Default Are there locals on the beach at CTI?

Last year we were at another resort and were pestered constantly to buy "ganja" by the locals. A "no thank you" was enough to turn them away, but within 2 minutes another would approach.
    Do you get approached by locals at CTI selling dope?

No. It's a private beach.

No locals on CTI beach. It is a private and enclosed beach area. That is one thing we love about the place.

We have never had anyone try to sell us dope on the resort property or beach at CTI. The only time it has happened was on the shopping trip at island village and a No thank you was all it took.
    Irie Mon

We've been to CTI 3 times (4th this January) and have never been approached by anyone for this purpose. We have smelled its aroma while there but have no clue where it came from. The resort has a private beach which is unaccessible from surrounding areas---i think it's one of those deals where if you want it you'll find it, but no one gets in your face. That's just our experience.

The beach at CTI is completely private. The only people there are those working or staying at the hotel. There are no venders on the beach other than those scheduled to be there by the hotel.

No CTI and CSS both have private cove beaches. That is actually the main reason we prefer the Ochi side of the island. We have not stayed at CN but have stayed next door and found there are significantly fewer vendors on Bloody Bay - all of them on boat or jetski as compared to CSA where they walk the beach on foot.

Amy

Actually, a local is often NEAR the beach. He sits on a surfboard just outside the swimming markers and sells para-sailing and jet ski rentals. He will NOT bother you and you must approach him if you want to chat.
    PAPA SMOKE

Default Cti

No locals at the beach

Pape Smoke:

He is not selling jet ski or para-sailing. He is selling Conk(sp) shells. No jet ski's at CTI. If you want to para-sail, you need to leave the resort.

He is a real nice guy just trying to make a living off of fishing and shells. I think he is Couples approved. When I talked to him in July he is doing good. He is glad they resort has reopened.
    Irie Mon

One of the reasons we like to go to Negril is that the beach is public. We went to an S in Dunn's River years ago and it creeped us out the locals were not allowed on the beach. It just felt wrong. I love local color.

It's private and that's why we chose it. I wasn't aware that CSS was also private, is that right? If so, I'm glad, it'll give us another option.

No, it is a private beach, which is why I love CTI so much. No venders either. Just the wonderful staff and the even more wonderful guests!!!
    Kristen

becandjas89 CSS is also a private cove beach. The main beach is wonderful because with the tree covered jetty on one side and the cliffs to the spa on the other side you only see ocean - not another resort in site so its like you are in your own private world. SSB has a river that opens up next to it - you will see local fisherman going out in the morning and coming in in the evening but they aren't selling anything just commuting to work.

Amy

CSS is private except for Sun Set Beach. It is located next to a public beach and fishing steam. The locals can see you and do walk over sometimes.
    Irie Mon

Jon1963 - OMG! My memory is going! (Too many Salty Dogs have been forced upon me!) You are ABSOLUTELY correct! It IS conch shells!!!

Sorry all!
    PAPA SMOKE

Thanks, AAS! Sounds beautiful! We're using our day pass to head there and check it out. If we like it, we'll book it next time we go.