Hybrid View

Default dock on the island

did i read that the dock on the island was washed away. if so are they trying to build another one.

i guess no one knows the answer to this question.

Don't know, but you can still access the island without the dock, it just can be a bit of a challenge.
    Vicky

The new pier at the island did wash away during the hurricane. For the 12 days that we were there, a crew of about 10-12 men filled hundreds of sand bags, transported all of them to the island. They built and rebuilt the sandbags three different times. Finally on our last day Tuesday, they were finishing up with all the bags. For the time being, the sandbags will offer an easy way to get in and out of the pontoon boat and Lil Skipper. No date has been set to rebuild the dock.

still rebuilding the sandbag pier as it seems to wash away a bit. they are also using a small motorboat instead of the pontoon to transport guests. no worries, they will get you there.

I imagine replacing the dock is probably a priority as getting out of the motor launch onto the sandbag "pier" can't be fun in a wedding dress.