Default Private dinner on the island

I read somewhere on the board that CTI has a new boat to transport guests to the island.

We are not AN people but I am surprising my wife for our 20th with a private dinner.

Can anyone tell me what the new boat is like?

Thank You,

Joe

It was just the little motor boat that they used to take us to the island not the pontoon boat that they use during the day, but we were the only ones with a private dinner that night.

We have had private dinners in the past at CTI and they are great but the ones on the island are really special. enjoy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JOEPRO View Post
    I read somewhere on the board that CTI has a new boat to transport guests to the island.

We are not AN people but I am surprising my wife for our 20th with a private dinner.

Can anyone tell me what the new boat is like?

Thank You,

Joe
    When we were there, they used the pontoon boat, but there was more than one couple. Everyone we have talked to that has done the private island dinner has said it is worth it.
    Vicky

It was 100% worth it! They used the pontoon boat while we were there in Oct.

We went over for our anniversary dinner in June on the pontoon boat. The dinner as wonderful and well worth the cost. It was MAGICAL!!

Can you pre book a private dinner before you arrive or do you actually have to be there to book it???

My wife and I did the private dinner on the Island in February 2012 and we will do it again in February 2013. It is worth every penny and the staff made a fuss over my wife because it was her birthday. They even had a Jamaican Rum cake for her. Tremendous!

The boat is the pontoon boat that took us over. It is easy to get in and out of. My wife wore a full length dress and heels. She was able to get in and out with no problems at all.

Hope this helps! Irie!

Default Menu?

Hi everyone

Although we had stayed at CTI before, we have not had a private dinner. Just wondered what the cost was and what was the menu?

Thanks!

K
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by sorcron View Post
    My wife and I did the private dinner on the Island in February 2012 and we will do it again in February 2013. It is worth every penny and the staff made a fuss over my wife because it was her birthday. They even had a Jamaican Rum cake for her. Tremendous!

The boat is the pontoon boat that took us over. It is easy to get in and out of. My wife wore a full length dress and heels. She was able to get in and out with no problems at all.

Hope this helps! Irie!
    With the recent loss of the dock in Hurricane Sandy and the temporary unloading facilities on the island, it may be a little harder to get in and out of the boat in the full length dress and heals. Hopefully the dock will be replaced soon.

Thank You all for your help. I can't wait to surprise my wife. 30 days and we are home again.

Joe

Hi, have never done the dinner at CTI. We are taking your advise from a couple of years ago, doing a split between CS and CN in April 2013. Bring plenty of swim suits.

Default Us too

Quote Originally Posted by JOEPRO View Post
    Thank You all for your help. I can't wait to surprise my wife. 30 days and we are home again.

Joe
    Hi Joe,

My boyfriend and I will be at CTI (first timers) Dec 29 - Jan 5. Are you and your wife going to be there during that time? Do you know if there is anything planned for New Years Eve and what the dress code might be? Also, what type of food do they serve at the Private Dinner on the island. I'm thinking of surprising my boyfriend with this.

Thanks so much,
    Holly

Hello Holly, We will be at CTI 12/26 and leaving 1/2/13. New Years Eve is a blast. Great food and entertainment. The champaign flowed freely at midnight. As far as dress code some couples will be in formal others semi. I usually wear dress slacks and a nice shirt. My wife I believe is going to wear a black sequined dress. As far as the dinner on the island, they sent me what the menu would be when I made the arrangements but I don't have it with me today but I believe Lobster was going to be part of the dinner.

Joe