early though.. Good Luck and Congratulations! Keep your post active by bumping it up! More people will join as the year moves on!

Becky, i started the 2011 wedding thread in feb 2010!!! Its never too early to be excited about your wedding! We've had a 2 year engagement because my fiance's brother got married last year so we had to space the weddings out. Now i'm finally about 5 months away and i'm counting down the days!! Enjoy this message board and chat with other people who are in the same boat as you. I feel like i've made some great friends on the 2011 weddings thread and we've shared all of our excitements and updates and what not. And one of those ladies is getting married this week! I can't wait to hear all about carrie's wedding when she gets back. Enjoy your countdown and please post if you have any questions.

Hi! We will be back in July 2012 for our 4th trip to CSA, and will be renewing our vows for our 15th anniversary on 7/12/12. We plan to buy our rooms this week!

And see...? I'm already watching the message boards!

Congratulations, you will NOT be dissapointed with your decision!!

I just officially booked with our travel agent! We will be at CSS from July 14th -July 21st, 2012 and at CN for our honeymoon from July 21st-July 26th, 2012!

Just booked our wedding time! 500 days!! And we decided on CSA for our honeymoon instead of CN. The Atrium
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

Just booked our trip and vow renewal day/time for January 2012....it's never to early to start thinking about this very special day...Planning it is half the fun..

Congrats!!! We also just booked our wedding for April 19, 2012 at CSA, so I don't think you're too early! Just a heads up about the sunset wedding... be prepared to pay the full amount of the package up front, plus the $250 for the government fees; they don't do deposits/payment plans for the wedding packages. It's well worth it though!

We went with the 11 am spot under 500 days for us now!
    Becky & Dave
    CN July 2012

We booked in March of 2011 for Dec of 2012 so I would say you can never book to early! We are getting married 12/12/12 at 11am at CSA and just did a countdown this morning and we only have 579 days left......oh my that sounds like an eternity!! I look at this message board entirely to much so it seems like the days just drag so got to find me a new hobby other then this message board!!

Becky...Did you go with CSA for the honeymoon so you wouldn't have to travel from Ocho Rios to Negril? I was considering a week at one resort and then 4-5 days at another, but I don't know about that long travel. It's $750 to charter a plane between Ocho Rios in Negril...OR...you have to spend about 7 hours driving, I think.

@Stacie & Chris - We are actually starting at CSS for 7 days (Sat to Fri) and plan on leaving early Fri morning to head to CSA for 5 days (Fri-Thurs). From reading the boards, it seems like it is about a 4 hour ride and if you leave early enough you don't have to go to the airport which is what we are hoping for. We may miss a few hours on the beach but it is worth it to us as we want to see both sides of Jamaica and don't know when we will be back to Couples. Also, I'm sure we will get to see a lot of the local culture on the way between the two resorts which is also interesting as well.

We decided to get married at CSS because I feel in love with the gazebo there and can't picture getting married anywhere else. Also, I have been to Negril before (years and years ago) and we wanted to get married where neither of us has been. But, I didn't want Dave to miss out on seeing Negril's beaches so that is why we chose CSA for our honeymoon.

I haven't looked into flights between the two as we are trying to be as money savvy as possible!
    Becky & Dave
    CN July 2012

@Becky...Ah, the post I saw about it taking that long must have included a stop to drop off and pick up at the airport. I chose Negril for the exact reason you chose Ocho Rios. I've been to Ocho Rios 3 times (all with my ex-husband), so I had to go with Negril for the wedding. I know the gazebo you're talking about at CSS though, it's perfect!

I'm jealous of your 12 nights! I think we're going with 10. I get a ton of annual leave (and can work credit hours to bank for additional time off) and have no problems getting time off. My finance, on the other hand, has only been working at his job for 8 months (an airline), and they don't get their vacation days up front, they earn them by quarter. Plus, he actually has to get his vacation APPROVED. I don't have that issue. I just tell them when I'm going with reasonable notice. I don't want to push it with his job. I'd love to do 2 weeks (and we can afford it), but his job may have an issue with that.

I've been trying to decide between all 10 nights at CSA and 6 nights at CSA and 4 nights at CSS. I'm leaning toward all CSA, only because I HATE packing. lol Plus, with him working for an airline, flights are cheap for us (on standby) and we can always go back.

Well, we booked today. CSA 5/13 - 5/23/12 in a beach front suite. We chatted about 7 nights at CSA and 4 nights at CSS, but decided not to have to pack and unpack a second time. We know we'll be back, so maybe a secret rendezvous for our first anniversary?

We're booked for vow renewal April 2012!

Is anyone else so excited that they think they might die from it while waiting FOREVER for the wedding-moon!?!? lol

CONGRATS!!!! We are about to book either CTI or CSS for May 2012...we're looking at early May...it does seem like it's going to take so long to get here...I'm leaning toward CSS but want feedback...

I'm so jealous of all of you that get to have such long wedding/honeymoons!! We are going to only be able to do 7 nights and at just one resort...but I'm so happy to go on vacation with my FI just the two of us!!

Welcome and Congrats ems1983!! Are you having any guests at your wedding or are just the two of you coming?

I fell in love with CSS after seeing all the pictures of it. The main difference I could see between CTI and CSS when I was trying to decide where to book our wedding was that CTI has more of a hotel feel to it and CSS is more of a resort feel. After I saw the gazebo at CSS, I knew we had to get married there.

Good Luck on picking your resort and there is TONS of helpful info on this board!
    Becky & Dave
    CN July 2012

One year from today we will be arriving at CSA for our 4th trip, and vow renewal on the 12th for our 15th anniversary! So far, we have 3 couples going with us!

ONE YEAR????!!??? Why oh why do we have to wait a whole year??

Can't wait!!

Thanks beckyanddave!! We have decided on CSS!!!! It's just the two of us Now we just need to book our room and wedding day!!! When I saw the gazebo I thought the same thing!!!! At first we were going to get married on the beach, but after I saw the gazebo, I knew that was the spot for us! Plus I will get to wear my awesome shoes - which are 3 inch heals in a blue that match the sash on my dress!!

Congrats ems1983. I love the gazebo too, but CSA spoke to me.

We're in for 4/28 @ sunset!

Can't wait!!!

12/13/12 for us!

10/20/2012 at CTI during sunset for us!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast